Your darkest fears

Johny Farenheit

Pokémon comparison: I'm basically Rule... whatever the number is... Misty... but only with larger bugs.

That's not saying I can't deal with them myself... first immediate reaction is just to get out of the way.

You can't beat me! I AM DABESTGAMER!!!

ZW6SQDm.jpg

A phobia is essentially the irrational fear of something. A lot of people don't have a phobia, but others do. Some are common and understandable, like Arachnophobia, but others like Neophobia, the fear of newness, or less common and don't seem to make sense to people without the phobia. I personally have minor Entomophobia, the fear of insects. 

What's your phobia?

Edited by Ampharos

I'm not sure if there's a word for this - The fear that whatever we observe is the base state of reality, and there is absolutely nothing more to it than that.  It's worse than a fear of death, because any fear of death is dependent on reality being something as compared to something else. 

Oh and a fear of choking I guess, or being killed slowly and painfully.  I really have no fear of death at all, but the rather gory act of dying seems rather unnecessary. 

I have 3 fears that can make me really afraid beyond all reason, I'll share my fears.

1. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders.
  2. Acrophobia: The fear of heights.
  3. Philophobia: The fear of showing emotions or love

Yeah, these three are what I fear the most in life.

• Brohoof 1

not really a specific phobia, but i just don't want to die without being remembered or having positively influenced at least one person's life.

LnRtg.png

This signature was created by coastercrutchfield. |--(0)--| techno915

Previously: TARDIS915

Astrophobia: Outer space is gigantic... what if I get lost?

Aquaphobia: Not so much (well, at all) water as it is choking/drowning. If I can't breathe and I know it's not because I'm holding my breath, give me some new pants.

Giantthinginthebackgroundlikelytoeventuallycomeafterme/doomishphobia: For example, in ghostbusters, when that uber huge pillsberry dough boy thingeh rampaged through the city, if I were to see it, headed my direction, I would be absolutely horrified.

UPDATE (1 minute after originally posted lol) the first one is partly a fear of experiencing infinity, meanwhile the original character count of this post was 314. Someone shoot me.

Edited by Leatherbehlt
  • Brohoof 2

I have a fear of the night and what it will cause....I also have Necrophobia and the fear of zombies...I guess if you count anything. I always have feared zombies....

img-1263185-5-rFtf8Pv.jpg

SCOOTALOO Best CMC

PINKIE PIE=Best Pony

LUNA=Best Princess

Here are some of my phobias:

• Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
  • Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
  • Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
  • Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
  • Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting.
  • Atychiphobia- Fear of failure.
  • Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces.
  • Dishabiliophobia- Fear of undressing in front of someone.
  • Enochlophobia- Fear of crowds.
  • Ephebiphobia- Fear of teenagers.
  • Gelotophobia- Fear of being laughed at.
  • Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old.
  • Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.
  • Helminthophobia- Fear of being infested with worms.
  • Herpetophobia- Fear of reptiles or creepy, crawly things.
  • Insectophobia - Fear of insects.
  • Isopterophobia- Fear of termites, insects that eat wood.
  • Katsaridaphobia- Fear of cockroaches.
  • Lilapsophobia- Fear of tornadoes and hurricanes.
  • Lockiophobia- Fear of childbirth.
  • Mottephobia- Fear of moths.
  • Myrmecophobia- Fear of ants.
  • Necrophobia- Fear of death or dead things.
  • Nosocomephobia- Fear of hospitals.
  • Obesophobia- Fear of gaining weight
  • Ophthalmophobia- Fear of being stared at.
  • Pediophobia- Fear of dolls.
  • Pedophobia- Fear of children.
  • Pupaphobia - Fear of puppets.
  • Scelerophibia- Fear of bad men, burglars.
  • Scoleciphobia- Fear of worms.

Welcome to my World.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 2

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

Algophobia- Fear of Pain

Acrophobia- Fear of heights

Thanatophobia- Fear of Death (Others dying or myself)

Aquaphobia- Fear of Water (Just drowning really)

Pseudodysphagia- Fear of Choking

Don't we all just hate fears :/

Oh yeah and that thing about giant rampaging things that Leatherbehlt said.So true... so true

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

Oh

@@repsol rave,

Not really that hard for me, personally. All of them are pretty severe which is why I make such a big deal out of seeing ants or insects or creatures like that. But, my most severe one would probably be:

Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

My greatest fear is going back in time. I know...

But, I mean, when you think about it a bit, every single step you take could greatly impact the future. It's like the Butterfly Effect... a single flap of a butterfly's wings could create a hurricane elsewhere. It's kind of hard to explain, really...

But, on that note, it is really interesting how a lot of the people you could see everyday in the coffee shop could be time travelers who came back to your time trying to correct the future somehow.

