Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

At what point did certain pony/ponies win you over?

Bucky McGillyCuddy

B) : The first scene she was in. 

:huh: : Applebuck Season...the whole episode, I guess. 

:D : Suited for Success and her entire song. Not only that, but how much she was being put through and her generosity in that episode. I felt like I could relate to her.

:blink:  : I thought she was annoying until Feeling Pinkie Keen, and I didn't truly warm up to her until Party of One during her psychotic breakdown. 

:wacko: : Believe it or not, I didn't like her at all during season 1. I thought she was a "Mary-Sue" and was too bossy. Looking back at it, I feel really dumb. So, I wouldn't say she hadn't truly won me over until Lesson Zero, and after I realized how much I relate to her. I still can't believe that there was a period of time where I didn't like her. 

<_<: I'm sorry, but I truly didn't get Rainbow's appeal until Hurricane Fluttershy, where she was shown to be a decent friend and leader. Read it and Weep made me "like" her in the sense that I liked laughing at her, but it wasn't until Hurricane Fluttershy when I realized she does have a lot of redeeming qualities. Now, because of Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolts Academy she's my 2nd favorite pony.  :wub:

Spike (the lack of Spike emotions annoys me): The very first scene in the pilot with him and Twilight in the library. I just loved how him and Twilight interacted. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle: she won me over in "ticket master" when she was upset about being able to only give away one ticket to some pony.

Applejack: I loved her in applebuck season when she was willing to do all that hard work by herself.

Fluttershy: in "Griffon the brush off" when she ran away because of Gilda.

Rarity: since the "mare in the moon prt 2" when she cut off part of her tail to help the sea serpent, It showed that she has a truly giving side

Rainbow-Dash: I liked her since Dragonshy, she was willing to take on that dragon by herself while kinda stupid it still took serious guts, I've liked her even more since this season because she's losing some of her flaws but still keeping the sides of her personality we love.

Derpy: Since "Pinkie Keen" i love that despite her being clumsy she always is trying to do the right thing and her love for muffins, in "the last round-up i thought it was sweet how she was just trying to help and how they gave her a fan given name but I still don't watch it that much since I really don't like the episode(my Opinion)

Dj-pon3- Liked her since her first apperance, because iI just think it's awesome Ponyville has It's own DJ

Lyra- Loved since i read some of the stuff about her wanting to see humans(I feel her pain Ii want to see ponies)

I'll post again, this time, bringing up that my intention was to seek out moments when characters did something that made you like them so much that you would stare off into space or into the ceiling well after the episode was over. Enough where, if you had a definite Mane 6 favorite and the pony was also a Mane 6, you might feel like it was "cheating".

Well, it doesn't have to be that much, but enough where you realized that they just did something that you profoundly liked rather than just "All ponies are cute, so I like them all at least a little bit:"

The very pinpoint moment in which this happened with Applejack was:

"You bet they are, birthday boy". Just.... rawr. That is so cute and sassy!

Twilight Sparkle: "This isn't the Spike I know and love."

That word almost never gets used in this series. This just got real. It is precious that Twi is indirectly admitting that her relationship with her dragon pal is so much that Twilight Sparkle loves Spike.

Fluttershy: Ahh-singing the enduring first bits of the My Little Pony jingle made me recognize that the show wouldn't be My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic without her, but "Putting Your Hoof Down", well that is not really pinpointing, but it made me like her moreso than a more typical moment like Yay/Did my cheering do that?/"Hurricane Fluttershy".

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie started to grow on me in Party of one and Baby Cakes. The moment i see her cry i feel so very sorry for her and i dont usually because im use to seeing her act more happy and cheery.

Rainbow Dash: I never genuinely liked her up until season 3 where she bonds with Scootaloo and The Wonderbolt Academy where spoke out against her idol for what she believed in. Now that was awesome and is why i like Rainbow Dash now.

Twilight Sparkle: When her eyes glowed white in the second episode.

I think that's also what made me fall for the show.

I mean seriously...that's like...awesome...(that's the only word I could think of?)

Pinkie Pie: In Swarm of the Century.  I was just thinking; "Her friends are jerks.  I feel you you, Pinkie.  I feel for you.

Fluttershy: In Stare Master, when she sang.  It was so adorable.  That's one of my favorite songs to this day.  And its so short!

Rarity: A Dog and Pony Show.  Must I say more?

Rainbow Dash: She has yet to really amaze me.

Applejack:  Spike At Your Service for some reason.  Yeah.  She took some time...

Oh yes, here's the part where I get to show off how different my tastes are from everyone else!

Twilight Sparkle: Everything about her in Look Before You Sleep.

Applejack: As Smart Cookie in Hearth's Warming Eve. Bucking hilarious.

