Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you're a unicorn, what is your list of magical spells?

MagicalStarRain

Were I to transform into the unicorn I know I am, ( :3 )

I would probably harness these few magical abilities:

Strong Levitation (Multi-task) - I'm always doing multiple things at once, so this is a critical part of me and would train so I could effortlessly hold many items at once.

Teleportation - Simple, self-explanatory.

Light Shield/Bubble - Conjure up a bubble around me or a shield to defend against most spells...or just maybe have people run into them :3

Flame/Arcane Aura - Able to draw a circle around myself, and ignite that cirlce either with flames or an even more powerful arcane spell that I can either lay into the ground as a trap or shoot as an attack.

Enchantment - Using high level spells, would be able to put spells and abilities that only unicorns can do into armour, or just common items so that other races could learn how to use them as well.

• Brohoof 1

Since my Ponysona's a Unicorn... 

I'm not one for battling, but like Rarity, I'd use it to make something wonderful and beautiful that pertains to my hobbies. c;

Levitation: You get the basics. I can levitate things, and manipulate things with my magic aura.

Linguimalia: Able to communicate with all animals linguistically at pony level.

Electrokinesis: Able to manipulate the electrically powered objects, or electricity around them freely.

Teleportation: Traveling to any desired way-point without moving a muscle in a given moving process.

Hydrorespiration: Able to freely breathe underwater.

Night Vision: The caster becomes more able with taking in enough light pitch black places for clear vision.

Spectrinometry: Able to manipulate an object's appearance in a artistic way the mind desires. Mostly color-wise.

Ever-Growth: Able to summon different wildlife and plants to where and how the caster desires them to do and be.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of these spells lists are combat only. Apart from the occasional monster, there just isn't that much combat in Equestria.

Do you combat only guys have a few spells for when you aren't fighting? I'd like to see one or two.

(edited)

If I was a unicorn...my magic would probably be alteration themed spells.

Things such as Voice amplification to be heard over larger areas (useful for singing). Another idea could be controlled telekinesis to take things apart/put things together without tools/appliances. Maybe a short ranged Teleport could be cool, and I can't think of anything else.

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 1

I'm an earth pony, but if I was a unicorn...

Shapeshifting

It'd be a cool ability to have...it would most likely be limited to one animal, though. Probably some type of dog, or a sea lion.

Water Manipulation

The ability to levitate water and/or heat it, can't decide which I'd prefer.

Teleportation

Exactly What it Says on the Tin, the power to teleport anywhere.

Unlocking Any Lock

Alohomora! Especially useful for stubborn lockers!

Soul Healing

The ability to heal others with my spirit.

I AM SO BORING I KNOW.

• Brohoof 1

Here's my list:

1. Create multiple of me

Read name.

2. Make myself able to fly

I'll use my magic to have myself fly without wings.

3. Have what I think about pop up

So simply I use my magic to make things pop up out of nowhere.

4. Mind control

I would control other ponies' minds, and as well mess with how they think and their personality, ex. turn somepony from good to evil. Would be fun.

5. Instant happiness

Name explains all.

• Brohoof 1

Here's my list:

1. Create multiple of me

Read name.

2. Make myself able to fly

I'll use my magic to have myself fly without wings.

3. Have what I think about pop up

So simply I use my magic to make things pop up out of nowhere.

4. Mind control

I would control other ponies' minds, and as well mess with how they think and their personality, ex. turn somepony from good to evil. Would be fun.

5. Instant happiness

Name explains all.

You forgot the disguise spell: instantly creates a mustache: nopony is able to recognize you. Enhances evil laughs and adds +6 to all nefarious plans.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I plan on having my OC being a unicorn and my spells would be.

Firewall -other ponies would have to either go thought it and take the damage to get to me or go around in witch I would have enough time to cast another spell.

Blink/Teleport- Blink:  if some pony were to run through my fire wall to get to me I would use blink as a backup to move to the other side of the fire wall making them go through it again taking more damage.  Teleport :for long distance fast travel.

Magic missile-  A spell that deals damage no matter if you try to dodge it or not.

Protection from Elements- so I take less damage from other spells (such as fire, water, earth, wind etc.)

Deathward- so I cannot die by other spells that would otherwise instantly kill me.

Stone Skin- another defensive spell so I take less physical resistance.

Disintegrate- best damage dealer I have but hate to use realizing that it requires rare material to cast.

