Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Derpy Episode? Fact or Myth

Jay

Ok I saw on a Save Derpy Yotube vid that some one commented that there will be a Derpy episode in seson 3.. Had anyone heard this or is it some rumor?

I believe one of the writers promised more of the un-derped Derpy when responding to if the Derpy change from the Last Round Up was permanent. Unfortunately I have no link, as I'm not sure what it's from.

~~

Sorry to be 'that guy' but there is no way that Hasbro would be willing to risk a repeat of the 'Last Roundup' incident.

Derpy is a background character and that's where she stays.

• Brohoof 8

Sorry to be 'that guy' but there is no way that Hasbro would be willing to risk a repeat of the 'Last Roundup' incident.

Derpy is a background character and that's where she stays.

This. Hasbro could get in serious trouble if they dared release it again after one happened with that one episode.
  • Brohoof 3

Quite frankly I don't see background ponies like Derpy getting any dedicated episodes, especially after The Last Roundup's incident. The show is centered on the Main 6, the CMC, and some secondary characters. Derpy's still a great character, so we can only hope. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Quite frankly I don't see background ponies like Derpy getting any dedicated episodes, especially after The Last Roundup's incident. The show is centered on the Main 6, the CMC, and some secondary characters. Derpy's still a great character, so we can only hope. :lol:

Meh, they might give Octavia and Vinyl Scratch an episode, but not Derpy anymore. I can't see how Oct. and Vinyl can offend any crazy moms.
  • Brohoof 2

Possible, but most of the episodes would focus on the main characters. If they do make a Derpy episode, I would be quite surprised. And if you know me, I'm not the biggest fan of Derpy.

It's highly unlikely that Derpy will get an episode, as much as I do wish it would happen. Sadly, if her name had been kept as Ditzy, I doubt moms would have gotten offended, so our name for her might be the thing that keeps her from getting an episode :( Even if her name was changed to Ditzy for the episode, moms might still get angry that they used the character. The whole thing really sucks - just a few emails from people who took the word "derpy" to mean "retarded" as opposed to its more common meaning, "clumsy" is all it took to strip us of our chances for her to have an episode.

But, you never know. Maybe they'll make a secret episode, and release it only to bronies, with our beloved Derpy as the star. I can dream, can't I? XD

• Brohoof 2

Here first of all, Lemme give you a tip.

DON'T Listen to YouTube comments. When you wan't pony news or Rumors. Try Equestria Daily or the Forums.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a Derpy Episode..

However a Episode involving Derpy is about 5 to 100,000

I agree with BloodShade. Maybe they'll make a My Little Pony Seasons 1-3 With new Bonus Episodes! (If that happend. I would literally die.)

I personally would like a Scootaloo Episode. She's a Pony who's mother and father have never been introduced! Poor little filly T_T

Anyway,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Qd9VR1gD8

• Brohoof 3

Derpy is gone. I don't see her coming back unless it's a error with her new model. You see, Hasbro won't risk it. Hasbro does references to our community, and shoutouts and Derpy was chopped down as offensive removing her name and everything. Hasbro will be smart to not air any more Derpy, and they won't because she is a risky character. NO WAI they would give a major part again.

It's sad but certainly true. They like us, but not enough to risk the show.

------------------------------------------

Meh, they might give Octavia and Vinyl Scratch an episode, but not Derpy anymore. I can't see how Oct. and Vinyl can offend any crazy moms.

I heard from a few places that Octavia was getting an episode. I'll see if I can find it.

Edited by DerpyMooves

I personally haven't heard any rumours, but I doubt Hasbro would want to do that again, after what happened with 'The Last Roundup'. They will probably just leave it as having Derpy in the background.

Derpy is gone. I don't see her coming back unless it's a error with her new model. You see, Hasbro won't risk it. Hasbro does references to our community, and shoutouts and Derpy was chopped down as offensive removing her name and everything. Hasbro will be smart to not air any more Derpy, and they won't because she is a risky character. NO WAI they would give a major part again.

It's sad but certainly true. They like us, but not enough to risk the show.

------------------------------------------

I heard from a few places that Octavia was getting an episode. I'll see if I can find it.

I heard this too, octavia and Rarity will do something like in the last roundup when RD and Derpy did something

even though its not likely that would still be awesome. they could put her in promoting that people (ponies) with disabilities (or illnesses) arent that different? maybe?

I haven't heard anything about it yet (I'm trying to avoid any kind of spoilers~) but it's very possible... I mean, she's Derpy after all. :3

I don't know about an episode fully focused on Derpy, I'm not sure if it would come up with a good story. But even another single scene for us to hear Derpy's voice would already be enough for me.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, Derpy won't be getting an episode in season 3. I wouldn't listen to Youtube comments. Not only that they've already said that Derpy was going to remain in the background.

Am I the only one that wants background characters to remain a background character?Yeah sure Derpy has a fanbase that can compete with just about anypony in the show but no background character deserves an episode. Especially when there's only 13 of them coming out.

• Brohoof 4

I have not heard about this rumor, but I don't think there will be one. One I don't think Hasbro would take that chase, seeing what happened last time with Derpy. Also I just don't think an episode just about Derpy would work. Yes, she is well known well in the community, but not to anyone else. I just think making an episode about this charter alone would not be a good idea. Maybe if she had to work with one of the 6 then it would work, but alone would just be a bad episode.

Myth.

After drama about Derpy, even though it regarded her name and eyes, and even if the eyes were re-derped later on in later episodes, I don't think they're going to want a Derpy episode. I don't see a reason to, anyway.