Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Does anyone in this forum have inner monologues? If you do find it annoying?

MaxAnim

I just noticed that some people don’t have them so I decided to ask the forums if any one has an inner monologue.*

*An internal monologue, also called self-talk, inner speech, inner discourse or internal discourse, is a person's inner voice which speaks the running verbal monologue of thoughts while they are conscious AKA a voice inside your head. (From Wikipedia)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I often talk to myself inside my head-that what happens when you don't have many people to talk to. I can find myself quite annoying sometime.:unsure:

Everyone has one it is pretty much the definition of being a conscious being. Conscious is the state of being aware of your own existence, feelings, thoughts and being aware of your surrounding. Which is pretty much your inner dialogue processing that, so I simply doubt anyone doesn't have that monologue.

I don't find it annoying as it's pretty much just me processing information therefore it doesn't.

• Brohoof 2

I think everyone or almost everyone has that, even if they don't realize it. I have a near constant internal monologueing going on, regularly switching to dialogue as I talk or argue with myself.

• Brohoof 2

I have an inner and outer monologue lol

Like I talk to myself in my head and out loud. I talked to myself out loud a ton during my first year in college when I was by myself, but now I don't do it that much.

Also, I don't find my inner monologue annoying at all, helps me think about things.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yup! Had it for as long as I can remember. I cannot function without it, though since I need to think with it first before I speak, which takes time, I end up being quite awkward when I'm speaking since the patience of people during a conversation is almost nonexistent. At least I am able to hold back things I wouldn't want to actually say by giving my speech a bit of thought.