Your favourite quotes.

"Don't kill, and don't be killed, alright? That's the best you can strive for." -Asriel Dreemurr

As for a non-video-game-reference: "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

• Brohoof 2

Anything from Les Brown but his version of this motto in particular:

https://youtu.be/upZPvz5qpKA?t=47m38s

"If you want a thing bad enough to go out and fight for it,

to work day and night for it,

to give up your time, your peace, and your sleep for it

If all that you dream and scheme is about it

and life seem useless and worthless without it

and if you'd gladly sweat for it and fret for it and plan for it

and lose all your terror of the opposition for it

and if you simply go after this thing that you want

with all of your capacity, strength and sagacity

faith, hope, and confidence

and stern pertinacity

if neither cold, poverty, famish, or gaunt

sickness or pain or body and brain can keep you away from the thing that you want

if dogged and grim you besiege and beset it

with the help of god you'll get it."

This time of the year, "Of all the monies people spend they grudge most their taxes.  That is because these are the monies for which they are least convinced they receive good value" Emerson

"Suppose you were a congressman, and suppose you were an idiot.  But, I repeat myself"  Mark Twain

• Brohoof 1

"Like everyone else you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept a way to loose. To except defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it, so when tomorrow comes, you must free you ambitious mind, and learn the art of dying." Bruce Lee.

"It's vital to remember who you really are.  It's very important.  It isn't a good idea to rely on other people or things to do it for you, you see.  They always get it wrong." - Rincewind, from Terry Pratchett's Sourcery

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

crap i got 3

"There is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab over an Arab, nor of a white over a black, nor of a black over a white except by righteousness and piety." -prophet Muhammed Ibn Abdullah

"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you." -Eminem

"Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up." -Biggie Smalls

, @undiscorded, ;
As this thread has still been active when your threads were made, I have merged the threads "Post a quote you like," "favorite quotes and poems :)," and "Favorite Quote(s)" together with this thread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth is not.” -Mark Twain

“The only imaginative fiction being written today, is income tax returns.” -Herman Wouk