Other than that, I don't really have many noteworthy fears. Just the usual... things that can kill me, and stuff.

That fear will be gone once I feel like I've actually done something important in this world, though.

• Brohoof 1

The extent of my interest is in things that don't exist.

Or, at least, things that aren't in the basic man's senses

I don't know any "phobias" and I won't take the time to look things up.

I fear a lot of things...

I fear sharp objects.

I fear getting hurt from falling (not really acrophobia. I can stand heights, but I fear the accidents that can occur)

I fear being judged. (please don't judge me for knowing my phobias!)

I fear speaking confidentally, but messing up, so I usually don't talk at all.

I fear being inferior. 

I fear the the unknown.

I really want to know what phobia this is.

-I fear what may be in outerspace

-I fear what may be in the dark

-I fear what may be in the ocean

-I fear death

-I fear what may be outside the walls. What if a titan finds me?!

All of these things are unknown to us, and I fear them all because I don't know what waits outside of where I safely am today.

If you understood my little joke about titans, you've seen Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan).

To be honest, if I knew the titans exist out there, I'd fear them, but if I did not know what existed outside of the walls, I'd fear it even more.

Edited by Kobato
  • Brohoof 1

"Real life is just a crappy game."

My main phobias are Social Phobia and Glossophobia. I have been dealing with these two phobias for years. It began the first time I've ever attended school and has continued throughout my life. I have not overcome these two and quite frankly, never will.

sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.8I83u3P.png

IF is best girl.

I've been stung, I know the feeling, I'm confirmed to be not allergic, I hate the blighters, but I still can't help but flinch or swiftly walk away from bees and wasps. Thankfully, melissophobia is the only irrational fear I've got besides my ocassional sparks of sound paranoia in the night.

Personally... I blame thomas the tank engine with that stupid bee episode where a train (James) gets a big bright nose from a sting and gets covered in angry bees.

EDIT: THIS VIDEO. This is what I think was the cause of it all!

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I'm scared of talking in public, or just in general to people who are not my family. I go as far as hiding when people come to my house for a while until I feel comfortable.

I'm also scared of needles and completely dark black areas. 

Also when I was really really little I was deathly afraid of the letter X. I saw an episode of Sesame Street where there was a green X. It had big alien eyes and it played the X-files theme song, which I was very familiar with. And in the end it got beamed up into a spaceship or something. Something about that episode freaked me out a whole lot.

I'm not even sure if it was a real episode because I have never seen any traces of it on the internet so maybe it was a dream...? I dunno. :wacko:

Edited by Bronyette
  • Brohoof 1

v7PAGdl.png

Click on the Banner for more info!

Phobia? I'm too awesome to have one! If you considered "phobia" as the meaning "scared of", I might reconsider that.

Well, I am scared losing in competition is one thing. I  scared of "death" is another thing.I am also scared failing my class test. Lastly, I am scared of My God.

Fotor.png

"They'll never see it coming..." -Quote from Singapore Rage Valley Society (SRVS)

• 1 month later...

1. It sounds stupid, but I am scared of stairs. XD This is because it seems every stair case has such tiny stairs (In comparison to my huge feet). I am scared I'll fall down them and break my neck or something.

2. I used to be scared of the dark back in february, but I got over that real quick-like. So if you are ever in a dark area or room with me, expect some chuckling. XD

3. I am scared of bugs. they are fascinating, but they are also little monsters that want to crawl on you for no reason. What do they want?!

Edited by Sweetie-Belle
  • Brohoof 1

7GjD5.jpg

Flying insects-when i was seven I was visiting up at Lake Eire and it was right in the middle of Canadian Soldier mating season (they are some type of flies) while walking down to the boat a huge swarm started flying around me and I started panicing and my dad had to pick me up and carry my on to the boat.

Hospitals- I don't like the smell, I get this weird feeling when I am in them probably because a lot of death and dying goes on in there

Growing up to be a complete failure- I'm pretty sure everybody at some point has felt this fear

Psh! I'm not afraid of anything! Heh, if only that were true.

• 1. I know a lot of people don't believe in paranormal states, and I wish I was one of them, but unfortunately, it's scares me so much that I can not watch any movie that has to do with ghosts. I'm the type of person who freaks herself out because she thinks she saw something in the corner of the room.
  • 2. Flying animals/insects. I have a phobia of things flying around me. I don't like butterflies, bees, flies, moths, anything that can fly! Heh, especially bees. I can't run fast, but if there's something flying in my face, I'll be outta there.
  • 3. Mascots. I have no idea what it is, but I just REALLY don't like them. I can't be near a mascot. The eyes are just so big. And I feel like they're going to run after me and kill me. Hah. Silly, I know.

Now I'm afraid one of my friends is going to see this and scare me.. Heh, does that count as a 4th?

Edited by Linzx
  • Brohoof 1