Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever want to have a brother/sister?

Windy Breeze

(This is only for those who are the only child of their family and those who don't have a brother or a sister.)

Have you ever wonder how life with a brother or sister is like? Have you ever wished to have a brother or a sister? Have you ever want to have a brother or a sister?

• Brohoof 2

I've had the benefit of both experiences, as I'm the oldest and my siblings have a different mom and have never lived with me.

When I was younger I kind of wanted a brother but in hindsight I'm grateful for having largely been by myself, and I had plenty of cousins whom I saw just as often.

The bond I have with my siblings despite only seeing them so often is unique and frighteningly strong. I hope to see them get past classic infighting and experience the same one day.

• Brohoof 1

Idk it's fun to play together but ye like mentioned id probs wouldnt have wanted to share everything. It was kinda lonely sometimes tho. Would also depend on the personality of the brother or sister lol. And i only want one lol not multiple siblings. It's fun being alone tho u can imagine stuff more and make believe play. U are also closer to parents and other adults.

• Brohoof 1

Now? No, I'm 23 and live several states away from either of my parents, who are now divorced. 

When I was younger? Vaguely, but I feel like if I had one I wouldn't want one. I've always been kind of a loner, though idk if that would have changed had I had a sibling.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never wanted a brother or sister. My life was too messed up to want to have someone else sharing any of that. If I suffer alone that's fine. I can control my own life, but I wouldn't want to see a sibling go through it with me. I wouldn't be a very nice sibling anyway and can't imagine anyone being stuck with me. 

• Brohoof 1

I have one but I wish we were closer. Sometimes he doesn't even greets me. And we were always competing with each other growing up because that's what happens sometimes. So in that sense, yeah, I wish I had a brother.

• 1 month later...

I do already HAVE a brother, and he's great, but before he was born I remember literally crying about how I didn't want a sister! Weirdly I STILL don't want a sister, even now, and I'm always happy that my brother wasn't an annoying little sister!:D