Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My reaction to Howard stern's attack on Bronies

~Lawful Jordo~

(edited)

they only seem to be interviewing cloppers. theres probably 10 bronys for every clopper they interviewed they just didnt air it.

howard didnt rustle my jimmies, it was his stupid co-host that made the mean comments.

either way its hilarious to listen to old people learn about the internet.

Edited by jarrod989

As I stated in the pony bulletin thread: Howard Stern is a slave to advertising companies and has lost so much relevance that he has been forced to host America's Got Talent. Therefore he is just as much of a loser as any of the people he uses that label on.

The problem isn't that Howard is a jackass. He gets paid to be a jackass. He is a mixture between the idiocy of Jersey Shore and the shock value of Marylin Manson. He gets paid to be that way and he ain't gonna stop.

The real problem is that there are people out there that are stupid enough to actually listen to him and believe what he says. Heck, Fox even did a neutral article on us, but as if to make up for it, Stern had to go and make these stupid claims.

The only thing we can do to combat this is to either ignore it, or to respond in typical brony fashion (love and tolerance IS real and people CAN do it no matter what people may say) and try to get as much GOOD publicity as we can. Don't take it to heart and try to make other people realize that they shouldn't. I mean, you wouldn't go to a stand up comedian for information on something, would you?

Alright, for those of you who haven't seen it yet, here's Howard Stern's 'Deep' look into the social phenomenon we all know as Bronies.

WARNING: As a Brony, watching this video will cause jimmies to rustle:

[media]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBuvElZZig&feature=player_detailpage[/media

]

Alright, so I needed t a moment to collect my thoughts after watching this video. Not because I think that Howard made any sort of intelligent point that I needed to look in to, but to contemplate the sheer stupidity of this.

First off, Howard starts off on the wrong foot right out of the gate by getting the general definition of 'Brony' wrong. His EXACT words were:

"It's guys who are really in to My Little Pony in the sense that they are turned on by the Ponies."

Nice one Howard, you wan't us to take your views about Bronies seriously when you can't even accurately define the word Brony.

The next thing I noticed right away is that the main thing the interviewers try to stay on the topic of clopping. They aren't trying to learn about bronies or why they like the show, they are just trying to make Bronies look like sexual deviants.

Howard stern pretty much makes no attempt at informing the public about our fandom, but instead does nothing but ridicule us.

In the end, he's just an idiot.

I find it sad that a grown man has nothing better to do than reasure himself much like a high school bully would. Near the end of the video, they aren't even looking at the negative aspects of Bronies anymore, they are just flat out trying to humilliate the people who they are interviewing.

Tell me, what was there to gain out of asking him if he would rather have sex with a super model or go to brony con? Nothing, They were just being assholes.

What was the point in asking how motivated that guy was to get out of the house? Nothing, they were just being assholes.

What was the point in asking if it's easy to get laid as a Brony? Nothing, once again they were just being assholes.

In the end, Howard Stern is nothing but a bully and an idiot.

He is instantly afraid of something he doesn't understand, so he feels the need to make everyone hate it.

What haters like Howard Stern don't realize is that bashing us like this won't change anything. Bronies have had to deal with hate since the early days, and we'll probably have to deal with hat until either the fandom dies out, or by some miracle being a Brony becomes acceptable within the social norm.

So what do you guys think about this idiot?

I dont think so. My jimmies are invincible.

In fact, this actually caused me to laugh. I found his misunderstanding of bronies very funny and not infuriating at all. I dont try to remebr the bad things about people. :)

• Brohoof 1

Are you kidding me? Is that actually LEGIT? I doubt it is. I want more proof, and unless I get more proof I doubt I shall believe the demonic abomination which is like "LOL I GET MONEY FOR BEING AN ASSHOLE INSTED OF DOIN SOMTHIN PRODUKTIV".

Ah well, I'm fine... I'm fine... I think...

Hahaha lol, Tara must have had some words with him :P

Just ignore him. All he is doing is trying to earn money and trying to trash something that he hasn't even reviewed into depth. At the end of the day, it's down to personal opinion though, so really, it doesn't matter that much.

• Brohoof 1

So basically his definition of a Brony is the same as the definition of a clopper? :/

We need to form a giant Brony Army and march straight towards this dude's studio so we can reenact cupcakes love and tolerate him.

• Brohoof 1

Jimmies status: unrustled.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3j3Qh7sTE&feature=related

I plan to send him an MLP birthday card next year.

Hahaha lol, Tara must have had some words with him

post-6104-0-57788500-1342747426_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I'm not really surprised to hear something like this coming from Howard Stern; not that I'm a fan of the guy mind you, heck I don't even listen to him, so I don't really know what he does. Others said he's a shock jock who's sole purpose is to simply entertain, joke about, and get people riled up about certain topics, so for me I think the only thing to really get upset about is that the guy actually gets paid to do what he does!!! I mean seriously!!! You're telling me that a radio station actually pays the guy to do nothing but (inaccurately) lampoon and belittle whatever he fancies belittling?!?!?!? Man oh man, what a bucked up world we live in! :angry:

Posted Image

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Howard Stern's still alive? I thought he died or something. I mean, I haven't heard from this guy in years. The segment sounds more like a guy just trying to get attention to me.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

Am I the only one laughing my ass off the entire time?