Rarity: Episode 1. She's so engrossed in her work and caring about the design. I dunno what people are talking about that she only shines later in the season.

Fluttershy: The Stare Master. OMG FLUTTERSHY HAS FLAWS OTHER THAN BEING SHY.

Pinkie Pie: For once, a normal choice: Party Of One, when she gets paranoid about her friends. I think I liked her discording scene more though.

Rainbow Dash: Her monologue in The Mysterious Mare Do Well after being left alone and abandoned. It's like a combination of all the flaws in Rainbow Dash that make me love her.

Spike: When he tries to outshine Owlowiscious in Owl's Well That Ends Well. Poor guy.

Stellafera! You must publicly tell me specifically what you liked when you brohoofed my post that is post #11. Do you like the thing with Applejack? And/or Twilight Sparkle? And/or about Fluttershy?

Stellafera! You must publicly tell me specifically what you liked when you brohoofed my post that is post #11. Do you like the thing with Applejack? And/or Twilight Sparkle? And/or about Fluttershy?

The "Spike I know and love" thing and Fluttershy. I loved Putting Your Hoof Down. It was a fantastic episode. And I think that "yay" was an alright joke, but not the best thing every that deserves 500 remixes.

Let me think about this actually.. Gonna be slightly inaccurate due to how i'm not sure how good my memory is for this, guess I'll just think of some great moments that I loved for each character.

I'm going to go by my list of favorites as is currently right now.

Fluttershy: She basically caught my interest in the 1st episode with her adorable squee and super relatable shyness.(for me atleast.) She just got better for me in other episodes, plus the first clip I saw was of her staring down the cocktrice in "stare master" With guiles theme playing. So that played a part in it. :D. Shes still my favorite.

Twilight: Shes my second favorite... She actually sparked my interest much later I think. Shes been a more recent interest for me. I really didn't have a whole lot of interest for her until about later on after hearing some of her singing and really getting a feel for it, it probably was more around my 2nd watch I had a bit of interest for her, and as I listened to more of her singing, and I slowly came to the realization that I absolutely love her singing! Dunno why, plus I can be a bit of a nerd sometimes, even if I'm not much of a book nerd. And the fact that she wasn't exposed to interactions as much until later in her life is somewhat relatable to me since i was homeschooled and didn't have a whole lot of interactions with others compared to public school.

So Twilights is complicated, shes a close second for me to Fluttershy.

Pinkie Pie: Well Pinkie pie is my third I really started to enjoy Pinkie after I got use to and more comfortable to the fact I'm watching a show about ponies and really got a feel for the songs in the show, since Pinkie made so many of them. Plus she reminds me so much of some random things I've seen from the bits and pieces of older cartoons i've seen, and shes just funny and random :D And I love funny and random. Not to mention omg.. When I first heard " Smile Smile Smile..." I think I fell in love with that song or something :P, I listened to it like millions of times. She has even got plenty of other songs and they're all pretty good, and I've even started to appreciate Giggle at the Ghosties after I watched the show again.(it was awkward the first time.) Shes really got a nice singing voice to, and honestly I always love the random and funny moments Pinkie brings, even in recent episodes. She falls pretty close together behind Twilight, But she is quiet enjoyable and doesn't really get old for me :D.

Rainbow Dash: This ones gonna be a bit harder to pinpoint since my feelings have been a bit weaker about her until more recently, shes still been my 4th favorite, but I think thats because of things like 20% cooler, and her sonic Rainboom's.

However. For a while she stood around as 4th place, but not that strongly. Now with some of the newer episodes, she won me over, she has developed a whole lot, and has plenty of caring in her, aswell as awesomeness. Now shes a pretty close contender with Pinkie, Of course I'm a bit biased for the Random humor Pinkie brings.

Rarity: Well funny thing about Rarity is, I really had no care for her at all at the beginning of watching the show, she kinda came across as a character who was always stuck up and bossy stereotypical fashion diva type lady who I just found, almost annoying for a while. The fact that I skipped over one of her first(Or maybe her first..) Episodes "Suited for success" made me not really care for her until later in S2, once I heard her sing "Becoming popular" I actually started to like her, not to mention the episode made me like her a bit more, It actually made me eventually watch "Suited for Success" and I fell in love with "Art of the dress" I even started to enjoy her random drama and stuff it can be quiet funny sometimes :D. Now she has a nice place up there, Still proably won't be passing up Rainbow Dash or Pinkie, but I've learned to like her more.

Applejack: Well. Applejack has been known for not being a very heavy screentime charactor, so I never really had feelings for her for a while, honestly the ironic thing is how I didn't care for the country accent. Then again when your already in the south and hearing southern accents and stuff all the time, it doesn't really surprise you that much I guess :P.

