Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing

Pinkie D Pie

Back on the gamecube, I honestly played a lot more than I though I would.

Same goes for the DS version.

In all honesty it's pretty fun for a game about nothing.

(As in you can't actually beat it)

It was my first GameCube game.... I wanna play it now haha. I payed off all my debt and got a statue. I felt sooo accomplished. Lmao.

The only way to holla holla get bells: BLEED EVERY BODY OF WATER DRY. CATCH ALL THE FISH! I remember on both the original and Wild World (I don't have City Folk), I'd fish until my inventory was full, sell everything to Nook, rinse, repeat. That feel when you see a shadow in the water that's larger than your character, man...my heart skipped a beat every time. I also remember being scared absolutely shitless of bees and scorpions. There was so much cool stuff in these games: UFOs that you can shoot down, trees that can grow MONEY, completely customizable houses, characters that you could never know exist because they are only in town at super-specific times, holiday contests...I could go on for quite a while about these games. There were even mosquitos that would bite you if you spent too much time in one place at night during spring or something like that. Thank you so much for making this thread and evoking all these memories and feels.

I remember being really frustrated with that giraffe that made you wash her car! I think her name was Gracie, but I can't remember. I could never get that "mini-game" right!

Never got to play it, sadly.

I blame my dad for trading in most of our gamecube games before I was old enough to enjoy most of them. (Like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, et cetera)

• 2 months later...

Does any pony play? I have recently go into this game. I have been playing Animal Crossing City Folk on the Wii. I love all the Animal crossing games.

Do you play it? Answer any of these questions.

Q-Why do you like it?

My answer- I like it because I feel like I am actually living on my own and it's entertaining.

Q- What do you mostly do on it?

My answer-I usually fish, catch bugs, talk to my animal buddies, and sell and get new stuff for my house.

Q-What do you mostly like to do on it?

My answer-Obviously I just said up above, fish, catch bugs, etc.

Q-What animal do you hate?

My answer- I would have to say, well i dont hate him a lot, but..this pig named Boris, he was always an ass

Posted Image

Q-What animal do you love the most?

My answer- I would say this bunny named Francine

Posted Image

Q-What do you hate about the game?

My answer-When you cannot get what you are looking for..-_-

• Brohoof 5

best game is best game :U

Q-Why do you like it?

because it is best game. also because it is amazing. and because I played it every day for five years when I was little, so it's probably the thing I have the fondest memories of, even if my parents did get mad at me for it.

fish. I love fishing in the game. quick and easy way to get rich, especially during summer mornings

add to the museum. I love listening to all the things Blathers has to say :3

Twiggy, why won't you move? D:< why do you always move into any new towns I make? LEAVE ME ALONE, TWIGGY >:U MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO GET A FACEICURE OR SOMETHING TO FIX YOUR UGLY FACE

Posted Image

I have a special place in my heart for Coco. she's been in every single town I've ever made as one of the original townies, and she's never moved out. she looks kind of creepy, but I can't help but love her for it. I like to think that the other townies make fun of her for her weird face, and that I'm her only friend. favourite non-townie is Blathers though.

Posted Image

seabass D:<

Edited by Angie Cakes
  • Brohoof 2

best game is best game :U

Q-Why do you like it?

because it is best game. also because it is amazing. and because I played it every day for five years when I was little, so it's probably the thing I have the fondest memories of, even if my parents did get mad at me for it.

fish. I love fishing in the game. quick and easy way to get rich, especially during summer mornings

add to the museum. I love listening to all the things Blathers has to say :3

Twiggy, why won't you move? D:< why do you always move into any new towns I make? LEAVE ME ALONE, TWIGGY >:U MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO GET A FACEICURE OR SOMETHING TO FIX YOUR UGLY FACE

Posted Image

I have a special place in my heart for Coco. she's been in every single town I've ever made as one of the original townies, and she's never moved out. she looks kind of creepy, but I can't help but love her for it. I like to think that the other townies make fun of her for her weird face, and that I'm her only friend. favourite non-townie is Blathers though.

Posted Image

seabass D:<

i LOVE Coco as well, I have her in my town :P and YES! Every damn time I fish, in the ocean I get sea bass, and in the river, i get regular bass >:(

Oh I remeber when I made the thread about this, and how it died...

Yes I do play, but not alot now as I don't own it. The first time I played was way back on the Gamecube. Oh the fun I would have for hours with me and my family, all in different houses as that was before they moved to only one house. What I would do is fish, pretty much all the time, and then try to get a ridiculess amount of money.

This makes me think about how much fun I had on this game.

Now onto your questions.

Q-Why do you like it?

