Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E26 - Pony Partay

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Pony Partay
Release Date: September 8, 2022
Written By: Jessica Silcock and Naomi Smith
Synopsis: Sunny's friends want to plan her a surprise party, but their plans end up competing with each other.

• Brohoof 3

This truly was a pony party! Another awesome episode with a new song too! ^_^

And this episode makes me think it is a anniversary episode for G5 as a whole too! Can you believe it’s already been a year of G5 goodness? And all of it has been spectacular! B)

I am ready for so much more G5!! :yay:

• Brohoof 5

Teehee I feel like I'd enjoy Zipp's party the most!!

Another super fun episode in the books!

I absolutely can't wait for more G5 content!! 

Spoiler

AND OMG SUNNY AND HITCH DID THEIR LITTLE THING AGAIN AAA I LOVE THEM SO MUCH

• Brohoof 1

I honestly thought this one was a fairly weak. It kind of reminded me of Pony Life (which I'm watching right now), with everybody acting fairly selfishly and childish just to yank Sunny around for our entertainment. I wasn't a fan of the song either. There were a bunch of fun art choices so that was nice. Sorry for being negative, I hope I like next week's better. :c

Edited by Starset Twinkle

Better than Puphunt, but like said episode, still more of an "averagely good" one. Conclusion was extremely predictable, and even though I liked the song, we didn't need it played over every single clip without a change-up in lyrics and tune. My favorite parts were Izzy channeling Pinkie Pie with the glitter cannon, the "crafternoon" joke, and the return of Hitch and Sunny's hoofshake saying from the movie. It just would've done better with some more original storytelling and an extended version of the song played less. 

15 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Better than Puphunt, but like said episode, still more of an "averagely good" one. Conclusion was extremely predictable, and even though I liked the song, we didn't need it played over every single clip without a change-up in lyrics and tune. My favorite parts were Izzy channeling Pinkie Pie with the glitter cannon, the "crafternoon" joke, and the return of Hitch and Sunny's hoofshake saying from the movie. It just would've done better with some more original storytelling and an extended version of the song played less. 

I actually liked how the song changed depending on who’s party Sunny was doing. And then the ponies and the song all came together in the end and I thought it was just awesome!

10 hours ago, DivineZipp1000 said:

I actually liked how the song changed depending on who’s party Sunny was doing. And then the ponies and the song all came together in the end and I thought it was just awesome!

The lyrics only change once at a part with Zipp where she starts "rapping". I do see now, however, that you meant a change in regards to the characters singing, which I agree is cool. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Amended in light of realizing a misunderstanding.

The lesson here is that they all need to have better communication with each other. I do like how the song changes with each character taking Sunny to their respective party.

• Brohoof 1

The episode made me reflect quite a bit. At first, I thought it was decent, but after thinking about it a bit more, I feel like they made the characters bad at communicating their ideas with each other and just acting kind of selfish for the sake of the plot...

• Brohoof 1

They resurrected Glitter Cannon for some reason :ooh: They are pushing themselves on Sunny again, it was supposed to be her birthday 

Edited by RDDash
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The lesson here is that they all need to have better communication with each other. I do like how the song changes with each character taking Sunny to their respective party.

And although I still stand by my opinion of wanting more lyrical variety, the song is definitely not as repetitive to me now that I've gone back and realized that it is a different character singing for each shift in character focus. That is a good added touch, I wish I hadn't missed that initially. 

• Brohoof 1

Overall a decent episode that has its enjoyable moment, but kinda feel a tad like a throw-a-way. In a way it reminds me of the season 9 FiM episode that had Twilight losing it at a trivia game contest. Both episodes really gave me a similar feeling: fun, but it feels like they should've known to communicate by now.

That said; no character is perfect and mistakes are expected, especially from young ponies. No character is set in stone because people and personalities are complicated. :p

So yeah; decent with fun moments.

• Brohoof 3

I'm with Ashen on this one; there are plenty of better episodes, but this one at least had its good moments, and there weren't any sucky moments, either---you know how an episode can have a sucky moment that feels like it ruins the episode?  None of that happened here.

• Brohoof 1

Ugh.  My least favourite episodes are the ones where one or more characters have their annoying switch turned on, and that is the case here with all of them, except Sunny!  Of course, Sunny is her usual bland self, so as usual, it falls on everypony else to carry the episode, and...yeah, I don't like this one.  Even Zipp is annoying here, and she's usually one of few who isn't.  Besides, this whole episode treads ground already handled...less bad in FiM, so I'm really not sure what the point even is of trying to do it here, other than to try and fill an episode quota.

I would have been happy for this one not to have any conflict to resolve as the initial parties were fun and the humour was cute :3

as soon as we got the predictable "and now the characters create a problem for no reason" bit it went downhill. While I didn't mind Izzy's behaviour (as she is that whimsical), it made no sense for the rest of them to act as they did. The ep didn't even go with the idea that they were all so excited for Sunny's party that they ignored the chaos.

The song was fairly meh too :( I prefer the Andrew WK version:

• Brohoof 1