Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What about other settlements?

TePineer

As we know by now, there are three places the mane five visit in the new movie, Maretime Bay, Zephyr Heights and Bridlewood. But there has to be other settlements, right? And logically they would also be separated by race, but say for example, do all the earth pony places work together and communicate? or are there just the three cities?

It looks like those are the only settlements know among the main characters. Hopefully, same applies to other settlements, like one with bat poneh, and another with divine dragon horses :kirin:

This is one of the big questions regarding Equestria that I hope is explored in the series. Equestria was a large country with many cities and towns scattered throughout it. It wouldn't make any sense if the entirety of Equestria's pony population now just live within three cities, two of which don't even look big. I'm guessing that there has to be some other cities and towns throughout Equestria, and that these are just the three Sunny knows about. Considering how the three cities we did get to see all seemed very isolated, it would seem like the same could be the case for some of the other town/cities in Equestria. Maybe the ponies of these cities think that they are the only ponies of their kind, but then they realize that there are many more Earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn cities out there.

I think it would be cool for the mane cast of G5 to go on exploration missions here and there to find out more about the different cities of Equestria. What would add to that is if the cities all have something unique about them, and that they aren't just clones of the movie locations. Maybe there's a medieval themed city, or maybe there's a steampunk one. Maybe after regaining magic, a group of pegasi decided to build a cloud city and move there. There is a lot of potential with the land of Equestria, and I hope that the writers of the series don't waste the opportunity to develop it.

4 hours ago, Landi said:

This is one of the big questions regarding Equestria that I hope is explored in the series. Equestria was a large country with many cities and towns scattered throughout it. It wouldn't make any sense if the entirety of Equestria's pony population now just live within three cities, two of which don't even look big. I'm guessing that there has to be some other cities and towns throughout Equestria, and that these are just the three Sunny knows about. Considering how the three cities we did get to see all seemed very isolated, it would seem like the same could be the case for some of the other town/cities in Equestria. Maybe the ponies of these cities think that they are the only ponies of their kind, but then they realize that there are many more Earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn cities out there.

I think it would be cool for the mane cast of G5 to go on exploration missions here and there to find out more about the different cities of Equestria. What would add to that is if the cities all have something unique about them, and that they aren't just clones of the movie locations. Maybe there's a medieval themed city, or maybe there's a steampunk one. Maybe after regaining magic, a group of pegasi decided to build a cloud city and move there. There is a lot of potential with the land of Equestria, and I hope that the writers of the series don't waste the opportunity to develop it.

This is actually one of the directions I could see the show going.  Also, what happened to all of the other races that were present in FiM?  Surely they didn't all die off.  Maybe they too have lost their magic and are living a post-modern capitalist lifestyle elsewhere.  I'd love it if there's a settlement of dragons who can't fly or breathe fire.  Bonus points if they're big into gaming. Perhaps there are still changelings, yaks, hippogriffs and griffons somewhere, as well as buffalo, crystal ponies, centaurs, cat people, descendants of Klugetown, bird people, Kirin, etc.  As I've said before, I don't think an entire series could be sustained solely on the premise of exploring other regions for very long, but it is an idea for a season or two.  

I'm certain there are other settlements out there that weren't mentioned or seen in the movie. The movie was just an introduction, and as such doesn't reveal every location that will be visited and seen in the following series.