Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Anyone want to rp?

Props Valroa

@Starforce Glimmer

I found the thread I initially made for this idea, I put some character architypes there that might be useful for you to consider using if you like. They are of course suggestions and I don't mind if you don't use any of them, but they're here if you want them:

1. Suppose the captain was recently promoted to that position, and as such is worried about impressing Princess Luna with this mission.

2. Suppose one of the lieutenants was passed up for promotion (The new captain got the job instead of them) and as such wants to undermine them.

3. Suppose one of the guards had always believed in aliens, and would do anything to meet them.

Those are the ideas I had. Again, feel free to take them or leave them.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Here's what the ship looks like, undamaged:

artemiy-karpinskiy-federation-cruiser-bg

Wow that is not at all what I imagined there, I imagined it being a very angular, almost computer mouse shaped with a steel combined with a dark green shape, sharp 90 degree edges. 

Moments ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Starforce Glimmer

I don't know where you got that, but that's why I supply the pictures. I'll give you pictures of the aliens as they appear so we have at least similar images in mind.

I have a way of imagining the way characters look. Even when no details are described, my mind fills in the details. Probably from subconscious thoughts and ideas. For our RP with Cali, I could imagine the entire scenes it was taking place in, the way of the light shining, the angles of the shadows and the lighting, etc but I have no way of describing that. :Rara:

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

I can get that, I'm pretty bad at describing scenery/appearance but consider myself good at describing personalities/mannerisms. That's why I tell people that I've only got a vague idea what my characters look like, but a great idea of what they'd act like.

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Starforce Glimmer

I can get that, I'm pretty bad at describing scenery/appearance but consider myself good at describing personalities/mannerisms. That's why I tell people that I've only got a vague idea what my characters look like, but a great idea of what they'd act like.

I am fine enough describing what they look like. For the guards, I will usually leave them vague until details about them come up. Those two solar guards, I put them there to be funny since the rest are lunar guards and there is only 2 solar guards. :D

14 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Starforce Glimmer

Do you want to take the rest of the CMC? I don't really have much planned for them and they seem inclined to follow Sweetie Belle's lead anyway.

I don't really think that I could, I'm fine with who I am playing for now. 

@Starforce Glimmer

Aiight, I'll have them chime in every once in a while, but they won't likely respond to every scene. If you think they'd say or do something feel free to have them do that, otherwise you can ignore them. They're with Sweetie Belle unless one of us indicates otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Starforce Glimmer

Aiight, I'll have them chime in every once in a while, but they won't likely respond to every scene. If you think they'd say or do something feel free to have them do that, otherwise you can ignore them. They're with Sweetie Belle unless one of us indicates otherwise.

They can basically be background characters or NPCs, just there and observing I suppose. You can do that with my guards too if you want.

@Illiad Easle

I could try, you mean I could occasionally play as one of the beings on the ship? Would be interesting, and I am glad I am doing a good job at keeping the views of Sweetie and the guards separate. I hope my portrayal of the guards is realistic. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

I meant I could occasionally add an aside from the alien PoV just to give an idea of how they are seeing things. for instance I could go into detail of what the other aliens are doing even when they can't be seen by any of the ponies to give the experience a bit more depth.

I'll put an example in my next post and you can see if you like it or if it reveals too much.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Starforce Glimmer

I meant I could occasionally add an aside from the alien PoV just to give an idea of how they are seeing things. for instance I could go into detail of what the other aliens are doing even when they can't be seen by any of the ponies to give the experience a bit more depth.

I'll put an example in my next post and you can see if you like it or if it reveals too much.

When roleplaying I feel the need to match or slightly exceed the amount of words that my partner has so I think that'd create an imbalance so we can keep it as it is going for now? I try my best to be detailed. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...