gaming What was the first game you ever played?

Celestial Sloth

I'd be surprised if this doesn't already exist, sorry if it does! My check wasn't all that thorough.

What was your first ever game? Or the game that got you into gaming?

I didn't start as retro as I assume many of you do, it was the PS2's Simpsons Hit and Run, followed closely by Timesplitters 2. I think I was 6 years old. 10 years down the line and it's turned to Fallout, Max Payne and TF2.

But still Timesplitters 2. :lol:

Posted Image

I was pretty young when i played this ^-^ I had so much fun playing it, (though i probably wasnt very good at it lol) I'd play it all day! Even when i play it now it brings back memories :')

First game I've ever played was Tetris for the Nintendo Gameboy... Oh boy, how I miss that thing. ;-;

I remember I also had Kirby and Little Mermaid for it. Good ol' days ... <3

First game I have memory of playing is the first Call of Duty. That game was seriously amazing when playing online. I lament what the franchise has turned into.

/)( Moshi >:3

My first real game (non-flash) was Counter-Strike 1.6. I continue to play Counter-Strike: Source and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. All 3 are amazing games.

• Brohoof 1

First game I have memory of playing is the first Call of Duty. That game was seriously amazing when playing online. I lament what the franchise has turned into.

/)( Moshi >:3

I would agree that game was really fun.

my first game I believe was Mario mart 64 or super Mario smash bros. Both were good games anyway :)

Edited by Retro_Derpy

I really can't remember what my first game was to be honest but something inside me is saying it was either Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario Bros. for the SNES

I really can't remember details though because it's been so long ago

• Brohoof 1

Oh the N64, so many memories, first game I ever played was Mario Kart 64, the dozens of hours spent racing and battling with my cousins, how has the time passed? I miss those days

Duck Hunt.

Seriously, probably my favorite title from the NES. I also played Super Mario Bros. around the same time, I was really young.

Though I'm not sure if I want to count either of those because I was so young I didn't really know how to play either of them.

The first game I seriously played though was Super Mario World. And for a large part of my childhood (until the PS2 and GameCube era) that was one of the only games I played. Though I never understood the save file system back then so I had to redo everything in one go! Took me years to beat it.

Oddly enough the first game I beat was the sequel, Yoshi's Island. I got it one summer day and played that instead, beat it one go.

Best gaming moment of my life was the final boss... it was so unexpected, and it scared the living shit outta me!

It was most likely Super Mario World or Donkey Kong County 3 on SNES in the early 00's.

My first handheld game was Shrek: Hassle at the Castle which i got for christmas when i was 5 with my GBA.

This beast of a game.

Posted Image

It got to the point that the hardest part of the game wasn't any of the jumps or bad guys, but the game freezing on the level 5 boss. Stupid sprite limitations.

Don't remember exactly, but it was either Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES, Desert Commander for NES, or Halo Combat Evolved for the OG Xbox. All three are completely amazing and I have fond memories playing them.

I can't remember very well, but I think it was Crash bandicoot 3 or demo of Spyro the dragon. It is hard to tell, because we had a LOT of ps1 demos = lot of games (each demo disc contained about 10 games)

I remember playing on my dad's PS one but I don't remember playing anything. Although I do remember getting my very own console (Nintendo 64) for my birthday and started playing Mario Party, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64 (basically every Mario game xD) I had such fun times playing those games.

Hmm, that was a long time ago, if I remember correctly, it was Super Mario Bros 2, or just Super Mario Bros for the Super Nintendo, I've been a Nintendo fan pretty much all of my life!

Spyro the Dragon on the psx. I remember playing with my dad when I was like 5 (actually he was playing, I was running around in random directions). In fact, the original Spyro trilogy remain 3 of my favorite games all time.

• Brohoof 1

I believe the first video game i played was Super Mario 64 :-)

Was lots of fun even if i didn’t really understand what i was doing in the game(i was only 4 or 5 at the time) XD