Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing

Pinkie D Pie

Lol, I disappeared again. And I am REALLY happy to know that you guys play New Leaf/City Folk/Wild World/Gamecube and such. The only wifi works on my New Leaf. And my favorite villager is DEFINITELY DOTTY. I love her so much! Sprinkle, Kidd, and Portia are all tied for second.

I've actually recently re-started my AC kick emulating the original with Dolphin in the past week; needless to say, it has consumed my life just about the same as it originally did some 10 years ago. I regret selling that GC game. :(

I played Wild World on my DS for a while a few years back; I never liked it as much as the original, due to the spherical-camera angle effect, as opposed to the "block"-like view of the original, if that makes any sense; are the new ones (City Folk, New Leaf) like that still?

I played Wild World on my DS for a while a few years back; I never liked it as much as the original, due to the spherical-camera angle effect, as opposed to the "block"-like view of the original, if that makes any sense; are the new ones (City Folk, New Leaf) like that still?

Block like? Do you mean the division of your town into acres? No, that's not a feature in City Folk or New Leaf, but it shouldn't make/break the game. I think it's great for the GameCube version as that has the more arcade feel to it.

I would still really recommend getting New Leaf. There are just so many features that make it head and shoulders better than the other titles.

• Brohoof 1

New Leaf is So. Much. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN. It's like a mix of City Folk and Gamecube, and its own little thing. Gamecube's pure awesomeness, train station, (etc) City Folk (hide and seek, graciegrace, other stuff) And it also has THE DREAM SUITE. A SECOND FLOOR TO THE MUSEUM! YOU CAN WEAR PANTS AND SOCKS AND SHOES AND ETC. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Imagine

Block like? Do you mean the division of your town into acres? No, that's not a feature in City Folk or New Leaf, but it shouldn't make/break the game. I think it's great for the GameCube version as that has the more arcade feel to it.

I would still really recommend getting New Leaf. There are just so many features that make it head and shoulders better than the other titles.

After doing a bit more research, I found what I actually meant was, I liked the original Animal Crossing's top-down view of your character where you could only see the ground, instead of Wild World's view in which the sky could be seen at all times as well as the ground. I didn't care for that. :P

After doing a bit more research, I found what I actually meant was, I liked the original Animal Crossing's top-down view of your character where you could only see the ground, instead of Wild World's view in which the sky could be seen at all times as well as the ground. I didn't care for that. :P

Well, in New Leaf, the camera angle shows only the ground, but you can press Up on the D-Pad whenever you want to look at the sky. Just to check out the weather or, in the case of the month of August, the fireworks :)

Well, in New Leaf, the camera angle shows only the ground, but you can press Up on the D-Pad whenever you want to look at the sky. Just to check out the weather or, in the case of the month of August, the fireworks :)

I suppose I should probably pick up another game for my 3DS other than the Ocarina of Time remake. :P

New Leaf it is!

pq7rpTC.gif

...Or at least it will be, when I find another job! 

KyGkA8O.gif

Edited by Abstract
  • Brohoof 2

Gather round Bronies, for you are about to hear a mystical tale of my love for Animal Crossing.

Family BBQ time, yay... Seriously, it's never fun. My and my brother sit around, our parents/relatives get drunk out of their minds and then they all leave and the house smells of beer. Oh, and our cousin comes over. My cousin is always up to date on the latest games, consoles, you name it. You could say he's a little spoiled but I don't care, he's an awesome guy.

Anyway, my cousin arrives with his 3DS XL, PSP and laptop. I ask him what games he has. The only one my ears perked up at was 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf'. 

"Oh, I've been reading about that game, is it fun?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's really good, better than the Wii one, do you want to have a try?" He replies.

"Sure thing, I've always wanted to try this one." I say.

We then head into my brother's bedroom and I open the game. He's the mayor of this town and he currently has one of those public works projects going, a suspension bridge. 128,000 Bells.  :o I get my house (Well, tent) and I ask if I can help with the bridge donations, to which he obviously replies "Yeah, sure!". I then spent the next three hours running around his town, harvesting fruit, fishing and catching bugs, all to make money for the bridge. 

