Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S1E1: exactly what DID happen to Celestia?

shotoku

So, I was going on to start a fan-fiction and I'm not sure if this was covered or if I'm just missing it but...

What happens to Celestia during the first episode? Nightmare Moon is implied to have done... something, but there is never any clear answer and/or confirmation that NM even did anything to Celestia!

So just so I can clear things up in my story, could somebody answer this for me? Was Celestia captured, if so in what manner?

• Brohoof 1

I've heard that the TV show of Friendship is Magic is actually a child-friendly hermeutic of a much more Tolkien-esque fantasy epic, and that the actual events of My Little Pony are far more grand than we see. Insuch, the events of the first two episodes actually took place over several days rather than a single evening, and that most of the while, Princess Celestia and Nightmare Moon were engaged in mortal combat near-and-over Canterlot. Also, ponies died in the struggle, and Rainbow Dash was a lesbian.

It was a weird theory.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 9

I've heard that the TV show of Friendship is Magic is actually a child-friendly hermeutic of a much more Tolkien-esque fantasy epic, and that the actual events of My Little Pony are far more grand than we see. Insuch, the events of the first two episodes actually took place over several days rather than a single evening, and that most of the while, Princess Celestia and Nightmare Moon were engaged in mortal combat near-and-over Canterlot. Also, ponies died in the struggle, and Rainbow Dash was a lesbian.

It was a weird theory.

That claim right there could inspire alot of fan art, actually I have already seen some about that situation

I am fairly certain it was never stated. NMM may have indeed simply captured Celestia in a manner similar to Chrysalis. Or, maybe NMM was able to send Celestia into the sun? Who knows. Personally, I'm going to go with the idea that NMM simply had Celestia contained and out of commission.

• Brohoof 1

I actually never thought about this! Hm. Interesting. Well, I think Celestia was simply put in a dungeon of some sorts near the castle ruins where the mane 6 fight nightmare moon. When the Elements of Harmony were unleashed, the gate to the dungeon room was shattered, allowing her escape.

|--(0)--|

techno915

I would think she was watching Twilight from afar, probably like a test without knowing.

I read a Sherlock Holmes story once. Holmes acted like he was deathly sick, and Watson believed it. So Watson acted naturally. It is much harder to fake it if the partner knows what is going on

So Twilight was the Watson here.

Celestia never took action, and probably fled from Nightmare Moon so that she actually could observe her pupil's progress.

• Brohoof 1

My personal theory was Nightmare immediately confronted Celestia after she was freed (notice there was a small period of time between when the Mare in the Moon disappeared and when Nightmare Moon showed up in Ponyville).

After Nightmare gloated for a bit, she sent Celestia to the sun and went straight to the Summer Sun Celebration stage in her stead, for maximum effect.

I assume Celestia could've saved herself, but didn't, as she was making a gamble on Twilight and co. finding the Elements.

My personal theory was Nightmare immediately confronted Celestia after she was freed (notice there was a small period of time between when the Mare in the Moon disappeared and when Nightmare Moon showed up in Ponyville).

After Nightmare gloated for a bit, she sent Celestia to the sun and went straight to the Summer Sun Celebration stage in her stead, for maximum effect.

I assume Celestia could've saved herself, but didn't, as she was making a gamble on Twilight and co. finding the Elements.

Good thought, but I doubt Celestial could even survive on the sun. I mean, she has physical feelings on Equestria, so she isn't immune to heat as intense as that of the sun's. Maybe she was sent to the moon?

Good thought, but I doubt Celestial could even survive on the sun. I mean, she has physical feelings on Equestria, so she isn't immune to heat as intense as that of the sun's. Maybe she was sent to the moon?

Perhaps she was banished in the sun, in a similar way to how Luna was "banished permanently in the moon".

Perhaps she was banished in the sun, in a similar way to how Luna was "banished permanently in the moon".

Oh, hmm, these to the moon memes are making me think it is ON instead of IN >_<

This was implied in the relatively famous Past Sins novel. It even describes her mental state and the physical sensations of being banished to the sun.

