Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you use VR if any?

EpicEnergy

Just curious if you use Virtual Reality headsets or not, and if so how often do you do it? Cause like many years ago parents used to say to their kids not to sit so close to the TV and now we just have it right on our face XD. Wow times have changed so much! :Pip-giggle:

• Brohoof 2

It must have been at least a year since I used mine. Having your character walk with you moving your legs is disorienting, but I think it took me a day to get used to it. Half-Life Alyx was very impressive and very fun to play.

• Brohoof 2

I used to go into VR chat way more often. Like everyday. But now I've calmed down a bit. Still check in on the weekends to see if anything is up. Also I don't mind new friends on there. It gets boring and irritating to keep going to public lobbies. Japan Shrine and sorta Furry Hideout is the places I hangout in mostly Japan Shrine, or just go into friends lobbies.

Edit: Also the Kinect fro Xbox 360 was my parents attempt to get me to stop sitting at the computer all day long, kinda literaly, it worked for a little bit then I got bored with the same like two games. Kung Fu panda and Kinect Adventures. People say that the kinect did'nt work to well, honestly I think it works fine depending on the game of course. Still it is a gimmic. um sorry I kinda derailed this topic.

VR chat name: MadWitchJay

Edited by MadWitchJay

I have tried VR for a very short time (the hardware was not mine) - I did not like it. I think that, for me, VR would only make sense if there was a touch simulation (that is, I could, for example, reload a gun inside the game without looking at it, just by feel). As such, I never bought any VR hardware.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, I just got the Valve index VR Headset and 3 trackers after Thanksgiving. I go on a few times a week. I've been interested for about a year though. Initially I started looking into it because I saw stuff about Zuckerberg's Metaverse B.S.

I was pissed because it looked like he was just looking to monetize it and suck the creative soul out of it before it even got off the ground. His "$4.5 billion" 2002-ass graphics pissed me off as well.:lostit:

Anyway, I found out about VRChat, and that it actually looked pretty sweet. I then found some cool people through YouTube and Twitch and interacted/got to know some of them over the past year. In that time I also found out you can use VRChat on a PC without a headset. I finally got things budgeted and got a the headset and trackers after Thanksgiving.

Knowing some people you can use VR with is what makes it really fun.

Edited by Cirrus.

I use it fairly often. I have an older Oculus Go headset and it’s really fun. Sadly it’s showing its age and starting to malfunction a bit so I may need to replace it or upgrade. But the concept is so cool and I love going through Youtube and finding 3D VR videos to watch. Some of them can give you some serious motion sickness but I’ve found that’s the exception to the rule. I’ve never done any gaming on them but I’ve watched movies and loved the experience. VR can be very addictive and I wish they had more content for VR headsets. A lot of the material that was originally created for Oculus Go is discontinued now and that really sucks. They love to manipulate customers by making older models obsolete. If I buy a new unit it’ll be previously owned, but it’ll probably happen.

• Excited 2

On 2024-01-05 at 11:51 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

That's what I'm afraid of. They're soooooooo expensive! And right now my purse is screaming for mercy. :please:

I have a wallet, and it's in pain! Cause it's empty and everytime I give it stuff, it consumes it like a black hole! Not really I'm just using figurative language lol, basically saying that I don't have money in my wallet cause I'm broke. So yeah, I can't afford a VR either, not that I want one but I couldn't get it if I wanted to. I would rather buy a PS5, then Baldur's Gate 3, then FFXIV subscription, etc. yeah lots of stuff I want more than VR. :Pip-giggle:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dreambiscuit
That’s cool, Dreamy. :D

You can do that, watch movies and all of that other stuff on VR?

For me, I haven’t used VR in such a long time although it has interested me and I’ve thought of giving it another shot although after what happened………

Edited by TheRockARooster

• 3 weeks later...

Since my last post on here I made the move and bought a Meta Quest 2 to replace my dead Oculus Go. The Meta Quest is very nice and seems to have more content than the Oculus Go, especially where gaming is concerned. I compared the Quest 2 and 3 side-by-side and didn’t think there was enough difference to justify doubling the price, and I got my Quest 2 used on ebay for a good deal. And now that I’ve finally broken into the VR gaming world I have to say…it made me rather sick. Yeah, motion sickness, real bad, Within 15 minutes I had to stop the game (still in the tutorial stage), set aside the unit and lie down on the bed in a cold sweat. I thought the motion sickness aspect would have been somehow ‘fixed’ in these newer VR headsets but my brother reports identical symptoms when he played Doom back on the old Playstation VR years ago. So, that being said, I’ll continue to use my Quest 2 for watching VR videos on Youtube VR, and watching movies, but gaming isn’t going to be a big factor. That’s fine with me; I never was much of a gamer anyway.  

On 2024-01-10 at 2:28 AM, TheRockARooster said:

all of that other stuff on VR?

Sure, you can loads of fun stuff on VR.

On 2024-01-10 at 2:28 AM, TheRockARooster said:

For me, I haven’t used VR in such a long time although it has interested me and I’ve thought of giving it another shot although after what happened………

After what happened? :Sunny-huh:

• Delighted Giggle 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Since my last post on here I made the move and bought a Meta Quest 2 to replace my dead Oculus Go. The Meta Quest is very nice and seems to have more content than the Oculus Go, especially where gaming is concerned. I compared the Quest 2 and 3 side-by-side and didn’t think there was enough difference to justify doubling the price, and I got my Quest 2 used on ebay for a good deal. And now that I’ve finally broken into the VR gaming world I have to say…it made me rather sick. Yeah, motion sickness, real bad, Within 15 minutes I had to stop the game (still in the tutorial stage), set aside the unit and lie down on the bed in a cold sweat. I thought the motion sickness aspect would have been somehow ‘fixed’ in these newer VR headsets but my brother reports identical symptoms when he played Doom back on the old Playstation VR years ago. So, that being said, I’ll continue to use my Quest 2 for watching VR videos on Youtube VR, and watching movies, but gaming isn’t going to be a big factor. That’s fine with me; I never was much of a gamer anyway.  

Sure, you can loads of fun stuff on VR.

After what happened? :Sunny-huh:

I nearly got hit by a whale, Dreamy. :confused:

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I nearly got hit by a whale, Dreamy. :confused:

Don't you just hate it when that happens? You're having a nice time enjoying your VR and some damn whale has to come along and spoil things. So inconsiderate. :BrightMacContent:

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Don't you just hate it when that happens? You're having a nice time enjoying your VR and some damn whale has to come along and spoil things. So inconsiderate. :BrightMacContent:

You speak the truth, Dreamy. :rarity:

• Hugs 1

9 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Hopes I don't run into this same whale:twismile:  

• smile 1