Mage armor -so I cannot be hit by magic missile and another damage reduction.

Jump- so I can jump higher.

Haste- move 30% faster.

True seeing - so I can see things other cannot.

Water breathing- so I can breathe under water... (Self-explanatory)

(No one said there was restriction on how many spells you could have I mean look at twilight she had 25!)

Edited by Manauser
  • Brohoof 1

Damn. I was so prepared for this... I didn't even know.

My pony, Sunburst, has the hotheaded, foolish but fierce personality of fire, and his spells reflect that. If he went to magic college,he would have a major in Fire Elemental and a minor in Conjuration.

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE STANDARD TELEKENISIS

1. Fire Wall: First advanced spell he ever learned (and how he got his cutie mark), creates a wall of fire (duh) in the front 180 degrees of him, but is not too terribly tall.
  2. Conjure Sunglasses: Conjures his signature "I don't give a buck" purple-tinted Neighviators to walk away from large explosions with. They serve little other purpose.
  3. Phoenix Call: Calls his pet Phoenix to his aid. Can only work above ground or slightly below with an easily accessible entryway.
  4. Fireproof: Does what it says on the tin. Blocks 80-90% of all heat sources, making it possible (but incredibly painful) to swim through lava without being incinerated.
  5. Fire Form: Sets him on fire, but doesn't burn him. EXTREMELY taxing on his magical reserves, and only to be used in emergencies.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
A lot of these spells lists are combat only. Apart from the occasional monster, there just isn't that much combat in Equestria.   Do you combat only guys have a few spells for when you aren't fighting? I'd like to see one or two.

Lessee, everyday spell list? I will do my damndest!

The Voice

I've been told by my close friends that I have a decent, if not good low to mid range singing voice. Therefore, this spell would be a standard voice amplification spell, not unlike the Royal Canterlot Voice. Used for singing (duh), catching attention, blowing out eardrums, and all that jazz.

No, really. One of my friends is legitimately afraid of even the mention of it. He covers his ears and steps away quickly when I toy with the idea of using it.

Ninja (innate)

I'm a flippin' ninja. For some reason, I go unnoticed until my head is right beside someone else's. Use of The Voice at this point is optional. My friends have been getting better at detecting me, though...until I used Ninja in its full glory right before exams. They were scared shitless tongue.png

To be known for your stealth and by your sheer volume is truly something to be afraid of. I know, it doesn't make sense to me, either.

Path of Frost

Creates ice under my hooves, so I can freely walk on water.

Frost Presence

For those hot summer days, I can lower the temperature and moisture content of the air around me for instant air conditioning. Cuts down on costs and pollution to boot!

Living Shadow

I can use my shadow for a myriad of things. I could turn it into sunglasses, to block out that pesky sun. I can use it to cast a shade over windows, or blind someone for pin the tail on the....whatever it is in Equestria. Perhaps, even, an auxiliary levitation medium, but there'd have to be some weird reason for normal levitation not to be able to get the job done.

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 1

I'll be listing the main spells that my unicorn OC, Acheron, uses. The spells are of dark magical origins, and they're technically the spells I'd see myself using.

1. Knowledge Drain- Allows the user to infiltrate the mind of another target, stealing whatever knowledge, secrets, and memories held within the target's mind. It is up to the user how much of the target's mind he will see, and also whether or not it will cause pain.

2. Dark Subjugation- Infects the essence of a weakened target with dark magical energy, twisting it to become a corrupted wraith to serve the user in any we he chooses. The wraiths can be "banished" out of the current plane until its master summons it once again.

3. Shadow Constructs- The creation of objects such as weapons, appendages, or tools from dark magic energy.

4. Primordial Chaos- Taps into an ancient source of magic which originates from Isfet, the Egyptian realm of Chaos. Unlike Draconequui magic, this "chaos" is wholly destructive, inflicting tremendous amount of terrible influence to quickly weaken a target (the feeling is obviously extreme fatigue, but also sickness). If targets are unable to resist, the energy will eventually rip them to shreds.