Well yet again heres people overthinking it... Really you just get to imply that she was kidnapped, or maybe to lazy to actualy do anything (im going with the to lazy, like she has guards fly her everywere)

Guys, guys, you're going about this all wrong; ya'll think Celestia was kidnapped, or banished, or in mortal combat with Nightmare Moon. This is Celestia we're talking about. Now, when you really take that into consideration, when you take everything that Celestia's done into account, what do you really think she was up to?

Posted Image

And there you have it. B)

• Brohoof 5

Maybe Celestia set the 1000 year time limit on purpose and let NNM escape so the mane six would defeat her with the elements of harmony? I mean, she is Celestia. She could have planned it all along to get her sister back and have somepony else take charge of the elements of harmony.

she was testing them... i mean she is a magic pony she might have been able to see into the future because at the end of the episode she said she knew about luna/nightmare moon and sent her to ponyville for a reason so i say she can see the future

• 1 month later...

I think Celestia just told Twilight to make some friends so she dosen't have to do all the hard work

all that Celestia done while the mane 6 where in the forest was eating potato chips while watching TV,

I wonder if there's a picture of Celestia doing that, if not. Somepony should get to work on that.

She probably just left the other people like Twilight and the gang to do the rest of the work like she always does.

This was my impression as well.

Although I find it inconceivable that the first thing Nightmare Moon wants to do after escaping is mess around with some random ponies, rather than take revenge upon her sibling for a thousand years of lunar imprisonment. :mellow:

I honestly don't know. I've always figured that NMM sent Celestia to the sun,given how bright the flash was when she returned, but lets remember that Celly was only able to send NMM to the moon in the first place with the aide of the Elements, which at the time of NMM's return were lost.

So, perhaps NMM blind-sided Celestia since she appeared where Celestia was supposed to be, or maybe Celestia just kind of... sat off to one side in order to test the mettle of her student and her friends to ensure they are capable of wielding the Elements?

So many theories...

I think that Night Mare Moon may have taken Celestia into Tartarus. Think about it, there's all sorts of creatures in there, and if Serverus (sorry I don't know how to spell that name :blink::blush: ) is guarding the gate, all Night Mare Moon would have to do is shove her in there, and she would be trapped!

She was busy eating Jaffa Cakes on the surface of the Sun while Nightmare Moon began to get ready for her reign in Equestria. You know, like every monarch, dictator, or President in the real world does. Runs to a place where they're welcome.

• 1 year later...

I think Celestia just told Twilight to make some friends so she dosen't have to do all the hard work

all that Celestia done while the mane 6 where in the forest was eating potato chips while watching TV,

I wonder if there's a picture of Celestia doing that, if not. Somepony should get to work on that.

lolol there does need to be a pic of that! XD I'm not gonna draw it though. I'm too busy XD

• 1 year later...

Sorry this isn't int he actual S01E01 thread, I just thought this deserves a thread of its own.

Anyway, during the Summer Sun festival (or whatever it's called), Celestia should have been standing on the balcony in front of everyone to lower the moon and raise the sun when she mysteriously vanished.  Supposedly, Nightmare Moon kidnapped her, but that just doesn't seem right to me.

There should have been some kind of struggle, unless Celestia just willingly surrendered to Nightmare Moon without any fight.  Or, maybe, Nightmare Moon put some kind of freeze spell on Celestia and locked her in a closet, but then, how did she get out to raise the sun once Nightmare Moon was defeated?  Right when Nightmare Moon was defeated, Celestia just gracefully floated through the window of the castle in a ball of light, unharmed.

Unless, it was a conspiracy between Nightmare Moon and Celestia, to set Twilight on her path to becoming princess.  It just seems so weird to me that Nightmare Moon was so easy to defeat.  She didn't make any attempt in avoiding the beam from the Elements of Harmony like she did when fighting Celestia a thousand years ago.  Also, it's like she set up the whole Elements of Harmony thing, with her little obstacles.  She could have just shape-shifted herself into a giant wall of spikes and easily get rid of the mane six.

So, what's your theory?