Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dusty Soul

So I was thinking about season 3 a little and I just thought about a cool episode idea. (sorry if this idea has been posted already) So I was thinking an episode where the mane 6 go away on a trip and a monster attacks Ponyville. Since the mane 6 are away 6 other ponies have to defeat the monster. They are the other mane 6 (Derpy, Dr. whooves, Lyra, Bon Bon, Octavia, and Dj pon3). This way all the background ponies get an episode.

• Brohoof 2

Wasn't that a Powerpuff Girls episode where the girls were gone and like the town saved themselves or something

if it was I didn't know about it. lol

Wouldn't mind seeing what some of the background ponies daily lives are like. Has to be something else going on that doesn't involve the mine 6 in ponyville at some point lol

(edited)

I like background ponies to stay in the background ~

Wasn't that a Powerpuff Girls episode where the girls were gone and like the town saved themselves or something

It happened ;D ~

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with the majority on this one. This wouldn't be good. If they give them personality's, then we lose the personality's of them that we have in our head.

(edited)

They have no personalities. All current personalities are pure fandom. Do not want.

Not Derpy she has an official personally even if they did censor her for no reason. Plus whats stopping them from using the fandom's personalities?

I like this idea, but I would take out Dr Wooves and replace him with someone else cause he doesnt fit

But he's the Doctor. You can't replace the Doctor. Edited by E.G.G.M.A.R.E.

What would the show benefit from this, though? All it'd be is fan service inflated to the max.

What was the Derpy scene? Or half the stuff from season 2's finale? Fan-service is nothing new to the show.

Anyway I would like to see how other ponies like say Derpy live on an average day like they've done in other shows. I remember Dexter's Lab doing it with Mandark once.

What was the Derpy scene? Or half the stuff from season 2's finale? Fan-service is nothing new to the show.

Yes, but this is a case of too much fan service, which hurts the show. If this does go through, it'll heavily imply that the show cannot stand on its own two feet and is dependent on the community.

I really don't know if I'd dig an episode with characters that have an accumulated screen time of less than 5 minutes. Maybe after they jump the shark but I can't see that happening soon to be honest.

Mayhaps i have an alternative possibility. As opposed to "The other mane 6" maybe the CMC might come in and save the town, who knows maybe it could be how they earn their Cutie Marks, or not. Either way i believe the characters with some more depth might fit better than the background characters.

P.S. Maybe the CMC will fix a problem they DIDN'T cause.

(edited)

I'd just be happy with cameos. Like Derpy having more dialogue or Dr.Whooves saying a line in a British accent [possibly voiced by David Tennant because why not?]

Edited by E.G.G.M.A.R.E.

Oh and also, why are these ponies designated "the other mane 6"?

(edited post because Shankie changed hers, and subsequently stopped making sense)

I normally only edit posts to fix spelling :P,

but my post still makes sense >.<'

I agree with you!

The background characters are fannon only,

and are boring.

I don't understand the hype. ~

So they can stay in the background (get it haha) ~

I agree with you!

and are boring.

OH NAW OH NAW!

My post stopped making sense! Because for some reason, you put a quote of yourself inside your post, so I seized the chance to make a "Yo Dawg" joke.

I agree with you, though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I agree with you!

and are boring.

and are boring.

are boring

Yep because a Timelord is boring. Edited by E.G.G.M.A.R.E.

The other mane 6.....? Hm.....

Well, we have what would be the first three obviously:

Posted Image

Hm........but who would be the other 3.....oh, I got it! 83

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:wub: