Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing

Pinkie D Pie

@, Would you be interested in exchanging friend codes? I just rebuilt my town, and I'm back to nothing again.  :lol: I just have to work for Tom Nook again. (That slave driver!)

Oh sorry, I don't play anymore, that must have been a couple years ago when I still had the game. In fact, I don't even have a DS either, so yeah.

I would if I still had one though. And Tom Nook, whadda guy.

• Brohoof 1

I can't wait for New Leaf either! Especially with town ordinance, I'll have a Town That Never Sleeps! It makes shops stay open later. I think they close around 2AM. But for now, does anyone here play City Folk?

I just got my friend code, and I'd enjoy playing with others.  :D  (2967-7440-0040)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Jump Out in japan) has already sold 2 million copies, wow. I want this game so badly, I feel the same i did when Wild World came out for DS (i was in 6th grade then). Animal Crossing is a great relaxing game that really helps you deal with the stresses of life ;)

Q-Why do you like it?
My answer- It's addicting, it's cute, it's fun! I love love love animals!

Q- What do you mostly do on it?
My answer-I love fulfilling the museum as best I can, and talking to my favourite animal friends! :3

Q-What do you mostly like to do on it?
My answer-I like doing chores for the neighbors and catching bugs. :3

Q-What animal do you hate?
My answer- Well, I would say olivia. She is such a b-i-... you know what, every time I try ta talk to her. Even to ask if she need's help.
200px-Olivia.png

Q-What animal do you love the most?
My answer-Ummm, Vesta! She's a lamb, which is my fave animals. She's so cute and sweet, too! :3
200px-Vesta.png

Q-What do you hate about the game?
My answer-It can be very hard to get specific items, and sometimes just 1 item out of an ENTIRE set is impossible to find!

• 6 months later...
(edited)

Eh, I played the first one when it came out on the Game Cube. The Animal Crossing games are kind of like Facebook games, 'cept they ere like that before Facebook game's were a thing. They're fun for passin' the time, but I never found much else to 'em.

Edited by UmbraScriptor

I actually just recently got into Animal Crossing with New Leaf coming out. I like the game. The only thing I really don't like is having to wait for a lot of stuff, like a Facebook game. But, for what it is, I think it's a fun little game.

^-^ Good to know that some people actually know what Animal Crossing is besides the community and my brother! :D And I just time travel so I don't have to wait. :P

Heck yeah! I played the shit out of Animal Crossing as a kid! Excuse my language, but I really, really did love that game.

A lot. I was a kid, and I scared my parents one day because I screamed after being chased by bees. ;3;

I've played it since it existed. And, one time, when I first encountered Resetti, I couldn't read well, so, I just called my mom and said, "Mommy! There's a shark in my yard! And he's yelling at me!" xD

• Brohoof 1

I've played it since it existed. And, one time, when I first encountered Resetti, I couldn't read well, so, I just called my mom and said, "Mommy! There's a shark in my yard! And he's yelling at me!" xD

Mr. Resetti was the freakiest thing ever. If there was anything that scared me as a child in this game, it was Resetti and bees. 

I love Animal Crossing. I notice people complaining about the time aspect and having to wait, to me, that is the best aspect. That makes the game last nearly forever and it is such a simple enjoyment. It isn't in your face action or a game that can be beat in a few days. It is a relaxing 'second life' and I think it does that so well.

I played the first one so much and Wild World as well. I think New Leaf might be the best in the series though. There are just so many great things about it. :)

As a side note, I hate it that people time travel in these games. To me, that eliminates half of the point, but do whatever you want I guess. I just don't see the point of paying $40 for a game just to cheat.

• Brohoof 1

Heck yes! I play Wild World on my DSi. I used to have City Folk for Wii, but I got rid of my Wii. Now I sometimes play Animal Crossing when I'm bored. I have a massive, and I really mean massive, flower garden beside my house. I also created some country flags and plan to create more :) It's funny to walk around town and see the villagers wearing shirts with the american flag or something on them. Animal Crossing is the only reason I still have my DS.

