Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stress is good for you

Sparkleberry

Just now, Sparkleberry said:

Forced labour camps is a form of abuse though. You are stuck in a place.

So, but people there must be so healthy according to you, right? They are always in constant fear, always stressed, getting beat up etc. The fact that they are stuck in a place has to add even more to the stress they feel. That's probably why everyone in labor camps lives to be at least 120 years old.

Just now, AppleButt said:

Sometimes stress can even cause you to make bad decisions. 

Yes, because it makes you more stupid.

The "fight-or-flight" response essentially means "divert energy from brain to muscles", because when you need to run away from (or fight) a guy with a knife, you need more energy to the muscles and your brain just goes into autopilot mode.

And yes, I make a lot of mistakes when stressed, so, no matter how big and urgent the problem is, the first step is to calm down and calmly try to solve it. Otherwise I will take two or three times as long.

But yeah, you know, the post kind-of feels like the old-time ads about radiation .Radiation is energy, so it must be good for you. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Perhaps the reason why people turn to drugs is because of stress. Have you even taken a second to consider that before passing such a judgement on them?

As for emotional trauma. I've lived through watching my parents die of cancer, being right there with them from beginning to end and having to deal wth the aftermath. Months of it. Don't tell me that emotional trauma is a part of life. I am more than bloody aware of that. And that is the only fairly recent stuff I've had to deal with. Telling me that being too calm in those situations is a bad thing? Staying calm and keeping a relaxed mindset is what got me through it!

Now I suggest you think very carefully before responding to what I just said.

Quite frankly, I hope this topic gets locked.

Example. If someone flunts religion in your face. If you run away you will just try to escape it. But if you face it, and turn to stress again and let it cycle your body. Face the problems. You wont be into drugs and just use it to your advantage

Example. If someone flunts religion in your face. If you run away you will just try to escape it. But if you face it, and turn to stress again and let it cycle your body. Face the problems. You wont be into drugs and just use it to your advantage

You need to stop. This topic needs to be locked. You're spreading misinformation and trolling everybody here.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Meson Bolt said:

You need to stop. This topic needs to be locked. You're spreading misinformation and trolling everybody here.

But you are proving my point. There are people who will try to manipulate others. The only way is face them and not back down, study their stuff, make audiobooks, inform others. However, escaping it, not putting stress is a way of finding away to not face it and turn to relaxation.. Which is why stress is really healthy. Because thats the way body is meant to be but some are trying to intimidate others etc

Edited by Sparkleberry

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sparkleberry said:

But you are proving my point. There are people who will try to manipulate others. The only way is face them and not back down. Escaping it, not putting stress is a way of finding away to not face it and turn to relaxation.. Which is why stress is really healthy.

The only thing you've proved with this entire thread is exactly why stress is bad. The stress you're trying to stir up at what could be considered trolling. I certainly hope it is some sort of childish trolling you are doing. Because if this is your attitude towards stress, then the day you encounter a REAL stressful situation. It's going to eat you alive.

I'm done here. I've given you enough of my attention that civility warrants.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 3

Wouldn't it be even better if the bad event didn't happen at all?

But, you are talking about different things here. Yes, facing your problems is good, but the reason it is good is not because it creates stress on your body, but because when you fix the problem it does not happen again and you get LESS stress overall, not more. 

If you are afraid of spiders, but have to be somewhere with spiders you will be stressed to hell, which would be unhealthy for you. However, if you either find a way to get rid of your fear of spiders OR change your job or whatever to avoid the place full of spiders you will feel LESS stressed and that will be better for you.

"Face your problems" is a good advice.

"Stress is good" is not.

However, maybe this got lost in the translation and you just chose the wrong word?

• Brohoof 1

Na-uh guys. General Discussion is not the place to be sharing unsolicited psychiatric advice, especially in the current times where a lot of people are going through stressful situations. Follow professional guidelines or consult your GP. Let's leave it at that.

- Locked.

• Brohoof 10

• The topic was locked