Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E34 - Sneaksy Strikes Again

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Sneaksy Strikes Again
Release Date: November 3, 2022
Written By: Gretchen Mallorie
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Another compilation following the actual episode!

Edited by Ashen Pathfinder
  • Brohoof 3

Actually thought this was a very cute idea, I just don't know what makes Queen Haven think she has the right to openly deface Maretime Bay property, especially the Sheriff's office? Who is the mayor in Maretime Bay? Are ponies all accepting Haven as a royal authority? I would find that hard to believe. I hope they reference this episode at some point in MyM, have "sneaksy" graffitied on the side of a wall or something lol, it's a part of Izzys character I really like, and the fact that she of all ponies can keep it a secret is fun...

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to S01:E34 - Sneaksy Strikes Again

The name of Sneaksy is clearly a reference to the real-life artist Banksy. It can also be a reference to Flanksy, which was the name Sunset used in one of the Equestria Girls shorts.

• Brohoof 2

This is one of those “good but not great” episodes to me”

Still had a few good laughs with Queen Haven taking a huge chunk of wall out of the Sheriff’s station and the song was great too.

The whole Sneaksy/Izzy thing was cute, but this was more of an okay episode to me!

Edited by DivineZipp1000
  • Brohoof 4

I love the take on Banksy in this episode. And I'm also super excited they used somepony else instead of Pipp for the song for once, even though I'm not much of an Izzy fan. :P 

• Brohoof 2

I'm with Divine, this is "good, not great". Oddly enough, the thing that had my feelings conflicted the most was not the characterization of Izzy or the take on the "morality of vandalism", the stuff I was most worried they'd get wrong. It was Haven just taking a chunk out of a wall and making Maretime Bay rebuild it. Where's Maretime Bay's government in all this? That, and the fact that they are really trying to sell Pipp as "the clueless one". Oh well, at least the song was good and I like how there's some opportunity in the future for Sneaksy with how it won't just be a one-time thing that will be forgotten. I do have to question though how Sneaksy is "striking again" like the title states when this is her debut. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I'm with Divine, this is "good, not great". Oddly enough, the thing that had my feelings conflicted the most was not the characterization of Izzy or the take on the "morality of vandalism", the stuff I was most worried they'd get wrong. It was Haven just taking a chunk out of a wall and making Maretime Bay rebuild it. Where's Maretime Bay's government in all this? That, and the fact that they are really trying to sell Pipp as "the clueless one". Oh well, at least the song was good and I like how there's some opportunity in the future for Sneaksy with how it won't just be a one-time thing that will be forgotten. I do have to question though how Sneaksy is "striking again" like the title states when this is her debut. 

Kind of what I was thinking about Pipp between this and Filly Filling they really put Pipps competence level to hockey score IQ

• Brohoof 3

I quite liked this episode. It was funny and interesting. I'm kind of surprised that the Queen Haven can just claim a wall in Maretime Bay and have the pegasi take it though. It makes me wonder what the governmental structure of these three pony settlements is and the relationship between them. Though I have to wonder if Pipp's lack of logic skills is to compensate for Zipp's strength in it. Maybe they could do something with that...

• Brohoof 3

My first take was that this was another episode where Izzy doesn't respect other ponies' property (or even respect boundaries in general), and it felt like her character development from before this episode went down the tubes.

But as I thought more about it, there haven't been any Izzy-focused episodes where she actually feels bad about not-respecting-other-ponies-property-or-boundaries, or where she makes a real effort to start respecting them...until this one.  If Izzy simply doesn't happen to disrespect properties or boundaries in a given episode, well, that's not exactly character development; her feeling bad about failing to respect boundaries and trying to change is character development.  And that's what this episode delivers on.

There've been better episodes, but it's still a good one.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

My first take was that this was another episode where Izzy doesn't respect other ponies' property (or even respect boundaries in general), and it felt like her character development from before this episode went down the tubes.

But as I thought more about it, there haven't been any Izzy-focused episodes where she actually feels bad about not-respecting-other-ponies-property-or-boundaries, or where she makes a real effort to start respecting them...until this one.  If Izzy simply doesn't happen to disrespect properties or boundaries in a given episode, well, that's not exactly character development; her feeling bad about failing to respect boundaries and trying to change is character development.  And that's what this episode delivers on.

