Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Derpy Episode? Fact or Myth

Jay

Ok I saw on a Save Derpy Yotube vid that some one commented that there will be a Derpy episode in seson 3.. Had anyone heard this or is it some rumor?

Well, I hope that'll happen, but considering the huge controversy generated by Derpy's ~2 minute appearance in the Last Roundup, she will probably only be back as a "Where's Waldo Derpy" kind of thing

Definitely myth. The butthurt was too strong, and Hasbro doesn't want to get sued. I heard from a member here on the forums that she would only be in the back ground, probably with non-derped eyes.

i was under the impression that the biggest thing was not the moms. but the fact that hasbro didn't own the rights to the name derpy hooves and hasbro can't use fan stuff in there show it's kinda of along the same lines as how writers and producers and stuff aren't allowed to read fanfics and stuff like that because it might lead ot some stupdi copy right issue or something like that. a little off topic but i see a lot of people mentioning offended moms

• 2 weeks later...

i was under the impression that the biggest thing was not the moms. but the fact that hasbro didn't own the rights to the name derpy hooves and hasbro can't use fan stuff in there show it's kinda of along the same lines as how writers and producers and stuff aren't allowed to read fanfics and stuff like that because it might lead ot some stupdi copy right issue or something like that. a little off topic but i see a lot of people mentioning offended moms

Well, they did end up using Doctor Hooves, after all. Also, they intentionally kept Derpy's eyes derped because us bronies saw that her eyes were derped. They even gave her a dopey voice. It may not be the moms, but it's probably not that.

Well, they did end up using Doctor Hooves, after all. Also, they intentionally kept Derpy's eyes derped because us bronies saw that her eyes were derped. They even gave her a dopey voice. It may not be the moms, but it's probably not that.

they may have intentionally kept her eyes derped and and a dopey voice and then the changed it. Also I'm pretty sure Doctors Hooves official name is Time Turner

Na'h I don't like her as a major role pony, I rather have her as a background pony, occasionally doing something like the accident on "Feeling Pinkie Keen" but nothing more than that.

However a Episode involving Derpy is about 5 to 100,000

You could just say 1 to 20,000... Sorry, I had to correct your math. But anyway, Hasbro won't do it. We can hope for it, but since like 0.5% of the population gets offended at a voice or a name, it won't happen.

As most people said here its less than likely Derpy will not get an episode or even get any more speaking lines at that. Hopefully Hasbro isn't thinking about pulling her character out of the show completely due to her massive fan-base.....At the very least she will continue for her random pop-ups during the show which is what she best known for. ;) Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~

I highly doubt it. but who knows. They did however have that whole issue on last roundup. So I don't know if the chances of derpy showing up again will be very likely.

It would be awesome but I don't know if the chances are very high. If its even possible after last roundup.

Meh, they might give Octavia and Vinyl Scratch an episode, but not Derpy anymore. I can't see how Oct. and Vinyl can offend any crazy moms.

Octavia turns out to be a parody of Hilary Clinton, and all the music Vinyl Scratch plays is Dubstep with references to R rated movies.

I think that despite everything that happened around the 'Last Roundup', there is still the possibility of the crew putting her in again for a scripted role.

The things that would have to be considered for any future appearance in order to avoid another mishap would be a name that isn't 'Derpy' and a suitable voice.

I'd rather hear the derpiness of the original voice, but with the femininity of the newer voice.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think that despite everything that happened around the 'Last Roundup', there is still the possibility of the crew putting her in again for a scripted role.

The things that would have to be considered for any future appearance in order to avoid another mishap would be a name that isn't 'Derpy' and a suitable voice.

I'd rather hear the derpiness of the original voice, but with the femininity of the newer voice.

Yeah, you could be right. I can get the idea of a mix between the two voices; I think it could work. If they did make another episode with derpy they should at least have her eyes derped, as long as they don't really put any emphasis on them, and like you said, they probably couldn't call her derpy anymore. Oh well, at least she got a part in one episode. Edited by grimthedevilish123
  • Brohoof 1

It's been confirmed... for no Derpy episode. Derpy will not talk or play any important role in season 3. Besides. You can't trust wikipedia.

Welp, there goes that. I didn't really think that they would, but it would be nice. Also, you're right; Wikipedia can't be trusted. If it was on Wikipedia then some troll probably put it on there to make us sad when we realized it was a lie. Like I said in my last post: At least she got a part of one episode. :(
  • Brohoof 1

regarding the whole derpy dinky thing whatever you believe in heres the facts as i see them rainbow dash called her derpy in the last round up that make her name derpy in cannon

She deserves to get her own episode. There are so many lessons that we can learn from her. Plus, everypony loves her.

|--(0)--|

techno915

Ummm, not everyone is in love with Derpy. Do you know who these people are? If you guessed moms, you get a cookie! Moms thought this was controversial for a kids show to be showing this. And since Hasbro didn't want to get sued for this, they replaced Derpy with Ditzy Doo. And that's when all the butthurt bronies came bashing on the situation.

Ummm, not everyone is in love with Derpy. Do you know who these people are? If you guessed moms, you get a cookie! Moms thought this was controversial for a kids show to be showing this. And since Hasbro didn't want to get sued for this, they replaced Derpy with Ditzy Doo. And that's when all the butthurt bronies came bashing on the situation.

I want a brownie, not a cookie. Because the true reason after doing research is that one of the staff members has a mentally retsrded child, so, the changes made to derpy were out of love from the staff member to her child.

IT'S A FACT! At least that's what the myths claim...

I don't think they will because of the whole Derpy incident that kinda pissed me off in many ways, but what ever...