I like the feel of earning money and having the experiences to make it, even if it is insanely easy.

Fish, and shop of course.

Fish, it was my favourite pass time on it

Ressetia, the fucking mole. I want to murder him!

To many to remember, but I did love um, oh I cant remember.

Nothing, it is so much fun that it is impossible to hate it.

Ok i got the DS game when it came out in 2005. i didn't think id like it at first but i FELL in LOVE with it! i have it for the Game cube, Wii and of course DS.

Q-Why do you like it?

My answer- I like it because I have a literal dream life on there XD

My answer-I usually shop and talk to my neighbors- a lot

My answer-Obviously I like decorating my house and playing my instruments

My answer- I really don't hate anyone on the game XD i love them ALL

My answer- I would say this dog named Butch

Posted Image

My answer- when i am trying to catch something and i can't find it or its running away from me :,(

Edited by RainbowDash0319

I have all the animal crossing games, but I stopped playing them. As for the original Animal Crossing for Gamecube, My old town's name was Bemania, but I ended up naming the Town, Windurst and same goes for Wild World, and City Folk. I used to maintain the town to be on the perfect state.

Q- Why do you like it?

My Answer- Well I like the game when it comes to trading items and selling turnips.

My Answer- All Games: Maintaining the Town to the Perfect State to obtain the golden items, Making Money by Selling Turnips for a High Price, get the highest HRA score, and Catching all the Bugs and Fishes. Original (GCN / N64): Playing the Original NES games. Wild World and City Folk (DS and Wii): To Visit a Friend's Town, but when it comes to selling turnips for a high price, I just go visit and make the runs.

Q- What do you mostly like to do on it?

My Answer- City Folk: Attempting to get a Golden Axe, Maintaining the Town, not making the villagers leave town, and of course visiting other people's towns.

Q- What animal do you hate?

My Answer- Well It is most likely the animals with Cranky Personalty

Q- What animal do you love the most?

My Answer- Out of my Top3 Favorites Rosie. Melba, and Aurora

Q- What do you hate about the game?

My Answer- Well It is Most likely to be Specific Fishes and Bugs on a Specific Times, but What I Hate the Most is Catching the Bees and Sea Bass.

I used to love Animal Crossing like so much. 10 years ago... I was practically obsessed with it back then. lol.

Q-Why do you like it?

Because it's relaxing? I don't know. It's just nice to play a game where you don't have to be worried about anything. A game that relies more on creativity and less on reflex skills.

My answer-I usually fish, catch bugs, talk to my animal buddies, and sell and get new stuff for my house.

^Same.

The above?

I never really hated any of them.

Hard for me to say. I may have to go with Bob. Which everybody knows who he is. lol

How the developers can never make a good Animal Crossing sequel. They always add some great things (aside from CF, which it really didn't even do that), but then they take away vital parts for no reason whatsoever.

Q-Why do you like it?

Almost the same reason i like Harvest Moon & Rune Factory ya get to play a role you may not have ever thought you would do ex: be a farmer. But those odd changes make for a fun time.

Fish,Design new patterns,Talk with the locals& enjoy those days they have a holiday within it.

Posted Image

Oh sweet Celestia how i hate this little bugger... His name's Resetti he only appears when you turn off your system without saving hardly anyone does that but anyway he is pretty informative reminding you to save next time you stop the game but he loves to rant! Overall Resetti can be funny but still a pain

Posted Image

Even though there's not much about him listening to a dog play a guitar while sipping on some joe is all right

Same Reason

• Brohoof 1

I think that in addition to this Topic, We Should Share Friend Codes from Wild World and City Folk in terms of Selling Turnips at a High Price and that of course become Richer. In City Folk, the Turnip Price will change at 12AM and 12PM on any time zone. Time Traveling back is possible, but Time travelling can cause your turnips to spoil prematurely. If you start your game at an earlier time than your last game save, your turnips will spoil. For example, if you save your game at 1PM and then realize you forgot to check the AM price, change the time to 11AM & visit Nook, you will find that your turnips spoiled.

In Addition to Turnip Sales, here's the guide that I Will Share with. Predictions are possible

1. Rollercoaster - The prices go up and down without any predictability of direction or amount. Prices can range anywhere from 30 bells to 151 bells. If your Monday AM price is higher than your Sunday price from Joan or it is higher than 100 bells, you are going to experience a rollercoaster week.

