Your favourite quotes.

Just pick your favorite quote! Whether it's said by someone real or made up. My personal favorite is one from the Ever After High books. : "Things are not lost to you, you are lost to them. If something is lost to you, simply stop hiding from it."

Edited by Brianna Changeling

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That’s what it is to be a slave." - Roy Batty

Edited by Guest

"If you strike at, imprison, or kill us, out of our prisons or graves we will still evoke a spirit that will thwart you, and perhaps, raise a force that will destroy you. We defy you! Do your worst!"
- James Connolly

And a tweet from Tabitha St Germain (who quoted someone else though, I think) that went something like: "Whenever I look at the moon I'm reminded that Neil Armstrong's name spelled backwards is 'Gnorts, mr Alien'!"

• Brohoof 2

Wow there are so many wonderful quotes that I love, but I've been watching a lot of Star Trek the Original Series lately, so here's two quotes that I'm loving from that :)

"Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim." -- Captain Kirk

"You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. This is not logical, but it is often true." -- Mr. Spock

• Brohoof 1

-This is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort or hope. If you want to take part in the adventure, then prepare yourself now.

-A coward's only reward is to live in fear another day.

-A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.

-In an hour of darkness a blind man is the best guide.

-Your path may be muddy, but it is yours to walk none the less.

"he who saves one life saves the world entire" from Schindler's list. there is a bit of controversy that this isn't true to the book it was taken from but whatever, even as a nazi sympathiser this one really tugged at my heart strings
(its a bit of a spoiler so if you plan to watch the movie dont watch this XP )

"I'm still alive, but you are dead. I remember you, so you are eternal"

—Daily remembrance of those passed on, followed by the names of those being remembered

“The issue is not local. The police of every big city… proceed upon a theory that is the exact opposite of the law. They believe every man guilty until he is proven innocent. They punish him without trial. They act as judge, jury, and executioner…Police methods make criminals worse than they would naturally be. We read of city roughs who ‘hate the law’ and we think of it as natural cussedness. We are wrong. Those men do not hate the law. They hate the police who abuse and maltreat them every time they are arrested.”

— A 1909 article in the St. Louis Mirror newspaper, edited by William Marion Reedy

Heard a few good ones in The Enforcer the other day.

Fatso: What makes a man want to join the police force?

Dirty Harry: If you find out, come and tell me.

Captain Mckay: That's it Callahan, give me your badge.

Harry: Here's a seven-point suppository, captain.

McKay: What did you say?

Harry: I said stick it in your ass!

Mustapha: You really are a dirty son of a bitch, aren't you Harry?

Harry: The Dirtiest.

• 2 weeks later...

In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau's, who is, in this critic's opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to Gusteau's soon, hungry for more.

Peter O'Toole
Ratatouille

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"It takes guts to be amazing"

It's something I said that others like, so it's more like my friend's favorite quotes from me. I can't immediately think of favorite quotes from anyone else. I'd rather say words of inspiration than be inspired by someone else's words. I do everything on my own strategies

"When life gives you lemons? Don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rule the day it thought is could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

-Cave Johson

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 2

-This is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort or hope. If you want to take part in the adventure, then prepare yourself now.

-A coward's only reward is to live in fear another day.

-A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.

-In an hour of darkness a blind man is the best guide.

-Your path may be muddy, but it is yours to walk none the less.

-Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. 

-The burden of failure is the most terrible punishment of all

-The truth is terrible to bear

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?” - Richard Dawkins.

• Brohoof 1

These ones, if only for their inherent truth:

"If history has taught us anything [...] it is that men with mustaches must never achieve positions of power" - Tom Rachman, The Imperfectionists

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn" - Attributed to Murphy of Murphy's Law fame.

:lol:

• Brohoof 2

Gonna sound unoriginal, but "Why so serious" is the best and my favorite phrase of all time. It goes a long way with me, and gives the person a good way of thinking about certain things, to not take things as seriously, idk, something about it feels relaxing.