Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey Brony! I am Sancho, 23yo male. I am glad to see a few older bronies here. I am a pretty new member in these parts and it is nice to see some people (older than I) that still think ponys kick ass! What is your fave pony of the mane 6?

Ignore my Pinkie Pie avatar, it.  Is.  RARITY! 

Yeah, I'm glad that there's more than a few of us here.  You can never be too old for ponies!

Ignore my Pinkie Pie avatar, it. Is. RARITY!

Yeah, I'm glad that there's more than a few of us here. You can never be too old for ponies!

I could not agree more brony, well at least on the " you can never be too old for ponies". I love all the ponies but I think Rainbow Dash is my all time fave! Looking forward to seeing you aroun the forums ;)

Git off my lawn.

Yeah I am 44.  We do exist out there. 

Technically a lot of us who are older tend to be anonymous about our age because it influences how we fit in.  A 23 year old brony might feel odd considering someone his father's age in the fandom.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I'm 22 years old. I've over the age 21 limit. My step mother who is 3-something loves MLP, but she really isn't a Brony. She just likes it because I do. Although she tends to like/do something whenever I do.. 

Anywho, it doesn't matter how old you are as long as you are passionate about it.

Aye, I'm 24. So far it hasn't been too bad. The upcoming quarter-century mark looks a bit ominous.

Now I feel like a loser x[
But people say I look older than my age, (my face)
Is that a good thing? O.O

Maybe. I haven't aged since I was 16 with the exception of gaining the ability to grow facial hair. It feels weird to look at people who are around 15 or 16 and think of them as kids, but be able to blend with a crowd of them.

Im 27 but i still love cartoons and anime but i came

from that born 80's but raised 90's type of

generation in truth.  So i got

to live in a good time zone for usa cartoons

and the anime hitting the usa at a big time.

21 over here, and loving every minute of it!!!  And no, I don't think you're quite the oldest member of the forums hawkflame; saw a 45 year old on here recently, at least, they claimed to be 45 years old.

Git off my lawn.

Yeah I am 44.  We do exist out there. 

Technically a lot of us who are older tend to be anonymous about our age because it influences how we fit in.  A 23 year old brony might feel odd considering someone his father's age in the fandom.

I'm 41 and I state that openly in my profile.  I've been told I appear to be in my early 30s by several people though.  There may have been a member here or there who has treated me oddly because of my age.  But I have found that the common bond of being in the fandom greatly overshadows any age gap.  I have had some of the most thought enjoyable discussions with teenagers in Sugarcube Corner and Show Discussion.  If you went by the quality of the writing alone, there is no age discrepency.  At the same time, I know they're still kids.  Every now and then they'll say or do something that gives it away.  It's only natural.  :) 

• Brohoof 1

I'm 23 this year; I can't say that I have any pre-Faust experience with My Little Pony, our house was very big on the Testosterone side of entertainment. We didn't go for the faux-violent stuff like Power Rangers or Turtles though since my older brother was very much the type to mimic what he saw on TV... often using me as the training dummy. 

Oddly enough, we loved those cartoons where the violence had an obvious effect - stuff like Dragonball Z or YuYu Hakusho, where people can and do die. Maybe because we're big on facing the consequences of actions. I dunno.

Edited by Pokota

• 5 months later...

Just like the title reads. I'm almost 20, just wanted to know if there are other people my age or older who enjoy the show. What got you hooked to the show? Favorite pony? Do any of your friends know you enjoy the show? First episode watched?

I was hooked onto the animation style, color schemes, adventurous themes, and voice acting.

Favorite pony would have to be fluttershy followed by rarity.

None of my friends know I like the show and that's how I want to keep it.

First episode watched was EP16 of season 1.

• Brohoof 2

Lol there's soooooooooooo many people that are around your age, I just turned 21 myself.

I would probably say that the majority of people are either high school-age or college-age.

There's even a few people in their 30's and maybe even 40's o_O

But yeah, welcome :)

• Brohoof 1

lol, when I read you were looking for older bronies I thought like me (over 40). To me, you're still a younger brony, just not a young brony. I was vaguely aware of the show for a year without even considering that it was something I might want to watch (I hardly ever watch cartoons and Avatar The Last Airbender had been the last one I'd bothered with). It was only when I saw John de Lancie tweeting about the show that I thought "Huh, that's Q, he's fantastic" and downloaded from Youtube the first couple of episodes. I was amazed at the quality, the quirkiness, the characterisation and just the fun feelgood factor, and was hooked. It was also a very bad time mentally, and it probably saved my life.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah-like Lupus said, you're going to pull all the old fogies out of the woodwork with a post title like that-I'm 43 myself and there are a few more of us creaking around here as well.

