Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The marketing for G5 has sucked.

CastletonSnob

full.jpgDamnit Hasbro here I thought you were going to be hinting at the existence of the fan-theorized sixth character or something, but no, it's just a WHO IS THE SILHOUETTE? 10 second video.

This is getting a bit weird.

(edited)

Even if Netflix doesn't need to advertise, I'm going to be the first to say that, trailer or not, I think I'm going to wait until the series proper wraps up its first season. This way, I can see if it will be worth watching because as it is, I don't have high hopes for G5, and neither do some of you, I can see. 

I got hyped for the LPS reboot when trailers started dropping, but then the series itself turned out just... marginal. That was the last time I ever went in blind on a new series, so I'm not going to do it with this one.

Edited by Sasoriman

Yeah, I had to agree with you guys. I wasn't too crazy about Hasbro's marketing for Generation 5 either. It almost like if Hasbro didn't have much confident in G5 thinking that it's not going to be as successful as Generation 4. The reason why Gen 4 was successful and make so much money for Hasbro was because it was able reach out a whole bunch of different people rather than just target demographic. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic was a major phenomenon in the 2010's and it could never recapture again. Hell, there's no other Hasbro series on The Hub can able to reach that.

As much as I don't agree about the direction that's going on in the later seasons, at least I can understand that it was able to keep the franchise fresh and new and garner a whole bunch of new fans.

I'm not really sure if Gen 5 were to recapture the same magic as G4 was since Hasbro did the bare minimum. I'm hoping Hasbro do have faith in G5 by releasing a trailer the Netflix movie, but as of now, the hype for G5 feels very underwhelming.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-06-13 at 1:40 AM, EpicEnergy said:

How are 207.64 million Netflix users going to develop the desire to watch G5 if there are no trailers or advertisements? There needs to be at least some hype, or else G5 will just be overlooked. Giving an audience a movie is good but showing small pieces of that movie produces anticipation, hype, and desire, which yields a much better reception.

Hasbro needs to fix both issues, although I doubt they are going to fix either.

Yeah netflix has other shows too lol 

Plus MLP is like a brand surely they could do a little more xP 

Hype is very important 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The lack of advertisements and trailer is a troubling sign of Hasbro's possible lack of confidence in the movie. 

Maybe (just throwing a wild guess out there) they're trying to avoid fan backlash like the one that happened with the Sonic movie trailer (where the main character's new design got so much backlash they had to redesign it all over so that the movie won't flop), especially considering some Gen 4 characters might return here, and will probably have different designs and voice actors.

It's all just speculation now though. Hopefully we'll know more in the near future :>_>:

Edited by Vortex Knight
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Have you seen the other hasbro movie? The rescue puppies? That was well made.... I was actually impressed... For a kids movie. 

You mean, the upcoming Paw Patrol movie? That's from Spin Master and Nickelodeon, not Hasbro.

Unless you're referring to Hasbro's Pound Puppies, I don't think it had a movie, as far as I know.

(edited)

I can say one thing. The toys so far are bad looking, they better do a good toy set so the movie will seem more appealing or interesting. I also think they should do clothes next(because l have not seen any clothes yet at all in my stores for kids). Maybe in two months we'll see the cast.(even when l'm not interested in that)

Edited by Shigaraki

(edited)

If Hasbro doesn't create enough hype for this film it'll end up underperforming like the '17 G4 movie did. What makes things worse is that the G4 movie was in the middle of a generation, while this new film is introducing an entirely new generation. I'm also worried that if this movie isn't popular Hasbro might not be as devoted to G5 as it was to G4.

Edited by corvettezora

8 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Nahhh @Vortex Knight we already saw what they look like and their fluid animation.... I don't think they're gunna mess up the VAs.

Have you seen the other hasbro movie? The rescue puppies? That was well made.... I was actually impressed... For a kids movie. 

6 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

You mean, the upcoming Paw Patrol movie? That's from Spin Master and Nickelodeon, not Hasbro.

Unless you're referring to Hasbro's Pound Puppies, I don't think it had a movie, as far as I know.

Hmm... If you're talking about this movie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAW_Patrol:_The_Movie) it seems Hasbro didn't have any involvement in it. I didn't watch it, but from what I've seen I agree the animation is pretty impressive :P.

Maybe I was too skeptical about the 3D character designs, as from the little we have seen, they look pretty good I guess (I much prefer 2D myself, but it looks competent enough). The merchandising design raises some red flags, but I guess the same could be said of Gen 4's merch, especially early on :rarity:.

Again though, I loved most of Gen 4's characters' voices so I just hope they keep as many of the actors as possible (https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/04/tara-strong-notes-that-twilight-sparkle.html had me worried). Wouldn't feel the same without them  :coco:.

Again, we don't know too much yet but here's to hoping Gen 5 is at the very least an enjoyable return to Equestria  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Vortex Knight said:

Maybe I was too skeptical about the 3D character designs, as from the little we have seen, they look pretty good I guess (I much prefer 2D myself, but it looks competent enough). The merchandising design raises some red flags, but I guess the same could be said of Gen 4's merch, especially early on :rarity:.

That's fair.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-06-19 at 6:13 AM, Vortex Knight said:

Hmm... If you're talking about this movie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAW_Patrol:_The_Movie) it seems Hasbro didn't have any involvement in it. I didn't watch it, but from what I've seen I agree the animation is pretty impressive :P.

Again though, I loved most of Gen 4's characters' voices so I just hope they keep as many of the actors as possible (https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/04/tara-strong-notes-that-twilight-sparkle.html had me worried). Wouldn't feel the same without them  :coco:.

Again, we don't know too much yet but here's to hoping Gen 5 is at the very least an enjoyable return to Equestria  :catface:

Oh hasbro didn't make that?... They better up their game then...