I've played all of them since the Gamecube game, I got New Leaf when that came out too :D if there are quite a few of us that play New Leaf, we could arrange a meet up in somepony's town. That'd be pretty fun I think :D

• Brohoof 1

I love animal crossing... I am having trouble with new leaf though... I played the game cube version and really liked it but I kinda get inpatient  with having to find out to do... I a, not very good at those type of games ._.

Hell yeah! One of the very few franchises where I've played every single game in the series. I killed so much time on the GameCube version on its release date; I played enough of it for it to solidify into a great constituent of my gaming childhood n.n Whenever I go back and listen to the music on Youtube, the nostalgia is easy to chew.

I got Wild World on the release date after that. Played it for two years straight, caught every bug and fish, collected every fossil, and almost amassed every painting. Because there was no mayor element in it like our current New Leaf, I didn't really focus on aesthetics; I just messed around. Fished a lot, did a lot of wireless connection town visiting with my sister (where we'd set up shovel hole mazes and funny stuff).

When New Leaf came out, I didn't have a 3DS, and copies were actually surprisingly scarce in the UK given the reputation it had. I managed to get one just before we left to go to the Alps and I've been working on a town since then. Because I've arrived late, though, I seem to be behind when compared to things like the main forums or the AC subreddit. Everyone has shops like Kicks and T&T Mart - I'm still awaiting Nookling Junction's upgrade :)

Even though I've played it for only a week, New Leaf is by far the best game in the series. The way you can customise your town so effectively and actually give a damn about your villagers (unlike when I navigated them into pitfalls on the GameCube for shits and giggles :3). I never thought to use patterns to create roads and extra plazas and the like, so now that I've got a decent town with a layout in mind, I just need to wait till my ninth villager has moved in and then I can work on that. I'm looking forward to it n.n

Another thing I love about New Leaf is how there's always something upcoming. At the beginning, you're awaiting things like your development permit and new tool, and that makes you come back the next day. Then you want to build new public works projects, so you return. It's impossible to get bored. Even if you've somehow unlocked everything, you want to wait for the next month and the new bugs and fish. :P

My only qualm is the inflation. Either you have to spend the majority of your nights farming beetles to sell at Re-Tail, or you're severely behind. I remember when someone sold a set of all the museum art pieces where they cost 230,000 Bells apiece. Redd sells 'em for 4,000! So many Bells going into the online community from the island and turnips. I love the island, but I wish that was more regulated.

Who are our favourite villagers? Mine used to be Hopper from the GameCube Animal Crossing (he didn't make an appearance in Wild World or City Folk unfortunately) but it might just be turning into Apple, one of my New Leaf starting villagers. Apple is so cute I can't stand it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the game so much. I never played the original, but my brother bought me City Folk one year and I played it every day. I also have the new game, and the limited edition 3DS. Waiting is also my favorite part of the game. I'm very against time travelling, because it ruined my town so badly in City Folk. I realized too late what harm I was doing. But I don't mind if others do it. It's their game. I also watched my friend play the original and Wild World. She's had every one of the games, but she lost City Folk. Merp. I'll stop babbling. It's my favorite game in the universe. :3

I really love animal crossing!! I wanted to get myself new leaf for months, but i just keep having problems with buying the game, since i can only buy it in the e-shop, and i lack credit cards and dont live in america to buy any prepaid cards.. My father however does have a visa and... Hopefully.. i'll finally get it xD

I really love animal crossing!! I wanted to get myself new leaf for months, but i just keep having problems with buying the game, since i can only buy it in the e-shop, and i lack credit cards and dont live in america to buy any prepaid cards.. My father however does have a visa and... Hopefully.. i'll finally get it xD

Oh, you live in France? Funnily enough, I just got back from France. I actually passed Animal Crossing: New Leaf on a shelf in Carrefour, have you checked your local?

@ Topic: So today I was all excited because one of my villagers, Kyle, approached me about a new public works project. Was all braced for the police station request, thinking "Yeah, finally!" ... and then he requested a cube sculpture. >:[

Edited by Flipturn Armando