Anyways I can't really say I was won over by AJ until the more recent episodes, I'm gonna have to almost say S3, from the start of S3 I actually started to appreciate her. Before that she wasn't the most entertaining for me, but with all of her recent screentime and even her own episode and song, she has sparked my interest pretty well, she may even pass up Rarity sometime :).

Whew.. Ok I'm done with my somewhat vague and possibly inaccurate memories of when each of the main 6 won me over. I hope it didn't feel to much like a favorite to least favorite chart or anything.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash: The instant she appeared in the show, of course every instant she's been around afterward has only won me over more :).

Applejack: Tough one. I liked her a lot in seasons one and two but the past two episodes have really pumped up my perception of her.

Fluttershy: I thought her first scene was really funny, then Dragonshy made me a big fan of her. Hurricane Fluttershy took it up a notch as well.

Twilight: Probably Winter Wrap Up

Pinkie Pie: Party of One launched her from one of my least favorite characters to my second favorite. Besides Rainbow, probably the most dramatic example.

Rarity: I didn't really like her until Suited for Success, then she won me over. She's also been moving up my favorite character list lately but I don't know if I could pinpoint why.

You admitted to liking something made my Merriwether Williams. Stellafera's respect for you tripled instantly.

• Brohoof 1

pinkiepie =feelling pinkie keen but I already like her before that... lots of pepole say partyof one but not me because thats the tiime she was depressed and angry not really her chracter its a part of her but still liking her for that feels funny for me... pinkipies my fav character random but has argubaly more depth than any other pony oh and swarm of the century shes so random fun hyper and is actually funny really really funny and ive never seen a character quite like her but the others are chracters pepole see alot

fluttershy= dragonshy I realized her chracater was so much like me in elmentary school and still a little today the  shy kind scared at everthing but if you hurt my freinds ill be brave and tell you straight sorta person shes my secound

rd= never....  she never really does win me over.... shes tied with apple jack for last

rarity = suited for sucess and then all her dramtic moments shes my third fav

twilight - lesson zero shes my 4th fav she awesome i just wish she wasnt the main character it makes me get bored...

apple jack= "i didnt learn anything" super speedy cider squeezy 600 shes awesome but for a person whos intresting shes sorta boring a bit

Edited by pinkieshyrose

Rainbow Dash: When she offered to tutor Scootaloo, in Sleepless in Ponyville. Standing up for Fluttershy, almost everything she does. :D

Applejack: Apple Family Reunion - When she was singing with her family.

Pinkie Pie: Her infamous Smile song to make everyone happy.

Twilight: Lesson Zero when she went completely bonkers.

Fluttershy: Well, her cute duet with Rainbow Dash for May The Best Pet Win.

Rarity: Her funny performance in Dog & Pony Show.

Edited by LightningDust
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie is my hate-her love-her character and just when I get to thinking "Oh, she's cool now!" they go and do something with her when I just want to kick her and tell her to shut up. She was fun and funny in The Crystal Empire and in Babs thing (episode names escape me, its late!) but a real pain in ... the academy one which annoyed me all through it.

Oh, one more: Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. At first, I thought they were super boring. Whenever they were on screen, I couldn't wait for the scene to change. But then Shining Armor threw Cadence like a javelin, and I was like, there's no way they didn't plan that maneuver ahead of time. So now I have this headcanon of them being super nerdy together, and staying up late at night talking about different kind of tactical maneuvers for possible situations.

Honestly, I loved Pinkie from the beginning.

Twilight took a couple episodes, but she's very reltable

I think the Sonic Rainboom is what made me like Dashie

Rarity was at her best in A Dog and Pony Show

Fluttershy had me at "yay."

Applejack was awesome in Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Fluttershy: "Um... I'm Fluttershy..." Her entire first scene. She blew me away from the very start. I was squeeing and shit, just like "wow omg cute and shy". Dragonshy was awesome exposition for her too, still being shy but overcoming her fear and standing up for her friends and all that awesomeness. If she hadn't win me over in her first 10 seconds onscreen I'd say this episode did it.

Rarity: I was a bit worried in her first scene that I wouldn't like her, but the Stephen Magnet bit in ep 2 was a good sign. Fabulosity. Can't point out any particular incident or episode that spiked my approval of her (lol "spiked"), but A Dog and Pony Show was a big deal, of course. She's went up the list to seem to be my second favorite Mane Six by now, so maybe I'd say each of her episodes helped besides Look Before You Sleep. She had me won before the end of season 1, like everypony else.