5. Blood Metamorphosis- The shedding of personal blood can instead heal the user, and even allow reconstruction of limbs if experienced enough.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have :

Telekinesis (Like in skyrim, mind you) 

I've always been fascinated by telekinesis, Mind you, I don't believe in all that stuff. It'd just so fun to randomly throw stuff at people

Shape Shifting

Another great ability,It be so awesome to anything you wanted to be

Water Breathing

I Honestly have no Idea why, It be fun

also I'd have that gravity thing twilight has 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here is a list of spells for a 2nd OC I've been working on lately. No name for this one yet, but like Silverhoof he is another refugee from Human Earth. My OC's are not combat fiends, they are made to fit into canon Equestria.

I would like any feedback you have with this. he is still a work in progress. The concept behind him is he only partially crossed the dimensional barrier between Equestria and Earth. Physically he exists on Equestria as a unicorn, but his body acts is a living dimensional portal: to the point of maintaining a human omnivorous diet and directly influencing his magic.

---He lives in Equestria and cannot return, but is still tied to both dimensions.

Species: Unicorn

Cutie Mark:  A gray hook.

Personality:  Steve may be eccentric by Equestrian standards, but he is a nice guy. He remains somewhat secretive about his past. As a human from earth, he is terrified that Ponies might discover he is not a citizen.  So he became a traveling sales-pony.  Steve has been in Equestria for a year now.

History:   There is not much to tell, Steve just hasn’t been in Equestria that long. He doesn’t seem to mix in, or attend social events. Though he does seem to be getting braver, and has been seen attending museums, libraries and musical events.  He has never sold his wares in Canterlot, fearing discovery. But he has visited the city by taking the train from Ponyville acting like a tourist.

Quote: “I can assure you Madame; you will not find a similar item anywhere else in Equestria.”

Unicorn magic:  Steve’s unique magic maintains and controls the very nature of the fragile dimensional barrier. It allows him to summon small items from earth. Indeed, this is how he makes a living: he is a traveling salesman. Using a mirror, he can peer into the earthly dimension, and steal items of 15 pounds or less. He can summon firearms for defense, but only those he has personally used (which is limited at best). Food and drink are a mere summons away.

But his Sky Hook is his most unusual magical talent. He summons a floating hook from a construction crane. It moves as he mentally wills it to move, winds and weather will not buffet it, rather it remains steady: immune to inertia. He uses it to fly in a gondola at a speed of 30 miles an hour, much to the amusement of pegasi.

SPELLS

Sky Hook. This is the most “mystical” of his summoning powers. He conjures a massive hook that just floats in the air. It looks like the hook from an Earthy construction crane. The Sky Hook is rock steady, mentally directed, and supports up to 10 tons. He uses it to support a wooden Gondola (suspended with heavy chains) and flies at a speed of 30 miles an hour. The Sky Hook will last until he dismisses it, or until he loses consciousness.

Weapons: Can summon floating weapons from Earth, but only one of the choices below at a time. When out of ammo, or if he just wills it, they disappear. Interestingly he is limited to those weapons he has personally used. Too bad he never joined the army.

1. Deer Rifle (with scope) 4 shots (he used this when hunting as a human)
  2. Two Colt 45 revolvers 6 shots each
  3. Civil War Cannon fires a single 16 inch steel ball. He was in a historical recreation society. Useful to persuade Dragons into leaving gondolas alone.

Food: a plate of food from any human restaurant on earth. When done he sends back to Earth all the leftovers, plates and silverware. He can summon a menu as well.

Side note: Steve has retained his human omnivorous nature. He can and will eat meat frequently. But its always from Earth, and he hides his tastes from Equestrians.

Drink: a glass/container of any size drink from Earth. Again he will just return to Earth any glassware when he is done.

Earth objects:  any small tool or manufactured object from earth. Hand tools. Camping gear, flashlights, lighters, etc. He is limited to objects weighing 15 pounds or less.

These objects are permanent, unless he sends them back. This is how he makes his living…selling stuff from Earth.

Mirror Mirror:  He can use any mirror to look back intro Earth’s dimension. He will use this to go “shopping” for new items he can use or sell. He knows he is stealing, so he tries not to take from individuals, but rather from warehouses, manufacturing centers, and stores where losses can be written off at tax time. He certainly will not touch treasures of famous objects of art. He has no intention of finding out if Earthly authorities can cross the dimensional border.

---He will pass out free Hasbro toy ponies to colts and fillies at each stop.

He can use the mirror to watch television and surf the internet, but he cannot interact with anyone on earth. This style of communication is strictly one way.

Empty the trash:  He can send anything from Equestria back to Earth. Unlike his summoning powers, weight is no limit. But living things are immune to this spell. He has deliberately chosen a deserted island near the arctic as his waste bin. But he can dump his trash anywhere he wants if he uses his mirror.  To his credit, he has resisted the urge to dump disgusting things on the head of hated human politicians.

This spell does serve a secondary use. He uses another isolated island as a warehouse for objects he wants to store: such as sellable items he prefers not to carry in his gondola.

Edited by Silverhoof

• 1 month later...

Dikra Night's spell list:

Shadow Walker: Teleport to any shadow within a 100 ft distance

Shadow Puppet: Take control of a living organism by touching their shadow

Shadow Rune: Casts a rune that swallows any victim that touches it, taking them to the shadow world

Shadow form: Takes form of a shadow figure that can interact with items face-to-face

Night-time advantage: Increases power during night-time

Shadow ball: Casts a ball that deals physical damage to victim

Shadow Eyes: Eyes glow bright white, paralyzing the target who makes eye-contact

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the standard telekinesis and whatnot, I get the feeling I'd be more specialized in medical magic. It should be noted that said telekinesis would have a myriad of uses for that purpose, such as removing foreign objects, manipulation of various instruments, etc.

1: Basic healing. Closes wounds, disinfects, all that jazz. Not the most potent on extensive trauma, but it can deal with minor stuff pretty easily.

2: Conjuration. Think the "bound" spells from the Elder Scrolls. Should I be lacking a necessary object, I'd make a solid magic version of it that can only last for a limited time. Good in a pinch, but not reliable.

3: Electricity. Mostly making me a living defib unit. Able to send a large jolt of electricity on contact. Not the most everyday useful, but life-saving when used.

4: Anesthetic. Basically, delivers either a local or general anesthetic effect through contact. Useful in case a more intrusive approach is necessary.

5: Time slow. When seconds count, gives the user the illusion of having more of them. Slows down time from the user's perspective, allowing them to do more in less time. 

• Brohoof 1

All of what Repulse is capable of doing has to do with gravity and other push/pull forces, so I'll just list some variations he has for gravity magic.

Gravitational Epicenter. He can repel or attract objects away from or to himself, using himself as an epicenter. The speed at which the objects are repelled or attracted depends on how much force and thus concentration is used.

Zero-Gravity Field. He can turn gravity 'off' in about a one-hundred foot radius or so for ten to twenty seconds. Useful for anything from stopping an attacker in their tracks, to entertaining friends at a party.

Weightless Cloud Object. A slight variation of the former ability, Repulse is capable of turning gravity off on specific objects. The duration lasts far longer than his zero-gravity field, and he can do it on multiple objects. He's also been known to use this power to create floating nap platforms out of rock or brush (much akin to how pegasi sleep on clouds, thus, the appropriate spell name).

G-Force Control. Not a specific spell, but more of a situational advantage Repulse has over other unicorns when it comes to moving objects. Where most unicorns use levitation, which requires consistent concentration to maintain objects within one's magical aurora, Repulse's ability to remove gravity from the area around him or from specific objects allows him to easily move all kinds of objects with less effort than what's required for even standard levitation spells.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Aside from the standard telekinesis the only magic I want the unicorn oc that I'm planning to have is magic canceling. As in No one can use magic in the area. That includes pegasus and earth pony magic.

Edited by Foreigner and Lover
  • Brohoof 1

Fireblaze's spells usually consist of spells that are usually complex or full of fire based spells that she uses in combat in defense,

Fire Manipulation: The ability to manipulate any form of fire into her favor and use it to her advantage in combat.

Fire Compulsion: The ability to summon fires, turn them into any form, and use them in any way.

Repulse Formation: The ability to track movements, find coordinates of any enemy, and finding their location in seconds.

• Brohoof 1

My List Of Spells -

1. Transparency/Invisibility - So I could walk through objects and go about without being noticed. (( Not like it makes any difference from real life. The invisibility, I mean. ))

2. Shape Shifting - You can tell by the name; so I will be able to shift into whatever I want.

3. A Silver Tongue - Being able to charm people/ponies into doing my bidding. Not too much power for me, though.

4. Seeing The Future - I'd be able to see the future, but not be able to travel into it.

Not too much of course, there's no such thing as a OP unicorn. Well, before Starswirl or Twilight. (( Before she became a alicorn. ))

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Endless Knowledge- The ablility to learn any and every magic spell

Dimensional Rift- A hole between dimensions that can be used to trap an opponent, or store an endless ammount of crap to access later.

