Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Whats your favorite arcade game?

VioletLinked

(edited)

Hi there! It's Violet again!

I'm just wondering what everyone's favorite arcade game is!

For me, It's gotta be SMASH TV.

I can't tell you how many quarters I have pumped into that machine!

Finally Beat Smash TV to day on my MAME emulator!

My Amazing Final Score: 17,670,590!

Posted Image

Edited by VioletLinked

(edited)
I am not really into Arcade games and they are not common in my country but OutRun and F-ZeroAX are my favorites. Oh...and Afterburner with that awesome seat that it has :) Edited by Wildcard

Another favorite would be this gem right here...

Posted Image

I flipping love gauntlet! I have GII on my MAME emu right now and I play it with friends =3

Being a fan of the first two, I'd totally play this...

Posted Image

I LOVE SUPER MONKEY BALL!

I love that advanced stage that is the Sega logo!

How can you go wrong with Metal Slug? You can't.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwMLD3qygs

I love Metal Slug, damn! I need to play that agian!

Also, I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned Simpsons or BattleToads yet.

Pac-man is probably the best arcade game of all time, I like to blow a little steam playing Pac-man every once in a while.

I'm going to sound really out of it because everyone has such specific names but probably Dance Dance Revolution XD Or claw machines...every single time i've been to an arcade there is a claw machine. and well i get addicted.

• Brohoof 1

I was on a school trip in an amusement park. I'm scared of rollercoasters, so me and my friend just walked around the place when all the other students were on the rides. We had done nothing for hours, except eating and walking, but then we found an arcade game hall and ended spending up 130 € on Sega Rally. :P I love the game.

Galaga and Pac-Man. Namco may kinda suck at video games now, but their games from whenever those darn machinez were popular are still addictively entertaining!

Back when I was an age that didn't end with "teen," I kicked all kinds of ass at DDR. I could ace 9-steps without breaking a sweat, and had beaten Max 300, Maxx Unlimited, and The Legend of Maxx on Heavy. I also was able to use lingo like "acing 9-steps" and list stupid-sounding song titles without internally shouting at myself to shut the hell up.

Nowadays, I would probably be worn out from a single 8-step, but my arrow-reading skills are still pretty sharp, StepMania being my rhythm game of choice.

If I could say ski-ball I would say that would be my favorite as it's the one game that would eat up my game tokens or quarters in exchange for tickets. Which in turn were used to purchase, come to think of it, rather cheap toys but I was a kid back then and it was fun.

In terms of a videogame, I was quite partial to House of the Dead and Time Crisis though I couldn't get very far. Also I particularly enjoyed the Galaga-esque games where you would have to shoot your way through waves of enemies.

Metal Slug 3, the sprite animations are some of the best I've seen from an arcade game and it's gameplay is quirky and addictive.

And the first thing you encounter? GIANT ENEMY CRABS.