There've been better episodes, but it's still a good one.

I for one would actually like to see more of Izzys dynamics around other unicorns of her own kind to kind of make sense of whether this is new attributed to her not really understanding how to be a respectful because this may just be her level of comfort around her friends that she thinks doing this type of stuff is appropriate, I mean her keeping the vandalism a secret let's you know it's because she still understands consequence, but I'm talking about more or less when she oversteps her boundaries with her friends belongings and such, really look forward to the Unicorn segment of winter wish day, I'm thinking that these behaviors Izzy exhibits she's probably always had, and it was more second nature and acceptable for her to be like this around her own kind, but they are new to the whole living with Izzy experience and it's at times off-putting for them

• Brohoof 1

Izzy being written really similar to Pinkie aside, I liked this one. I thought it was one of Hitch's better appearances lately, the scene with Zoom and Thunder taking the wall was great. I wish they did not end the episode like this with Pipp but its not that bad. Also, what if the intruder was dangerous? She came alone, what did she expected to do?

We got a better idea what Posey does for a living. She clearly doesn't like Izzy, but their interaction was neat. It was refreshing seeing her (for at least a few moments) in a good mood (and it not being at someone else expense).  

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 1

That was actually a pretty fun episode! Izzy being good hearted and a little too enthused, but dammit she is too cute here. ❤️

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-11-03 at 6:21 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Sneaksy" stole "Flanksy's" gimmick! Does that mean Sunset Shimmer is canon in gen 5!? :awwthanks:

Of course Sunset Shimmer is canon. She was canon in generation 4, and generation 4 is set in the same world as generation 5.

This was a fun episode I thought with lots of Izzy silliness which is always welcome. I also liked the rap. :Thorax:

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-11-03 at 11:19 PM, Spook Conundrum said:

I for one would actually like to see more of Izzys dynamics around other unicorns of her own kind to kind of make sense of whether this is new attributed to her not really understanding how to be a respectful because this may just be her level of comfort around her friends that she thinks doing this type of stuff is appropriate

I'm not sure---it felt like the scene where they got the unicorn crystal from Alphabittle showed that unicorns have a pretty robust sense of property ownership.  Don't get me wrong; I'd like to learn more about unicorn culture, and how it's different from earth pony and pegasus culture---it's one of the G-5 world's most unexplored areas.  Their culture could be the explanation for Izzy's lack of boundary respect, but I kind of doubt it.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, HereComesTom said:

I'm not sure---it felt like the scene where they got the unicorn crystal from Alphabittle showed that unicorns have a pretty robust sense of property ownership.  Don't get me wrong; I'd like to learn more about unicorn culture, and how it's different from earth pony and pegasus culture---it's one of the G-5 world's most unexplored areas.  Their culture could be the explanation for Izzy's lack of boundary respect, but I kind of doubt it.

Yeah Izzy is truly a "unicorn among unicorns" as when she references the superstitious elements and beliefs of the other Unicorns it is apparent that she does not share these radical beliefs herself, but this again is an instance of her being conscientious of other ponies around her, just as she appeared to know that vandalizing in itself was wrong, Izzy is like my favorite little psycho, remember when she ran down Posey to literally rip the ear rings off her head lol, she's something, she's being herself and I completely dig it, I've always been the outcast ringleader, these are usually the kinds of friends I'd find, I like weird and personal, but to much Izzy being Izzy is something else I feel, haha I want to see her get hype about Wishiehoof, I'm very interested in her culture

• Brohoof 1

Eh...I think this one's alright.  I don't think it's the best or anything, but it gets a pass from me.  Izzy's still Pinkie ordered on Wish, and we're still not getting Ingram-quality songs.  Also, sorry, but having a wall annexed is just vandalism, especially since Maretime Bay is outside of the jurisdiction of Zephyr Heights.  With that said, it's an otherwise harmless episode, and I've seen worse from Izzy.  I once again wish it were longer.  

I thought it was pretty cute. Adds another layer onto Izzy, too.

Though for me, my favorite bit was seeing Zoom and Thunder obtaining Hitch's wall.

large.jpg

Could Queen Haven do that? How does that work? Well regardless this is being played for comedy, and isn't worth thinking too much about the ramifications,  so I would just say this-

2982081.gif

• 1 year later...