2. Steady Decline - The price falls 1 - 5 bells each time & never increases all week.

3. Spike - The price falls 1 - 5 bells each time until Wednesday or Thursday (can be as early as Tuesday or as late as Friday) when it starts to rise. Normally there will be 3 rises in the price before the highest price (the spike) occurs. Spikes can be one of three types:

3a. Low Spike - the price after the first rise either doesn't go up much or it goes down. The price usually doesn't go over 200, but it is possible for it to get to just under 300. Sell on the 3rd price after the first rise. If the price rise starts on Thursday AM, sell on Friday PM. It is possible for the spike to happen on the 3rd rise as well. It is possible if the first rise is on Thursday AM then your spike can be on Friday AM. Bottom Line: If your price is over 180 during a low spike week, that'll be the spike.

3b. Medium Spike - the price rises 3 times in a row. The high price will be somewhere between 300 & 500. Sell on the 2nd price after the rise starts. If the rise starts on Thursday AM, sell on Friday AM.

3c. High spike - the price rises 3 times in a row. The high price will be at least 500. Sell on the 2nd price after the rise starts. If the rise starts on Thursday AM, sell on Friday AM.

To add My Last Post on the Question on Which Animal I hate the Most, not only the animals or villages with that personality, but The All-Time Animal I Hate is Goddess Serena from City Folk and 2 Reasons are Greedy and Stingy over Golden Axe.

• 1 month later...

hello fellow animal crossing fans! i have a bunch of really fun animal crossing videos to watch! you dont have to watch all of them, but at least watch one, OK?

videos below

if thet dont work or if they are all the same, im sorry about that

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wCFuhNfaz4I

Edited by little wartortle

ive got some more videos for everyone to watch here! i hope everyone likes them! yeah, i havent really answered the questions yet, but i will soon!

do you play?

yeah i usally play the DS version of it

why do you like it?

its awesome! you can do really fun things in it! :)

what do you do most of the time?

i usually like to go shopping for clothes and cool furniture

which animal do you hate?

resetti. i just hate him so much. i saw a youtube video where he actually broke someones TV! (i meant resetti)

which animal do you like the most?

either punchy or rosie. theyre both cats, and cats are my favorite animals! theyre cute and nice, too

what do you hate about it?

the loans cost so much money, they take forever to pay off!

I got it for the GameCube, but I really don't play it anymore because I got bored of it.

There's really nothing else to do after you get the stuff to fish, catch bugs, collect fossils and stuff.

Got bored. Maybe I'll play it again, someday.

This was one of my first games for the Gamecube and I used to play it a lot when I was a wee lad. I always used to just enjoy fishing and digging up fossils. Yeah, I must have had either a lot of free time or I was bored out of my mind lol.

I think my greatest achievement was not getting massive profits from Tom Nook but transforming my house into my own Arcade paradise. Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Pinball, Wrecking Crew, I used to have a lot of arcade machines in my house. :P

It's been a good long while since I played it, but I'll answer to the best of my memory. I've mostly played Wild World, by the way.

Q-Why do you like it?

My answer- It's probably the part of me that likes decorating my house in the Elder Scrolls games, the part of me likes doing pointless tasks, that don't actually "Progress" the game.

My answer- I would occasionally clean the town of weeds. I fished quite a bit, if I remember correctly. I believe I actually caught a shark once. Also, I quite liked decorating my house.

My answer- I don't remember hating a particular animal. Except Resetti (sp?), of course.

My answer- Again, I don't remember having one.

My answer- Resetti.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I admit: I play Animal Crossing.

Q-Why do you like it?

I honestly don't know. Maybe it's because it's a game where you can just derp around and do whatever you want, like Minecraft.

Catch bugs, dig up fossils, mostly fish, and SELL IT ALL.

Decorate my house. It's kinda fun.

This penguin named Gwen. She's annoying and such a gossip! DX

I probably have to go with Stiches. He's adorable! X3

I don't like how you can't choose the kind of hat you wear, you can't be anything other than a human, and that it's taking SO FREAKING LONG FOR THE 3DS VSION TO COME OUT! Oh well. I'd rather have a late, awesome game than an on-time, glitchy one.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember playing that game! I had the one that was out for the DS, Wild World I think. I'll answer to the best of my memory.

Yes, I did like playing it. It was probably my most played game on the DS.

Most of what I did must have been talking to the other animals. The developers must have done that part really well, as I'm not gonna lie, I find these casual talks so much more interesting than the dialogue in many other games. of course, they respond to events such as you being stung by a bees, or a funny letter you sent them and stuff. Loved that part of the game, obviously it's what I did the most.

No one really to hate in that game, but my least favourite would be Tom Nook. Greedy bastard.

My favourite animal? I'm not completely sure, but there was a frog/toad guy. He was really chill. We were best bros.

As for what I hate? Weeds popping up all over the town. Your animal friends start to move out if there's too many, so you have to get rid of them. Too bad there's nothing fun about picking weeds.