Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

At what point did certain pony/ponies win you over?

Bucky McGillyCuddy

After I started watching the episodes in order, I did not like Rarity in Season 1's first half. In her earliest episodes, she was snooty, selfish and egotistical. In other words, horribly written and representing the opposite of her element. "Suited for Success" was my turning point for Rarity, specifically her meltdown after the failed fashion show. It proved she is a hard worker who only wants the best for her friends.

Rainbow Dash for her heroics early on, especially for saving Rarity and the Wonderbolts (the very ponies she looks up to, no less!) in "Sonic Rainboom".

Fluttershy when she used reason to convince the dragon to leave in "Dragonshy", putting her life at risk when her friends were in danger.

Applejack I've liked since the beginning because I feel I can relate a lot to her. As an accountant who works long, tiring hours at a time, I've gained a great deal of respect since I saw her in "Applebuck Season". Her family also reminds me of my own growing up.

Twilight as well since she's responsible, brainy and always learns from her mistakes. Not too many female protagonists in the media are like that.

Pinkie Pie won me over for her "Giggle at the Ghostly" song. Not only is this one of her characteristics (breaking out into song and not caring if anypony else notices) but it presents a believable lesson about facing your fears.

When Minuette first spoke in Amending Fences she just seemed SO FAKE to me. :confused:  You know, like one of those jerks who'd hang out with famous people to just get attention and whatnot... And then she turned out te be a genuinely nice pony! She's my favourite, I love how she doesn't mind Twilight's status nor her past mess-ups.