Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

At what point did certain pony/ponies win you over?

Bucky McGillyCuddy

I tried to stay neutral between all the characters, but what really sold Applejack as my favorite was in the episode "The Best Night Ever". When Rarity and Prince Blueblood when to her apple cart to buy some food but Blueblood refused to pay and Applejack said not too worry and gave Rarity the fritters for free even though it meant she would have lost money on sales. Making money for Sweet Apple Acres was why Applejack wanted to go to the gala but she gave that up to help a friend in need. To me it really showed just how generous and caring Applejack is :)

So how did your favorite win you over? Was it through song, a funny joke, a touching moment or something entirely different? I'd love to know down below.

• Brohoof 7

Just asking, but isn't it, like the normal thing to do to give your friends some money, once in a while? I mean, what AJ did wasn't bad, it was just average.

For me, it was when Twi went to Crazy Town Banana Pants. Just reminded me of myself.

Twilight Sparkle since first episode.

Well, Twi is the nerdy and sciency, me in a nutshell. Science is my favorite subject, mostly because we can do crazy experiments and anything could happen. I also love books. I'd read books day and night and know all of these useless facts :I

I can also relate to Trixie for my bragging [i'll admit it] and for being a show-off. Those two aren't my better traits >.< But neverless, I have a bit of Trixie and Twilight in me.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack during the Return of Harmony...she apologized to Twilight when Twi performed the spell and her, and nopony else did. She also had hilarious moments that I've noticed, even if others did not, such as in Over a Barrel and the Best Night Ever. I officially called Applejack my favorite at the end of the Last Roundup. She really hated disappointing her friends and wanted to help the town, donating her prize money over barn fixes. She's the only one to try and comfort Twi in the last two episodes as well.

• Brohoof 3

Rarity, because of a lot of things. The whole art of the dress scene really changed my opinion on her, but it was also that touching moment with her sister, how she stayed loyal to her friends when she could've joined the elites, the dog and pony episode, etc.

Rainbow Dash is my second favorite pony, at first she wasn't even in my top 5, but I had a dream about her where she was caring, and it made me think of how loyal and dedicated to her friends she is in the show (even if she does sometimes joke at the expense of her friends). Plus, there's the Starscream vs Rainbow Dash video.

Edited by Jason Caternolo
  • Brohoof 2

Argh! I have two favorite ponies, but I'll use Pinkie for this:

I think I started liking Pinkie in Party of One. I felt sorry for her, and I know that she's always trying her best to make people happy. Although she can be random, her friends respect her for who she is. I really enjoy Pinkie's struggles to make her friends feel better. She also doing very nice things for her friends, like hosting parties, and giving them special gifts.

I really like Pinkie, as she always knows when to bring fun into the group. I also love her songs she sings and her randomness. The show wouldn't be the same without her! :)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie was my favorite even before I saw the actual show. The reason why I started watching it was because of fanmade videos and such, and Pinkie Pie was awesome in those.

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash has been my favourite from the begining of the show, because the first pony related thing I ever saw was the Death Battle: Starscream vs Rainbow Dash. She's just always been my favourite for her competitive nature, I've been like that quite a bit myself.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash were my immediate favorites in the first episodes because I loved their personalities and how smart and strong they were respectively. Pinkie Pie became another favorite after Party of One, and now she's my #1 favorite.

I used to have Fluttershy as my favorite but now it's all about Twilight Sperkle. :3

Just about everything made me love Twilight, she's smart, funny, adorable, and knows how to get out of a situation.

The moment that made me love her the most is when she got all of those letters from Princess Celestia and figured out about how strong friendship was. The best part in the whole series. That's why Twilight is number one in my opinion. Without Twilight Sparkle, the elements of harmony wouldn't work, and FiM wouldn't really exist.

Edited by ~Wubs~

I started to like Pinkie Pie a whole lot after Griffon The Brush Off. Prior to that, I always viewed her as "that annoying and hyperactive girl who wouldn't shut up", but after seeing her antics which her... surprisingly like my own from time to time, I began to see her in a new light. Soon after I realized that she was genuinely good-hearted and thought her crazy antics and voice were really cute :lol: The episode with Cranky Doodle Donkey only reinforced my liking towards her and now, well, I look up Pinkie Pie pictures whenever I can.

• Brohoof 1

for me it was always a tug of war between AppleJack and Rarity it use to be Rainbowdash too, but her main episodes and the way she was written though them in season two kind ruined her.

also i can rely say it was a moment because it always been the little things noticeable in there character and Sister hoof social doesnt help in that matter...... im gonna go watch Sisterhoof Social now

• Brohoof 2

My number one pony has to be Pinkie pie. In any episode she makes me laugh with her random acts. What sold me was in Last Round up were she jumps from the wagon without looking back and tells Rarity (second favorite) to catch her. I

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy's first appearance.

I don't really know what else I can say to this, as my answer is only one sentence long. It was just obvious that Fluttershy was best pony after 1 second of screentime from her.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite: Twilight Sparkle.

Since When: First minute of the show

What sold it for me: She was reading a book.

Yes, i am too easily impressed. lol.

In all seriousness i loved Twi ever since i watch the first episode. Her personality is much like mine. Nerdy, and stuff. Reads books. Smart. All that stuff. She was my favorite as soon as i started watching the first episode.

Edited by AnonBrony

post-8859-0-30434600-1349629227_thumb.pngit's hard to choose between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but I finaly chose Fluttershy in the Sonic Rainboom episode where Fluttershy says yay. that's the most adorable thing I have ever seen and I was laughing hysterically for about 20 minutes. she's just too adorable not to love. <3
  • Brohoof 1

Let's see. Applejack pretty much nabbed the favorite pony spot the first time I REALLY saw her. Beforehand, when I saw that YouTube Poop than ended up making me a brony, I thought she was a BOY :unsure:. Of course, when I saw her in Look Before You Sleep, it all changed. I instantyl started to like her a lot, and while Pinkie was VERY close on the top pony spot back in August 2011, I decided that AJ was the one I liked that most :wub: x20.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 2

Celestia was actually my favorite character after my initial watching of the first couple episodes. Then as I got into season 2 and got to see more of all the characters in action, Dash became my favorite. I guess some of her specific episodes contributed to it, like Read it and Weep, but it was a collaborative of all her moments in the show.