Rainbow: First scene. She was awesome, it was just a great impactful way to make a debut imo. Again, can't think of a particular point where my opinion of her turned up, so I'm going with her first appearance. Griffon the Brush-Off was a good respect-raiser though. And Sonic Rainboom, well... Not much great happened for her character-wise, but SONIC RAINBOOM. And the episode had Yay for Fluttershy, too.

Twilight: I dunno. Boast Busters was a good start, I guess. And Winter Wrap Up was great too, being so willing and determined to help out. I was always cool with all the ponies, but ep 6 is probably where a greater like started. Plus I can relate to Twilight in plenty of ways, being a nerdy indoors type and all.

Pinkie: Can't really pick out anything here. My opinion of her portrayal has been on a rollercoaster since season 2, and I liked her best in season 1 (obviously), but... Eh. I like Pinkie.

And her songs are awesome. Giggle at the Ghostie was a great first/second impression. Song still makes me cry, like the end of the episode. >_>

Applejack: She seemed alright to start with, but no real wowing. Applebuck Season was mostly her being stubborn so that didn't help. I dunno if I can think of anything in particular here either, I just remember liking her. A lot, even. Applejack is great.

Sweetie Belle: I originally felt Apple Bloom was best filly, but then my feelings/opinion began shifting to a balance between her and Sweetie Belle, then finally just to Sweetie herself. Show Stoppers, with the singing and all, was important. But I'd say that if anything in particular sealed the deal, it'd be Sisterhooves Social. Still waiting on another Sweetie Belle episode. >_>

Luna: I was really fond of her before season 2, or rather, I really liked the princess of moon and night thing, and how she was supposed to have reign over the moon but she didn't show up for ages after the pilot. I'd already fallen by the time she took her cloak off in Luna Eclipsed, pretty much, but the whole episode taught me "I love Luna." One of my top favorites alongside Fluttershy. And Rarity.

Celestia: Dunno, always liked Celestia. She's up there on my list too, but blargh. Showing herself to be a wise and caring ruler while at the same time liking to play around a little (A Bird in the Hoof) was a contributif factor, certainly. In Return of Harmony, though... I gotta agree with Discord, she was being boring then. lol

Edited by Mu Nova

Twilight won me over when I first saw the Mane 6. She was the most aesthetically pleasing pony IMO.

Sweetie Belle got me when she sang her song in The Stare Master. It's still my favorite song of all the seasons.

And my favorite pony Scoots won me over when I first saw the whole CMC episode.

• 1 month later...

This would be particularly good if you also mentioned this for characters that are not your absolute favorite.

I haven't watched all the episodes in chronological order, but I have managed to see every episode at least once. So it is not like a character necessarily took a long time for me to like.

Rainbow  Dash: Her "At the Gala" part. Especially her voice making that cute crack when she says, "They'll shower us with diamonds". I also think it is cute that "thousands" and "diamonds" doesn't rhyme.

Pinkie Pie: "Smile Smile Smile", and maybe also her da Vinci flying contraption in "Griffon the Brush-off", and her practicality in "Swarm of the Century".

Rarity: The typical "A Dog and Pony Show" probably.

Your topic, 'Moments when the characters won you over' has been merged with 'At what moment in the series did that certain pony become your favorite?'. I believe the two are similar enough to become a singular topic. I've edited the title to fit a little bit better.

For me, that hasn't happened yet. I love all the ponies, and though I sometimes try to pick favorites (Twilight and Fluttershy being the first to mind), I never really have a definite favorite and I tend to just like everypony in equal distribution. 

Well it was originally Twilight who won me over after the very first episode, but Rainbow Dash soon took her place after she done her sonic rainboom.. seeing how happy she was when she done what she set out to do, a truly awesome Pokemon pony (wow, I've been playing way too much Pokemon lately). Rainbow Dash was slowly making her way to my favorite by season 3, but it was Sleepless in Ponyville that really put her to the favorite spot. I mean a sporty, energetic and competitive pony like Dashie taking little Scootaloo under her wing and being all sister-like was so amazing. Aww.

Twilight Sparkle was originally my favorite, but Applejack continually showed a strength of character that kept pushing her steadily to the top.  The scene in "The Best Night Ever" when she gave Rarity her apple fritters even though her intention was to come to the Gala to make money for her family was probably the starting point.  The turning point that sent her over the top was in "Sisterhooves Social", when Applejack was willing to give up her family time to help another family bond.  Applejack has shown herself time and again to be a selfless, hard-working pony, and that made her my favorite.

That episode was also one of the only times I liked Rarity.  :3

• Brohoof 2

I really liked loved Wonderbolt Academy, I think that episode really brought out Rainbow Dash's personality and the fact she made a friend who she could relate to than show that she was better than her was a really great way to show the good and bad of Dashie. 

ily Dashie  :wub: