Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Twilight pass on before or after the segregation in G5?

eventyraren

I realy hope that everyone was dead and long gone when whatever happend that maid the G5 world happend. I really hated that they did everything that happened in the old Star Wars was in vain. So I hope years went by after there death before whatever happend, happend. 

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, eventyraren said:

So you hope that Twilight f-ed up and everything is her fault? 

No, I do not hope that but that does not mean that I want them dead!!! 

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

No, I do not hope that. That doesn't mean I want them dead!!! 

Eather they was alive and failed to stop whatever happend to get uss to G5 equestria, or they died and it happend after That. There is no other way. I rather they did not witnes it. Also I hope it was manny years after there death, not right away. 

• Brohoof 1

I...do understand this to an extent, hilariously wrong as it sounds. I do hate how we have to spare teaching kids the painful reality of death in kids shows, but I do not WANT everyone to be dead. It would just be bad, unrealistic writing to have all these characters who should be dead after so much time has passed be alive. I'm pretty sure that's what the OP means, he's not trying to be disrespectful. 

• Brohoof 2

I agree. I hope they had long, happy, peaceful lives, free from the problems of G5's society. If they were still alive in G5, they would have to know about what happened and contend with their failures -- their story would be a tragedy. Before the movie, I remember thinking, I hope Twilight isn't going to end up like Luke Skywalker. I hate thinking about anypony being dead, but I'd rather that than have Twilight spend years alone, broken and defeated.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, eventyraren said:

I realy hope that everyone was dead and long gone when whatever happend that maid the G5 world happend. I really hated that they did everything that happened in the old Star Wars was in vain. So I hope years went by after there death before whatever happend, happend.

It would be nice to see how things work in a more modern environment

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, eventyraren said:

Eather they was alive and failed to stop whatever happend to get uss to G5 equestria, or they died and it happend after That. There is no other way. I rather they did not witnes it. Also I hope it was manny years after there death, not right away. 

Have you considered the possibility that the mane six may have been teleported to another dimension or trapped in stasis while whatever happened happened? Or that an magical event or phenomena might have caused everything to be the way it was and had nothing to do with the mane six or any villains? Either way, the dichotomy you present is a false one, as it ignores other possibilities as to what could have happened as to lead pony society to be divided... And other creatures to be missing.

But even if the dichotomy you presented were the only two plausible explanations, I'd rather the Mane Six + Spike be alive rather than dead.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Did Twilight pass on before or after the segregation in G5?

All I can provide are theories and speculations, as there is no definitive evidence as to whether Twilight passed on before or after the segregation in G5. There is also no definitive evidence that she passed on at all, as she and her friends could still be alive for all we know.

Here are a few possible ideas of what happened to Twilight and her friends:

- They could have went on a long journey to other lands since Equestria was in it's golden age. The journey could have lasted for years as Twilight and her friends didn't see a reason to return to Equestria since they thought everything would be fine.

- They could have been turned to stone by a villain.

- They could have failed to maintain unity among the pony tribes and went to other lands searching for an answer, or went into hiding after having failed.

While those ideas aren't flawless, they are certainly explanations as to what happened to Twilight and her friends during the period of time between G4 and G5. I think it is best for the writers of G5 to leave what happened during that period as a mystery or at least vaguely suggest what happened, because it isn't the focus of G5.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite how grim the idea is, I suspect that Twilight and most of those that we came to know during G4 have passed away and as such have become the stuff of legends. There might be a few characters still around due to their longevity or perhaps having infinite lifespans but this can't be proven until Hasbro gives us something regarding it. That's why I wish the G5 movie had explained how things got to where they were with the three pony tribes no longer acting as one cohesive society. Perhaps the upcoming series might shed some light on the subject.

On 2021-10-15 at 8:38 PM, eventyraren said:

I get what you mean and there's nothing disrespectful in what you wrote. I hope the same thing! I hope the mane six lived long and happy lives but died a long time before the races became separated.

But I do wish people would stop going on about the mane 6 dying. It gets me down :(

Edited by Solar Power
  • Brohoof 1

My theory is this:

Twilight retired (her friends died) and she passed on her role to Luster Dawn (her pupil at the end of G4)

Then Luster Dawn effed up and G5 happened.

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1