Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could decide your nickname in real life , what would it be?

Reecejackox

eah i'm already getting nicknames -- if i had to choose i'd rather go by this name though 'pandora' ; a ; my name irl cannot be used in other country easily
based on my irl name some call me 'angel' -<- this is what my name means.
another calls me 'wolf' bc that's what my name means in their country apparently
another calls me laiki lol

• Brohoof 2

I had several nicknames in the past. 'Rabbit' because i used to have a girl that I was in love with that loved the movie Twister like me. And one of the characters nickname is Rabbit.

Another nickname was '911 Kid' because in my school. There is a children's playground. On the playground are the spinning pole things that you spin on. Until you get dizzy. And every time with one my friends, he would spin me very fast and I would say something like "Call 911!". That make him laugh

My fursona is named Sketch so I guess that counts as a nickname. I loved all of these nicknames btw and I never had a problem with any of the people who called me these nicknames. All of them were good friends

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I’d choose to go by either my ponysona’s name, “Moony” or my fursona’s name, “Nanners”. 

irl my close family calls me “Sis” or “Auntie”. I don’t mind if close family calls me that, since I’m still in the closet about my gender identity. But since I’m non-binary I’d actually prefer more masculine nicknames like “Bro” or “Uncle” or even “Auncle” (neopronoun combination of “aunt” and “uncle”) 

Edited by Moonydrop
  • Brohoof 1

Funny thing, I used my Pony OC name when I made my first Uber account. I ended up having a regular driver, so there was one person, in person, calling me Sharp Wit, or sometimes just Sharp. I quite liked it! :laugh:

I've had 5 self assigned names online, and 10 given by friends, family, and coworkers. Kind of odd to think that there's that many things I'd turn my head at. I'm happy to go by all of them, but my name assigned at birth is quite close to my heart. :)

4 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

"Em" would be cute since it's an abbreviation for ExplosionMare and it sounds like a real name almost, too.

Hey, I've called you that a couple times! :mlp_yeehaa:

---

If the "real world" were pony-based my nickname would be "Sparks" or "Sparkles" like it is here. 

I already go by KayJay, which is a combo of my first and second initials. And because it’s an honor to be awarded a nickname by someone else, as this one is, I’m happy with it. The only nickname I’ve ever given myself is not very flattering.

• Brohoof 1

It would pretty much be Pathfinder, or the shortened Path or Pathy work just as well! :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

Well There are lot of ppl with the same name as I have so if i were to pick a nickname in real life, I would prefer to be called "Kirby" so that way ppl don't have to be confused with the same name as I have even though I tell my friends to call me that for the very same reason. The last part of my story is that it's how my friend calls me.