Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

AlicornSpell

Which video game do you think is better?   

9 users have voted

1. 1. Which game do you prefer out of the two?

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

As much as Ocarina of Time revolutionize the 3D gaming industry for the Legend of Zelda series back in the day, Majora's Mask brought a lot more mature themes to it. The possible end of the world, the stages of grief, And how we all wear different masks; metaphorical and sometimes literally. It got me to care about all the non-playable characters throughout the land. And every time I have to do a new 3-day cycle, I get to know the people a lot more and be able to find more motivation to help them.

If there's one game that is the definition of Video Game Caring Potential, it's this game. From saving a little girl's cursed father to reminding a sad drunk that he entered show business because of a beautiful song sung by a lovely voice to bringing hope to a freezing village and a troubled band to reuniting a bride and groom to be, this game taught me to help others

• Brohoof 2

Well I actually finished OoT, I still need to get farther in MM, so I'll probably give it to OoT. Not to mention I'm not really a fan of the time limit(yeah yeah, the song of time)

Big fan of both, but the dungeons and music in OoT really seal the deal for me! The Song of Storms, Gerudo Valley and Great Fairy's Fountain are really quite amazing. I've also been a fan of OoT speedruns for a long time, and the progression over time has really been something fantastic to witness. :eager:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I enjoy both, and I really am a fan of the darker tone and rich storytelling that Majora's Mask brings to the table, but it's marred by too much trial and error game design in my opinion. The game often leaves things vague for the player, and in most other games that wouldn't really be an issue, but with the penalty for failure being so high in this case, it can lead to a really frustrating experience at times. For what Ocarina of Time lacks in complexity, I think it makes up for it in accessibility and a strong structure. 

• Brohoof 1