Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crazy Celestia/Luna Theory

SonOfTheNorthe

Alright, so you know how Celestia's and Luna's manes are all like this in the beginning?

Posted Image

Well, here's what I think. I think that when Celestia used the Elements of Harmony on Nightmare Moon, the residual effect made their manes all flowey.

Surely harnessing the most powerful magic known to ponydom has to have some sort of side effect, right?

The reason it hasn't happened to the mane 6 is because it's spread out across six ponies.

• Brohoof 6

I like that theory. My theory is just that they are so powerful that they basically radiate magic and it shows through their manes. The reason Luna looked like she did at the end of the second episode was that the elements drained her of her magic for a short time. Not the best theory I'm sure, but it makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

The way I look at it is 20+ units of energy as a pegasus or alicorn. Certain unicorns like twilight could hold a touch more before the mane goes critical and starts flowing(23+ in her case). In my opinion rainbow dash is very close to having a mane flow like celestia's(I give her 18 points) All you would need to do is add a little extra magic and it would flash over. Just like if you weaken luna or celestia enough, their mane stops flowing.

Looking at that picture better, I now understand why filly Celestia is often depicted with a pink mane instead of the multi-colored one. It was an adorable mane to begin with! :wub:

Edited by Dίsмαjo
  • Brohoof 1