Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP FIM Cameo in the new Chip n' Dale trailer

RainyDash

So Disney released a trailer for their new Chip n' Dale movie for Disney + and I was surprised to see a cameo of the mane 6 in it,

Here's a screenshot of the cameo 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7c3e170dfb0a462f0ee8de611c629793.png

I'm quite happy to see that G4 is still making a impact everywhere even after it ended, what's everyone else think of this?

• Brohoof 4

Chip ‘N Dale was my childhood.  It’s amazing to see this. 

And while IMO there’s a lot left to be desired about this, it definitely makes me want to go watch it when it comes out.  

• Brohoof 9

I also used to watch it in my childhood besides Tale Spin, DuckTales etc.

It was crazy to see G4 Ponies in that trailer. It's so wholesome to see the impact G4 made through so many people and even media.

• Brohoof 8

Help. I get rash from obvious 3D models of 2D characters *scratches* :BornAgainBrony:

The voice actors sounds very cool though!

EDIT: More rash from rap music. Yes, I know they tried to hide the animation problems by breaking the 4th wall, but meh. This is too far away from my taste as something can be (that is trying to be nostalgic)

• Brohoof 4

Honestly I would be disappointed in the part of the internet if they just claim this movie "proved that using CGI in a live action world always sucks" when really CGI is just an art style ln the fact that there are multiple throughout the shows the animation doesn't always have to be traditional hand-drawn; they can be a different wide varieties.

2 minutes ago, Brony Number 42 said:

What is the point of the movie? It's no$talgia.

Please don't give me the idea that they're clearly just doing it to make money cuz in my mind, good live action remakes at least bring something new to think about but the animated version doesn't do. People always complaining that these live action remakes are just for the money clearly not keeping their minds open to see how a viewer like me can enjoy it despite not holding a candle to the original animated version

For example rather than everything being the same in Beauty and the Beast remake they at least have Belle and the Beast converse about they see the story of King Arthur. Belle sees the romance side of the story, Beast sees at more about the Knights at the round table. It's one of the live action remakes I watch more than one time because it had something worth looking for or something to compare to. There are several other examples but I don't want to derail the topic

Likewise with this upcoming movie you can claim that they're only doing it for the money but I'm going to look at this movie and see just the simple roller coaster experience for what it is, both the good and the bad

• Brohoof 2

I wonder how Disney made that Hasbro cameo happen. Is this a modern take on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? 

I'm bummed because I got "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" feelings at first which, made me excited.

I probably would've liked the trailer more if the CG was used for both Chip and Dale. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 5

Interesting. The ponies seem to be everywhere nowadays.

Also, I’m not surprised this is a reboot mocking reboots since people have complained about the other remakes for quite some time. It’s humorous, but I think the movie could have done a little bit more to be even funnier.

• Brohoof 5

Kind of surprised they actually showed a scene of them riding the ponies, that's more than just a little reference. Then again, this is Disney. What can't they get the rights to?

Although I'm normally on the "cynical" side about reboots...this doesn't look that bad. I actually got a few laughs, had to love the self-awareness about how people react to reboots and that jab at Cats. There's a corporate vibe to it, duh, but I don't like to take stuff like this too seriously. I can enjoy something like Space Jam 2, after all. :twismile:

• Brohoof 5

Surprised they went with the Rescue Rangers of all the late 80s cartoons Disney have. The voice acting could do with some serious work especially with Chip and Dale, but I can understand why they didn't want to have sped up versions of Tress MacNeille and Corey Burton given their age now.

As for the G4 cameo... I suspect some serious red tape had to be cut to make that happen.

• Brohoof 6

4 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Interesting. The ponies seem to be everywhere nowadays.

Also, I’m not surprised this is a reboot mocking reboots since people have complained about the other remakes for quite some time. It’s humorous, but I think the movie could have done a little bit more to be even funnier.

That's just it---this movie is not exactly a reboot, since it treats the original cartoon like it's something that happened, albeit in a metafictional way.  It's kind a meta-continuation.

I absolutely LOVE the cameo, wish it could give us more information about what the ponies are up to after Season 9, but I doubt they'll get many lines, and...well, the animation on the ponies could be taken up a notch or two...

• Brohoof 4

I saw that and it's awesome to see them in a Disney movie! :pinkie: Seeing Roger Rabbit in there too makes me very happy. :BrightMacContent:

It seems to unfortunately have the type of bad kids movie humour in it that immediately makes it bad but we'll see what happens. :twi:

And I absolutely f***ing despise that trailer music. :angry:

• Brohoof 3

Well...that's...interesting...

The 3d, yet 2d characters look a bit off though. (See fluttershy in the screenshot). Also no rights to Rarity?

Hopefully it's not followed up by a "Hasbro announces the sale of..." though. 

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-02-16 at 4:36 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

I saw that and it's awesome to see them in a Disney movie! :pinkie: Seeing Roger Rabbit in there too makes me very happy. :BrightMacContent:

It seems to unfortunately have the type of bad kids movie humour in it that immediately makes it bad but we'll see what happens. :twi:

And I absolutely f***ing despise that trailer music. :angry:

Having the kind of song that requires them to bleep over every other line's final word...just doesn't work for a trailer that includes the My Little Ponies and Chip and Dale! 

Heck:  rhyming works by having the last syllable of a line be the same as the last syllable of other lines; if you bleep or silence that out, you take out a HUGE chunk of what makes a song...well, a song

And on top of that, removing that many words essentially takes out everything the song's supposed to convey, making it mostly meaningless.

Whatever meaning is left over in this butchered little ditty...really doesn't fit the trailer or the plot at all, as others have already pointed out.

So you can slice it just about any way you want to, and the decisions they made are completely ruining something.  Honestly, what were they thinking?!?!

I hope youtube copyright-strikes the trailer for no reason!

And then I hope they get the video reinstated, because they successfully argue it's parody!  Because that's about what it is.

Edited by HereComesTom