Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Summers Over, School Ahead!

TenorBeat

Well today was my last day of freedom, and I got to say that alot happened this summer. I became a brony, got new neighbors, got new friends, talked to old friends and much more!

But now I need to think ahead, school is tommorow and there is much to be done. So why not start with a question, What are you guys excited or dreading about school? or if you don't go to school anymore (I envy you), what was your favorite or most hated thing about school?

I guess the thing i'm dreading is possibly the classmates (trust me, your lucky), But I do have a couple good friends so I guess it evens it out. I'm probaly just thinking way to negatively about it, But me and my best friend are already starting off on the wrong foot, now everyone and their parents think that my friend is a creeper because he went into a room to shut off a tv (ikr?). But to add to that, they've gotten the police involved and filed reports on him. Hopefully my friend got things sorted out, I feel so sorry for him.

^_^ So that's pretty much all that I can think of right now (alittle tired ). So in the end I would give my summer a sucess mark. Hope you guys have a great school year (unless you don't go to school) and do better than me.

I'm starting my first day of community college tomorrow. I'm not too nervous particularly because it won't be as stressful as an ordinary college would be. It's still close to home. Certainly I'm looking forward to not having to get up at the crack of dawn like I had to for previous grades. ><

Heh, when you are out of school there will be times when you are nostalgic for it -- you might not think so now but it will happen. Also you are never more energetic or productive than you are in those college years. You run around like crazy; work hard and play hard; and do all-nighters. Relish in these times -- they are fleeting.

I start school on Thursday. I'm kind of excited, I'm new to high school this year. I know a bunch of upperclassmen because of football and just hanging out with older kids because I don't like alot of my grade.

I AM looking forward to my school's battle of the bands. I'm singing for ma band :3

Switching universities & starting at a new College this year has def. been a big change for me. Got a new job over the summer & really enjoying it there as well. Father, after being laid off from his job back in 08 finally got a job down in North Carolina which I am so glad for him. But since he has gotten this new job my family is having to move after living in the same house for 15 years now... I plan on staying & finishing college here but it has been stressful for my family the past few days trying to make a decision.

Overall I have had a wonderful summer. Became a brony which has made my summer even better!

Well, my first day as a Jr. was last Monday, and I think that my first week went by pretty smoothly. I already have a buttload of homework every night, but I guess that's just the effect of taking mostly AP classes. I also met one or two new kids who turned out to be bronies...which was awesome! I also go to start during my first varsity fb game which was last Friday night, and we won 40-21 (which was more awesome!)

Hopefully my second week will be even better even though I have my first test tomorrow...

Edited by coastercrutchfield

I have to go back to school tomorrow. I don't want to, but it's usually not too bad: I wake up too darn early, go back to sleep, leave slightly late, arrive on time, fall asleep in all my lessons, achieve good marks somehow at the end of the year. It'll still be really boring though. Oh well, at least my birthday isn't that far away. Year 10 means the start of real work though. Bollocks.

My summer was the best, I did my favourite thing all day everyday: Sleep! :D I also had a lot of time to practice playing bass. So summer was really cool.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

Just started high school last week - it's been a tad more stressful than middle school, but not too much I guess.

My English teacher is so darn strict though! First day and she already had us reading "The Odyssey", answering 10 questions about the portion we read, and writing sentences for vocab - whilst I had zero work to be done in my other subjects. Dammit'! I have a feeling that high school will deplete me of my free time.

I've been here in school for over three weeks now, I'm a senior, and so far, I'm happy and made so many new friends. It's also nice to know there are at least a few bronies at school, let alone, people aware of the internet.
  • Brohoof 1

My school started last week - it is my senior year in high school, so I am seriously looking forward to having an easy year with barely any homework and basically just relax after three hard years of high school and honors/AP classes.

I'm most dreading college applications, for obvious reasons.

I'm dreading having to get up early every morning. That's about it. I can perform fine in school with even minimal effort. Grades aren't a concern because I know they'll be good. It's the sleep I'm going to miss out on that I dread.

I've been thinking about going to a community college for a bit now. I'm 19, been out of HS for nearly two years now. Getting tired of the lack of decent paying jobs available without a college degree. (Working at McDonald's ain't exactly my dream job) I did horribly in HS due to lack of effort among other personal reasons, consequently my grades aren't nearly good enough to attend a university. But that's OK, I don't think I'm cut out for that kind of schooling anyway. I still don't have a singly clue what I could do and really be OK with that makes a decent salary...I'd love to be a writer, but I'm no good at journalism. In any case, that rambling aside...

My favorite thing about school was really the lack of responsibility. Sure, you had work you had to do, but it wasn't nearly as important or stressful as having a job and paying bills. I miss that, so much.

My most hated thing? Peoples' attitudes and the way they treated others. I literally had zero friends when HS rolled around, and I got my first and only one my junior year. I'm very weird and introverted, and I was a complete outcast because of it. Thankfully, all of that usually changes quite a bit once these people hit the real world. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but the way they carry themselves and treat others almost takes a full 360 degree turn. I know it's not very humble or nice, but there's some sort of sweet satisfaction in seeing reality hit these people like a ton of bricks. :blush:

• Brohoof 1