"They all live with their parents"

OH YES, A 15 YEAR OLD SHOULDN'T LIVE WITH THEIR PARENTS, DAMN BRONIES.

I am in love with this. This is so lulzy. Trololol

• Brohoof 4

After seeing the public's reaction to all of this, I'm just going to ask one simple question...

WHY DO WE CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THIS GUY?!?!?!

I've never even heard of this guy until this drama came up. I found out that what he's doing there, yeah, THAT'S WHAT HE DOES ALL THE TIME. He does this shit on PURPOSE. He is a TROLL for god's sake.

I mean, he's basically doing the same thing Faux News did. They did some potshots at us for the lulz. I didn't listen to the whole thing, but I don't even have to, it's so predictable considering the typical shenanigans that Howard does on a daily basis.

So no, my jimmies aren't rustled at him, but rather rustled at the people who take this guy SERIOUSLY. I mean c'mon guys, I thought we learned our lesson after Faux's take on us.

It also doesn't hurt to find out more about the person(s) who's insulting us in the first place. You may be surprised with what you find out.

I think this drama is kind of dead now though, and this post is possibly beating a possibly dead horse.

Maybe. I don't know.

I have a hard time taking anything seriously when the guy's target audience are folks who are completely sold when he tells them he's totally sitting in a booth full of naked women and not just semi-professional, fully dressed actresses giggling into microphones.

If it helps at all, CNN did a little segment on it that, while it could have elaborated a little more, I think it did a good job mentioning it and saying how the guys into this show come from all walks of life and it's not just the stereotypical basement dweller.

[media]

[/media]
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a hard time taking anything seriously when the guy's target audience are folks who are completely sold when he tells them he's totally sitting in a booth full of naked women and not just semi-professional, fully dressed actresses giggling into microphones.

If it helps at all, CNN did a little segment on it that, while it could have elaborated a little more, I think it did a good job mentioning it and saying how the guys into this show come from all walks of life and it's not just the stereotypical basement dweller.

[media]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cStcsWE-4wo[/media

]

This is why I love CNN. They actually report things how it is, they don't slander groups just to get ratings. They are very open minded, and it takes a lot from a network to publicly support a deviant group such as ours.

I tip my hat to you CNN, good show.

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

How DARE Howard Stern not prepare for discussing BronyCon by doing weeks of research. It's a phenomenon that reaches thousands--and thousands--of people all around the world...

...all of whom are white, overweight, unemployed/underemployed, socially inept...

...do I really have to go on?

Oh, and the reason you haven't heard Howard Stern in years is because Sirius Satellite Radio costs money, which many Bronies don't have. $12.95 per month cuts into the Doritos bill, you know.

Baba Booey to y'all.

How DARE Howard Stern not prepare for discussing BronyCon by doing weeks of research. It's a phenomenon that reaches thousands--and thousands--of people all around the world...

...all of whom are white, overweight, unemployed/underemployed, socially inept...

...do I really have to go on?

Oh, and the reason you haven't heard Howard Stern in years is because Sirius Satellite Radio costs money, which many Bronies don't have. $12.95 per month cuts into the Doritos bill, you know.

Baba Booey to y'all.

yuck doritos...I'll stick with low salt pretzal sticks, thank you very much

hey didn't Howard Stern have a movie...private parts or something...

I quit after about 2 minutes. It the same thing people say about bronies everywhere. I've only been a brony for a short time but I already know this is how it is. People say they're going to try to "understand" bronies when all they do is bash them.

lol yes.. we all love pony r34 and we all love clopping, we are all gay, and we are all pedos... wow what a loser. XD i hate people like this. but... whatever, if a brony sees him on the streets... he will disappear :ph34r:

wow, you guys are all so mature... i will admit, that when i saw that video, i was angry.

i know i was because i kept on wincing at every shocking part the brony agreed to do.

and i would love to say "he's just an asshole who finds extremists" or a "shock jock who cares"

but this irritated me, and it irritates me that he's talking about you guys that way...

This pisses me off. He makes us appear as fucking sad, sexual creeps. Like Eljordo said he ONLY focused negative side of the most minor portion of bronies. He doesn't even bother why people enjoy the show or what the universe is like. No offence to any cloppers out there but they are a small portion of the community and they didn't even bother interviewing people like us who are part of the bigger community of bronies. Howard Stern is just a fucking cocksucker who is out to make us look bad. (Excuse my language to anyone who may have been offended).

Edited by MJP2010
  • Brohoof 4