Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

Of course I'm open about it!  Why wouldn't I be?  Of all the quirks in me, "Friendship is Magic fan" is of little concern.  Of course, there's a fine line between simply being self-confident in being a brony and being obnoxious about it.  I'd like to think I'm pretty nice about it.  When encountering opposition, my typical response is "have you watched the show?"  After a while of talking to them, I recommend two or three episodes that I think will change their opinion, and...well, I've never failed a conversion, so I must be doing something right!

I've written an essay about the True Brony Code of love and tolerance.  My Team Fortress 2 spray is of Fluttershy as the Medic.  When it comes to being a brony, I definitely have no problem admitting it!

• Brohoof 1

Open enough to wear any of my 10 pony shirts in public. Not that I really have much to fear, all things considered; I live in a fairly liberal state, for one thing. For another, I happen to look like the kind of guy whom your average Joe wouldn't want to pick a fight with. But that's about as far as my openness stretches. I don't make it much of a point to tell anyone about the show unless they specifically ask about one of my shirts.

Really, I'm still expecting to encounter the douchebag who'll see me in a pony shirt and ask, "Why you gotta advertise the fact that you're a brony, huh? Why you gotta advertise it? Advertise, advertise, advertise." My God, that question irritates the everloving piss out of me. Gee, maybe for the same reason people wear clothes advertising their interest in Star Wars, Death Note, Big Bang Theory, Legend of Zelda, Dr. Who, or any other fandom under the Sun? Perchance to find people with like interests? Did that ever occur to these idiots? No, of course not. People like that are far too busy advertising their WEALTH by wearing trite shit like Abercrombie and Fitch for the very same reason; to find other rich snotballs to converse with.

...Sorry for the rant, there. It pisses me off when people are fine with others walking around in shirts depicting 'socially acceptable' interests, but the moment someone brings ponies into the equation, it's always "Blah blah blah, advertise, blah blah I'matotalshithead." It's that kind of attitude that makes me want to be one of those troll bronies who actively shoves ponies down people's throats.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I walk around school with this bag, so I say very open. :) I don't shove the show into people's faces, but I have no shame about being a brony.

post-24134-0-40298600-1390929473_thumb.jpg

Here is something funny. I actually talk about it all the time whether its subtle or balantly obvious. The candy of it all? No one has any idea what i'm talking about! :P  Irony right? I even draw them in class to so thats a plus. Its great! :yay: One day i'll wear a shirt expressing it to!

Open enough to wear any of my 10 pony shirts in public. Not that I really have much to fear, all things considered; I live in a fairly liberal state, for one thing. For another, I happen to look like the kind of guy whom your average Joe wouldn't want to pick a fight with. But that's about as far as my openness stretches. I don't make it much of a point to tell anyone about the show unless they specifically ask about one of my shirts.

Really, I'm still expecting to encounter the douchebag who'll see me in a pony shirt and ask, "Why you gotta advertise the fact that you're a brony, huh? Why you gotta advertise it? Advertise, advertise, advertise." My God, that question irritates the everloving piss out of me. Gee, maybe for the same reason people wear clothes advertising their interest in Star Wars, Death Note, Big Bang Theory, Legend of Zelda, Dr. Who, or any other fandom under the Sun? Perchance to find people with like interests? Did that ever occur to these idiots? No, of course not. People like that are far too busy advertising their WEALTH by wearing trite shit like Abercrombie and Fitch for the very same reason; to find other rich snotballs to converse with.

...Sorry for the rant, there. It pisses me off when people are fine with others walking around in shirts depicting 'socially acceptable' interests, but the moment someone brings ponies into the equation, it's always "Blah blah blah, advertise, blah blah I'matotalshithead." It's that kind of attitude that makes me want to be one of those troll bronies who actively shoves ponies down people's throats.

