Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Much Older are Lyra and Bonbon?

Zero000

I know what your thinking, another thread for age discussion.

I was just watching to episode "Cutie Mark Chronicles" again when I noticed filly Twilight was in a scene with both Lyra and Bonbon in it, but they don't look as young as Twilight.

Posted Image

Edited by Zero

Strange, Lyra is an earth pony in this shot, not a unicorn.

I don't know, the animators are probably trying to save some time duplicating background ponies.

In one of the first scenes of the first episode, we see Lyra waving to Twilight. It seems like she is one of the ponies going to Moondancer's party. She may be a fellow student at Celestia's School. Then she moves to Ponyville. I think Lyra is a little bit older than Twilight (I think Twilight is a prodagy who joined Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns at a young age). I think that Bon Bon is a little older than Lyra (just a year or two. Either that, or she just acts more mature).

Edited by Slendermane

Lyra and Bonbon are background ponies, they only exist to fill the background space and to make it look like the mane 6 and a few side characters aren't the only ponies that exist. For that reason, the animators and story writers don't consider things like age, personality and species (lyra is a earth pony here for example). ~

This is not even a thread worth discussing, since you will see versions of Lyra and Bonbon during any time period.

Lyra and Bonbon are background ponies, they only exist to fill the background space and to make it look like the mane 6 and a few side characters aren't the only ponies that exist. For that reason, the animators and story writers don't consider things like age, personality and species (lyra is a earth pony here for example). ~

This is not even a thread worth discussing, since you will see versions of Lyra and Bonbon during any time period.

True XD unless BonBon is immortal because in the latest episode, she's waiting in line for the apples when Granny Smith was a little filly.

post-773-0-34780600-1326125607_thumb.png

Bring on the conspiracies.

• Brohoof 3

True XD unless BonBon is immortal because in the latest episode, she's waiting in line for the apples when Granny Smith was a little filly.

IMMORTALIZE ALL THE PONIES ! :D ~

post-773-0-34780600-1326125607_thumb.png

Bring on the conspiracies.

And actually, you can also see her twice in that line. Also Berry Punch.

And it doesn't really matter, because later in that episode, you can see many of the same ponies and you can see up to three of them. I don't have anything better to do, so I'll even put some pics x)post-645-0-66156800-1326129749_thumb.png Ponies in Granny Smith's memory

post-645-0-22440500-1326129746_thumb.png Ponies in the present... They repeat.

post-645-0-01627300-1326129742_thumb.png Brace yourselves, bad quality photos will come! This is the other part in the same scene as the second pic... You can see the ponies even three times!

Background ponies are there to fill up spaces.

Not to be unique or have characteristics.

Edited by Pastel
  • Brohoof 1

And actually, you can also see her twice in that line. Also Cherry Punch.

And it doesn't really matter, because later in that episode, you can see many of the same ponies and you can see up to three of them. I don't have anything better to do, so I'll even put some pics x)post-645-0-66156800-1326129749_thumb.png Ponies in Granny Smith's memory

post-645-0-22440500-1326129746_thumb.png Ponies in the present... They repeat.

post-645-0-01627300-1326129742_thumb.png Brace yourselves, bad quality photos will come! This is the other part in the same scene as the second pic... You can see the ponies even three times!

Background ponies are there to fill up spaces.

Not to be unique or have characteristics.

Haha yeah XD I understand using the background ponies but using one multiple times in one shot is a bit cheap XD I noticed the other ponies but I pointed out BonBon because the topic is 50% about her XD Edited by Sudnifisent

I know what your thinking, another thread for age discussion.

I was just watching to episode "Cutie Mark Chronicles" again when I noticed filly Twilight was in a scene with both Lyra and Bonbon in it, but they don't look as young as Twilight.

Posted Image

Also in that pic you can see Colgate, Sparkler, Candy Coat/ Bacon and Eggs, Carrot Top, Pokey Pierce, BonBon, that random light blue pony that appears in the line at the end of Family Appreciation Day (lol I don't remember her name xD) and in the back, you can even see the same ponies D: These background characters are recycled, in a box, and when they need background ponies, they just pick them up and put them there as many times as they'd like.

Haha yeah XD I understand using the background ponies but using one multiple times in one shot is a bit cheap XD I noticed the other ponies but I pointed out BonBon because the topic is 50% about her XD

true :\

Well Lyra and Bon Bon are background characters. There is nothing known about them other than their canon existence somewhere in Equestria. Almost all their appearances in the show (and that image) are just to fill up space.

Well Lyra and Bon Bon are background characters. There is nothing known about them other than their canon existence somewhere in Equestria. Almost all their appearances in the show (and that image) are just to fill up space.

But also, Derpy is also a space filler but she was shown as a little filly?

But also, Derpy is also a space filler but she was shown as a little filly?

I am not completely sure about that.

But my theory is that:

The producers are taking Dizzy Doo (Derpy) a little more seriously.

Not as if she was going to be part of the mane six, more as if she is becoming more of a helping character than just a background pony.

To me it seems that as Derpy is probably one of/ the most liked non-mane six pony, they might be trying to keep her history a little more real.

She is not at the level of the CMC but she is of course more well-known that other background ponies such as Sparkler or Diamond Mint, so yeah.

That's just my theory, of course. I know it probably isn't because of that, but I like to think so ^-^

Edited by Pastel

Yes I know that they are saving time, but it's just a little recoloring that could fix this. If I were in charge of the backround ponies, I wouldn't make this happen all that often.

I am not completely sure about that.

But my theory is that:

The producers are taking Dizzy Doo (Derpy) a little more seriously.

Not as if she was going to be part of the mane six, more as if she is becoming more of a helping character than just a background pony.

To me it seems that as Derpy is probably one of/ the most liked non-mane six pony, they might be trying to keep her history a little more real.

She is not at the level of the CMC but she is of course more well-known that other background ponies such as Sparkler or Diamond Mint, so yeah.

That's just my theory, of course. I know it probably isn't because of that, but I like to think so ^-^

That's a pretty good theory but I still hate the fact that they named her Ditzy Doo, she'll always be Derpy to me.

It would be nice for Derpy to get some screen time though even if it's a bit short. I'd love to see more of Lyra too but I don't think she will XD Lyra, BonBon and Derpy could have roles like Cherilee, not important but have a few lines every now and then.

Edited by Sudnifisent