You're right at the typical age for this fandom-there are a ton of people here right in your demographic-just post around the forums and games-you'll find them.

• Brohoof 3

I am 27 and I discovered ponies when a friend of mine (age24) first told me about the show. I was quite skeptical but what finally convinced me to try to the show was that I just had to find out if Discord was really as awesome as he said he was so I watched the Return of Harmony two parter and sure enough I became an instant fan of Discord. I then watched a few more episodes (this time in order) and it didn't take long for me to get hooked and to get a favorite pony. There was something I liked about Applejack from the very minute I saw her and my list of reasons why she is my favorite pony kept on growing as I continued watching. Eventually though Luna and Twilight Sparkle became tied with Applejack for my favorite pony but AJ has a special place in my heart for being the first pony I started liking.

• Brohoof 1

I feel a lot better knowing there are more people like me out there. I honestly still find it odd how a guy like me ended up liking this show very much. I usually have stressful days at work, lots of pressure and deadlines to meet. When I get home I just want to relax. When I watch the show, i feel at peace and my troubles go away, its weird haha.

The show has some good humor which is another reason why I got hooked.

I feel a lot better knowing there are more people like me out there. I honestly still find it odd how a guy like me ended up liking this show very much. I usually have stressful days at work, lots of pressure and deadlines to meet.

Eeeeeeeyup that sounds all too familiar to me except my deadlines to meet are load and order schedules (I am a dairy clerk at a grocery store) and racing against the clock to finish my work and set myself up well for the next day which can sometimes be easier said than done with some loads arriving late which happened to me 2 days in a row this week. Who knows maybe one reason people like us get into this show is because we have a subconscious desire to have something a bit more simple and positive.

• Brohoof 1

Are older bronies more inclined to like Applejack? She was my favourite pony, and though I see great moments with all the others, she remains the one I enjoy watching the most. I love purple so Seafoam, or whatever her name, captured my beauty-roaming eye, hence my little pic. But in this thread so far I count 3 Applejack fans, something that seems statistically unusual from all those "AJ never gets the love" posts.

Are older bronies more inclined to like Applejack?

It is possible, Applejack is the most mature and level headed of them which does give her the unfair reputation of being considered the "boring one" which may make a lot of younger fans not consider her as relatable as the others but her struggles with pride and trying to balance her responsibilities with her social life can be relatable to a lot of adults. Another thing I have noticed is that Applejack also seems to be more popular among female fans which I could understand being the case for Rarity but that being the case for Applejack does make me wonder. And there are also alot of Applejack fans which say that they don't have much in common with her but like her because they admire her and see her as a good role model. For me it is a bit of both, Applejack is the pony I probably have the most in common with (with Twilight Sparkle in a very very close second) and I do admire her and see her as a positive role model for both the young children and the teenage and adult fans watching.

Applejack is my 3rd favorite of the mane 6. Manely (yes pun intended lol) because of her character. She's a hard worker, honest, and not afraid to get dirty haha. Plus I've always loved a woman with a southern accent.

Continuing with what you all were saying about applejack, older bronies must like her because they can relate to her like the hard work ethic. I know a majority of us bronies are adults with full time jobs/careers and if you think about it so does applejack. She runs a farm with her family, shes a salesperson (which I also do as part of my job) and even harvested 3/4 of sweet apple acres before going crazy.

The younger crowed can't really compare themselves much to applejack.

(edited)

I do believe I have seen a few around. I am one of the younger generation myself, however. I'm only 15, (turning 16 next month). 

Applejack seems to be the best representation of the older bronies. She is obviously the most mature and the only one other than RD with a real job.

In my opinion, she's one of the worst of the man six, but I still love her :P.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

I'm 41 and there are some regular members older than I am.  Coincidentally, an inactive member turned 56 in today's birthdays.  Also, Applejack is my third favorite pony.  In addition to acting more mature and level-headed, she is one of the older Mane 6 ponies which is alluded to when she tells Apple Bloom that she got her cutie mark relatively late. 

Just because you grow up doesn't mean you have to outgrow cartoons.  :)

• Brohoof 1