Ah, you know, I say the same thing all the time, but some people don't seem to accept that answer. It's the same thing with say, sports. A lot of people make fun of Bronies for either wearing merchandise or getting excited over My Little Pony, but you have people literally fighting and hurting each other over sports.

Now, I am a sports fan, but it just seems like an extreme double standard to me. I dunno if we'll ever live in a society where this sort of thing is completely acceptable like sports or Star Wars, but I've got my hopes up that this sort of sentiment among the populace will die out.

• Brohoof 1

People know about it IRL. Not an issue. I don't go out and be like "yo imma broner xdd" because I don't need to. There's nothing wrong with expressing what you like, but some people just take it a bit to far *cough* Brony Pizza Hut, anyone? Being a brony isn't something to be proud of IMO, it's fun, but I am not special for watching a show.

I'm pretty open about it, especially for a Texan; down here, if it's something people dislike or out of the social norm, it's instantly declared to be against god's will. That's our go to excuse for being dicks about things we dislike: "ITS AGAINST GOD OMG"

I carry my Rarity plushie around school, wear my Rarity dog tags 24/7 (literally) and I'm getting a Rarity shirt in the mail soon I plan on wearing to school the next day. Why? Because I think the regurgitated and heredity social intolerance most Texans have is pretty amusing.

"So, y'all like My Little Pony?"

"Yeahh."

"Are you a fag or sumthin', boy?"

"Go ask your mom that question and then come back and tell me what she says."

I really think I'm so open about my love for Rarity and the other ponies just to throw the generational intolerance in most Texan Teenagers mindsets into a frenzy.

I swear, man...I want to get the hell out of this state.

*ends rant here*

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 3

I am very open about it. I got my best friend addicted to it, told my mum so much stuff about ponies that she actually could remember and recognize the ponies(even some background ponies) and argued with my uncle over Ponies and Pikachu ( however u spell that, my uncle like Pikachu)

• 1 month later...

As open as I need to be. I'm not one for shoving my likes down peoples throats but I do post about it on Facebook and if people ask me what I've been doing and I've been doing something MLP related I'll tell them. I wear the brand on my person as well.

I'm too old now to care about peoples opinions of me liking a TV show. As we've already learnt, from a fantastic movie *wink* nasty people just don't have the power of friendship by their sides. 

I don't speak to my father about it, he's one of those guys who think men have to be the manliest people on the planet or he won't accept them, I hope that's understandable.

Besides that, I don't care who knows.

I only have 1 MLP shirt, so I wear it sparingly.

But I have a Twilight Sparkle dog tag I wear nearly everywhere I go, for good luck. ^^

Anything else I can usually wear I do. ^^

As for telling people, it's kind of 50/50.

I don't being speaking to a person with a mind-set goal on telling them I'm a Brony.

I wait until I get to know them first.

This should make sense.

In the society we live in today, our community doesn't openly accept Bronies and who we are.

That's why I wait until I get to know the person well, then I tell them.

I'm not shy about it, if they ever asked I would tell, I just don't want to "scare" anyone off, know what I mean?

I barely have enough friends as it is...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just starting to break out of my shell. Abd now my family knows I'm one.

Yeah, I saw your posts in that other topic about how you torment your brother with it.

Ha ha, that reminds me of when my family first found out... my middle brother got tortured non-stop by me. He's chill about it now, but we like to poke fun about it every now and then between each other.

My parents and  sister know thats it. Though there is a shirt I really want to get, I have  a bit of  social anxiety about these things, so I have to force myself to not care what people think.  Utmost respect to all of you that can show it without batting an eye wish I had your courage.

I haven't told anybody in real life that I watch MLP. I don't plan on doing so either. I could see the news that I'm a brony spreading around the school very quickly.

Then you'd be the coolest kid in school! At least 20% cooler  ;) 

I am as open as I can be at the moment, I only have a few things MLP, got myself a McDonalds pony the other day and my Brony shirt should be here soon. :D I like being myself, if others can't handle it that's not my problem.