So, I was done and me and my cousin were sitting around the 3DS XL, high-fiving as the town celebrated on the completed bridge (My cousin helps while I was on a break. It was his town, after all). 

The end

TL;DR

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is an amazing game that makes time fly and seemingly 'boring' activities fun and addicting. I've already ordered my own copy, have you?  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Am I into Animal Crossing? Nope. :mellow:

...Why hasn't anybody shared their friend code? Here's a start! 1349 - 5344 - 9667; Cherries and apples!

Edited by K.K. Slider

• 4 weeks later...

Heyaaa. C:
SO I bought Animal Crossing NewLeaf rate on it's release date, annnd haven't been able to put it down since aha. =w=;
I grew up on the gamcube version of it (Population Growing) and played it day by day (without time skipping and in real time mode). So of corse after also buying Wild World for the ds when it came out, I also had to buy City Folk for the Wii. (and that one was waaay hard to put down as well) So of coarse when New Leaf came out I HAD to buy that too. XD
I'm super impressed with all the customization now that they added in (changing pants still blows my mind everytime) and some of the new villagers they added are super adorable. ;u; Although there's still a few things I think they missed in what they could have added. :T

Also I'm lookin for more friends to play it with meee. So if anyone has the 3ds game, or just swap noteing, add meee my 3ds code is 0946-2908-6550. >w<

Fave characters btw are:
Rod
Shep
Biskit
Bone
Moe
Ruby
Goldie
Roony
Cube
Kid Cat
O'Hare
Timmy
Tommy
Crazy Redd
Kicks

(im so obsessed I can't even stop drawing the characters ;w;) 
send help... 2 much... animal crossing
post-19612-0-51950200-1378962481_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tonku
  • Brohoof 1

I also really like AC... Been playing since WW came out, although I went back and played PG too...

I generally like the wolf and cat townspeople... I try to get them into my town as often as possible.

Its really hard to go backwards in animal crossing because the games get better and better so it gets harder to play the older ones as nicely. ;c

Ahhh the wolfs are super cool (im trying to get some in my town atm). Im more of a Dog type fan, as well as some of the sheep, (but if theres one i dont like i hit them on the head with a net and push them into pitfall holes until they move. XDD theres some NASTY villagers in that game LOL) also the ones I reallly dislike are the gorilla and monkey villagers. Eugh, they just, no. 

Its really hard to go backwards in animal crossing because the games get better and better so it gets harder to play the older ones as nicely. ;c

Ahhh the wolfs are super cool (im trying to get some in my town atm). Im more of a Dog type fan, as well as some of the sheep, (but if theres one i dont like i hit them on the head with a net and push them into pitfall holes until they move. XDD theres some NASTY villagers in that game LOL) also the ones I reallly dislike are the gorilla and monkey villagers. Eugh, they just, no.

I hear you.. The gorillas aren't as fun as some of the other villagers. Have you gotten the toy hammer in new leaf? You can get it from the island. It's by far the best way to beat on villagers you don't like... Although I don't do it too often.

I hear you.. The gorillas aren't as fun as some of the other villagers. Have you gotten the toy hammer in new leaf? You can get it from the island. It's by far the best way to beat on villagers you don't like... Although I don't do it too often.

I'm still looking for the hammer ahh. I cant seem to find itttt yeeet. ;w;

Also it really irks me when one of them moves onto a patch of land that I've customized (eg; paths trees bushes and flowers) I have a few villagers wrecking some of my favorite spots ahah. I really wish they made it so you could suggest where some of them can move. Like how you choose your own spot to live and stuff. Ahh, and rock placement, That's kinda lame too. I have this duck that moved RATE in front of a rock and now I cant see If its a lucky rock or not when I hit it. XD

• Brohoof 1

Ouch... I feel your pain. I spend an hour making a whole garden and planting perfect apple trees, and the next day some frog just throws it all away. Gee, thanks buddy! I mean, it's not like I'm the MAYOR or something! The mayor needs more power!

