Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The ads on this site are creepy sometimes!

My little pwny

Ever since the DJ-pon3 banner went up, I've been getting ads suggesting I buy music mixing software! When I go on an applejack thread, I see an Applejack cereal ad! Even as I type this thread, there's software ads suggesting I get type improvement software!

What do you think of the adaptive ads?

At least it advertises things that are relevant to you (or at least tries to), as opposed to just random crap.

Freaky. As. Balls.

I can't remember exact occurrences, but I've seen it multiple times. These things have eyes, man. And they're watching our every move. Learning. Waiting to strike at the right moment...

Edited by Kirby
  • Brohoof 1

More often than not I get a U.S. Cellular ad. I'm not remotely certain how that's supposed to appeal to me, or what that has to do with the part of the site I'm accessing.

Honestly I've started tuning them out. They aren't particularly distracting, which is good.

Someone got a horse semen bank ad once. If you tell Feld0 he can prevent that particular ad from showing.

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 2

The more I lurk around the internet and all it's forums and get ads more suited to what I type, the more I cannot wait to get my hands on Ubisoft's Watchdogs (or otherwise known as the only good part of E3. METROID PRIME 4!!!)

I get a lot of Tribes Ascend advertisements for some reason - I'm really the last person they should be throwing ads at, considering that I already play the ever loving heck out of the game. :V

It's funny when some of the "context based ads" are simply wrong about you. For instance, when somebody on here PM'd me about Eve (as in Eve Online), the stupid ads started trying to sell me Summers Eve douche products.

ALso, a lot of my ads tend to be in Arabic :o due to my IP address.

A long time ago I took an Arabic language course (about 6 months, full time), so I can understand some of them, some of the time. They don't offer anything that I would realistically ever spend money on, though.

Most ads use info from your cookies and IP, so you can say they know you quite well.

I have ads blocked though, should I feel bad?

They do get annoying and dumb sometimes...

"Yeah, I had pizza... oh look, a pizza ad. Why would I want any more pizza when I just ate plenty?" :/

Also, if you are using proxies, they mess up your location... It's funny sometimes. :P

Edited by Metzger

For whatever reason, I get absolutely zero ads on this site. Don't ask me why, I don't have ads blocked or anything.

There's an option to enable it, it's kind of a courtesy thing they do and you can enable if you want to help earn revenue for the site. I do that so I don't feel bad about not donating anything.

There's an option to enable it, it's kind of a courtesy thing they do and you can enable if you want to help earn revenue for the site. I do that so I don't feel bad about not donating anything.

Oh my! I've completely glossed over that. I suppose it can't hurt to enable it.

Also, creepy ads are fun.

• 8 years later...
On 8/29/2020 at 10:22 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

Funny. I don't get any ads at all. :huh:

It was somewhat explained by some forum mod that we don't get ads anymore. But what it was, I don't remember.

I miss ads sometimes, nostalgia you know?