Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP rightfully has a ton of young fans, but are there any bronies out there like myself who are of the older persuasion? I turned 31 in August and vividly remember watching G1 when I was a little boy in kindergarten. Just curious.

I'm 24. I don't think we're "old" fans, we're just old compared to the amount of young people on this site. For some reason these forums seem to attract the younger end of the brony spectrum.

As for the old cartoons, I never watched them. In fact, I didn't even know there was a My Little Pony cartoon until FiM.

Off the top of my head, there's Zoop (27), me (25), and cutiecindyhoney, who I believe is in her 30's. There was also a user by the name of TwilightSparkle who was in his 30's early on, but he hasn't been on in ages.

• Brohoof 1

Ummm I am 18 years young if that counts as old.............................................What's that? I have to be honest? DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually 29 1/2 years old with a Birthday coming up in December. This forum does tend to bring fourth a lot of younger Bronies. But there is no specific age that you have to stop being a Brony. I am probably gonna be a Brony my whole life. God I feel soooooo Old right now. Let me tell you this it's gonna be a sad day when I turn 30.

Edited by RainbowDashFan

I was also wondering this! I'm 23, so I'm happy to see people older than me on here! Haha

I too will probably love MLP my whole life. Actually, I mostly watch childrens stuff (like Shrek, Ice Age etc) because I find adult films too depressing and serious! <3

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently 30 years old. I'll turn 31 in January. I've always liked watching cartoons. There is just so much creativity jammed into so many of them. I also think I have a psychological predisposition for bright colours, which helps.

I was also wondering this! I'm 23, so I'm happy to see people older than me on here! Haha

I too will probably love MLP my whole life. Actually, I mostly watch childrens stuff (like Shrek, Ice Age etc) because I find adult films too depressing and serious! <3

What do you mean by Adult films? It seems like that could be like a huge category. Do you mean like most Adam Sandler movies, or like Rated R movies? I have a very broad taste. I am dead serious I love watching kid movies and movies/shows designated for children. But, right after that I'd be watching Scar Face or a Horror movie or something like that. So, for me I guess I don't really watch most Children movies. Children Movies are just one of the many Genre's of movies I like, if that makes any sense.

What do you mean by Adult films? It seems like that could be like a huge category. Do you mean like most Adam Sandler movies, or like Rated R movies? I have a very broad taste. I am dead serious I love watching kid movies and movies/shows designated for children. But, right after that I'd be watching Scar Face or a Horror movie or something like that. So, for me I guess I don't really watch most Children movies. Children Movies are just one of the many Genre's of movies I like, if that makes any sense.

Well, I mean like any 'serious' film. I like horror films, as long as they aren't gory. And I like adult comedies etc.

I don't like gory films, natural disaster films, or any serious films/dramas - there's enough of that crap in real life without spending my free time watching more of it! I prefer to watch happy films! :lol: <3

Wow i'm 18 and i thought that was old :P

I think early twenties is the age range which most bronies fall into, interestingly enough i remember making fun of ponies (not sure which generation) about 8-10 year's ago when some girl's had them in my primary school :P

I'm 22, at least I don't feel alone! (I still feel old though, lol)

I've only ever seen any other gen a handful of times. I mostly remember MLP because of the jingle in the commercials, and the fact that my sister used to play with them! Ironically, I knew about the earlier gens pretty quickly after their release, but didn't know about FiM till a bit later (after Season 1 ended).

I'm 21 with a birthday in November, then I'll be 22. But it's still amazes me that so many generation of people, who grew up liking different things from stretch armstrongs, to the ninja turtles, to the cartoon cartoons, we all happen to like MLP: FiM, call me corny if you must, but I think there is something "magical" in that.

I'm 21 and looking back at past events can make you feel old. Hell I remember when toonami first came on the air back in 97 and I remember how big pokemon was in the late 90's. Damn I feel old.

I feel so young looking at you all, though I fall into the average age category *laughs*

But I don't think you have go be any age to enjoy ponies. It's a good show and it doesn't matter how old ya are.

Ummm I am 18 years young if that counts as old.............................................What's that? I have to be honest? DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually 29 1/2 years old with a Birthday coming up in December. This forum does tend to bring fourth a lot of younger Bronies. But there is no specific age that you have to stop being a Brony. I am probably gonna be a Brony my whole life. God I feel soooooo Old right now. Let me tell you this it's gonna be a sad day when I turn 30.

How come? I actually thought it was cool when I turned 30. I still feel the same, look young, and am technically still a young man. I embrace my age fully. I've learned and become who I am today thanks to all those years that came before. Youth is awesome but I would never want to return to my teens or even early 20's, because I was so unsure of everything back then. I like being a confidant, pony lovin' adult. :)

I'm 26. That counts as an "old brony" right? :lol:

I'm happy to see some older members here. With so many young people here on the forums, I feel out of place sometimes. Even though age doesn't really matter. You can never be too old for ponies :)

I'm 21, but I don't really feel it. If you'd ask me how old Jurassic Park was, the first number that leaps into my brain is 'eight years'. ^^;

My impression was that the majority of the base online was at least 19, but then my impressions might be skewed by the fanwork creators and BroNYcon attendees (from the EverFree videos of the sessions). It does make sense that the young'uns'd be getting into it as well.

Edited by MarkKB

I'm 27. I watched the show a few times as a kid, but I didn't care for it. I loved my toys, though! My little brother and I would get all the ponies, dinosaurs and trolls and play in the sandbox. Good times...

I'm 21 myself.. I feel like a living, breathing fossil already.. and these forums just make it so much worse.

:(

But remember what they say, you're only as young as you feel! :D