Also I'm lookin for more friends to play it with meee. So if anyone has the 3ds game, or just swap noteing, add meee my 3ds code is 0946-2908-6550. >w<

Will shoot you an invite. :-) Love Bones myself, he was in my original Population Growing town and I got him again in City Folk. Can't wait to find him in New Leaf! Already have Goldie; one of the few villagers with K.K. Bossa (alt. orchestrated version from the movie) playing in their pad!

And lol @ villager houses destroying your custom work. I had a particularly hidious frog villager move right next to my home and on top of my custom road...suffice to say, she loves pitfalls!

Edited by K.K. Slider

Will shoot you an invite. :-) Love Bones myself, he was in my original Population Growing town and I got him again in City Folk. Can't wait to find him in New Leaf! Already have Goldie; one of the few villagers with K.K. Bossa (alt. orchestrated version from the movie) playing in their pad!

And lol @ villager houses destroying your custom work. I had a particularly hidious frog villager move right next to my home and on top of my custom road...suffice to say, she loves pitfalls!

got ya added. o3o

Apples is my main fruit, but I have all the fruits thus far in my town.

(and still trying to obtain a hammer ;c)

Also looking for Jester Pants. (I have the rest of the set so farr ahhh, why are they so hard to fiinndd)

ALSO ahhhh I haaate the frog villagerssss. I push them in pitfalls too ahha. If only there were ways to preserve land. =w=;

This might be slightly random but i'm looking for the autumn wall and floor for the backyard room of my house.

Fall is here and i wanted to make it feel like the season.

by autumn do you mean forest wall and floor? I dont have the floor but I have the wall if you want it, it has trees and autumn-looking mushroom tings in it. owo Also have a grass (spring) floor with all these flowers on it. looks kinda realistic if your going for a backyard look if you want that as well. (im using that combination for my main room atm. C: )

Edited by Tonku

got ya added. o3o

Apples is my main fruit, but I have all the fruits thus far in my town.

(and still trying to obtain a hammer ;c)

Also looking for Jester Pants. (I have the rest of the set so farr ahhh, why are they so hard to fiinndd)

ALSO ahhhh I haaate the frog villagerssss. I push them in pitfalls too ahha. If only there were ways to preserve land. =w=;

by autumn do you mean forest wall and floor? I dont have the floor but I have the wall if you want it, it has trees and autumn-looking mushroom tings in it. owo Also have a grass (spring) floor with all these flowers on it. looks kinda realistic if your going for a backyard look if you want that as well. (im using that combination for my main room atm. C: )

I'm not talking about the mush set, i'm getting that in november.

This link should help you see what i'm talking about.

http://moridb.com/items/search?category=&q=autumn&obtained=&interior=&fashion=

I just need the floor and the wallpaper to make my wheat fields match the backyard room.

In this thread, you can post anything about the Animal Crossing Series, anything from the series. Opinions, problems, etc. anything can be discused here^^. Also you can exchange friend codes if you have New Leaf

In this thread, you can post anything about the Animal Crossing Series, anything from the series. Opinions, problems, etc. anything can be discused here^^. Also you can exchange friend codes if you have New Leaf

Hi there - as it so happens, we already have a thread dedicated to discussing Animal Crossing. I've merged your thread with this one so that there aren't two of the same thread.

In the future, please remember to use the search function to check whether your thread idea already exists :)

---

@ topic - Which Jock villager do you think is the best? Sterling's just moved out of my town (to my dismay) and now my town is jock-less. Waiting for one of them to float by my campsite, but who do you reckon is the friendliest/best jock?

Edited by Flipturn

Gamecube version is my favorite. Been playing it lately. :) My town is called Night and I have another one named Day xD

It said I hadn't been on in 25 months so I had to pull all the weeds :/

favorite villagers:

post-650-0-94517000-1379109013.png

post-650-0-94118200-1379109033_thumb.png

post-650-0-32820300-1379109077_thumb.png

post-650-0-49732600-1379109114_thumb.png

post-650-0-07538100-1379109139.png

post-650-0-68513600-1379109157_thumb.png