Time/Space Warp- The ability to bend time and space around the user to teleport anywhere and anywhen they want. Also useful to bend projectiles and other attacks around you.

Energy Pool- allows the user to take energy out of living things in the surroundings, and store them in inanimate objects, usually gemstones.

Light Bending- The ability to bend light around the user or any object of choice, making it invisible.

Invisible Barrier- Basically just a giant shield bubble.

Matter Shifting- Matter isn't very condensed, I could manipulate it to move, compact or expand as I wished, allowing me to move through objects.

Gravity Manipulation- The ability to turn gravity off/on or make it push things in different directions. Useful for walking on walls, or sliding up a spiral staircase that lasts for a few floors.

Jack of All Trades- Gives the user temporary knowledge on any subject.

Super Stache- Gives the target an incredibly good looking mustache. Completely permenant, but won't grow back if cut.

I'm an alicorn, I can have as many spells as I want. All my "just for fun" spells I have not listed. Otherwise it might take up a whole page.

Edited by Golden Everfree
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

1 a shadow that protect me from any unicorns attacks

2 the ability of telekinesis like Psycho Mantis

3 The ability of see throught walls

4 The ability of create any elemental psi ball

Ooh this is an interesting question!

I'm assuming Telekinesis is a given since all unicorns can do it by default.

Teleportation (envision where I want to go and go there)

Shapeshifting (but like animorph style)

Freeze (Freezing the threat/opponent in an ice cube for 20 minutes)

Beautification (make everything and everyone pretty!)

Language Manipulation (like how Starfire has to kiss someone on the lips to be able to speak heir language)

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to the stuff all unicorns can do, my unique abilities would be:

Answer Dowsing: Just like how Rarity's horn helps her find gemstones for her designs, my horn would hone in on just the right book that contains the answer to our predicament. Even if the pages were torn off and scattered all over, my horn will find them, and I'll absorb the missing pages until they'll all back together again. (i.e If I was there in the Crystal Empire with the Mane Six, I would have immediately found the book "History of the Crystal Empire" for them from the moment they stated what they were looking for.

Visual Aid: Similar to Luna showing about the moon rise on the 3rd night in Equestria Girls, or Twilight projecting a digraph to show what's going on, this spell would make it easy to Show, not just tell what's on my mind

Disney Object Creating: I would be capable of creating objects that came from the animated world of Disney (ie: Shield of Virtue, Mighty Sword of Truth, Enchanted Rose, Genie's Lamp, The Fairies' Wands) . The object would look 100 percent like the original object drawn and animated in its original Disney style even in this Flash animated world of talking pastel-colored ponies. (Think Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog, The Lion King) Using these objects can affect someone and/or something that is Disney. (Like the Sword of Truth on a revenge-seeking Dragon Maleficent)

If we were including using a magical artifact similar to an  Element of Harmony (hypothetically speaking, I would represent HOPE), one more ability would be:

Animated Magic Mixing:With my Sorcerer's Hat-like Element, I can take my Disney magic and make it fuse with Equestrian Magic into an healthy mix of Flash and Disney Renaissance animation that's capable of affecting people and things that have a mixture of both Disney and Equestria inside them. (This is what I mean by my Signature line "Sharing Disney is an easy feat and Magic makes it all complete")

Confused? Let me explain:

Think of all of My Little Pony (FiM, the older generations, and the setting of Equestria Girls) as one multiverse, Disney (animated films, live-action films, sitcoms, animated t.v. shows) as another, and Our Wold (Real, live-action, no magic) as a third multiverse. Magic that's purely from the MLP-verse would have no effect on someone/something from the Disney-verse and vice-versa. Basically my A.M.M. ability would help the magics of both verses come together to defeat, say, an savvy Disney villain that managed to make his/herself part MLP-verse to immune themselves to 100% Pure Disney Magic or 100% Pure Equestrian Magic So there you have it. My hypothetical Element of Hope can help the other Elements of Harmony defeat a mix of Disney and MLP adversaries.

And that's what my powers would be. Your thoughts?

Edited by WiiGuy

Spells? I don't do spells. I do freestyle psionics. And what I would do with it? Well:

1. Shapeshifting

2. Array of various kinetic pulses for self-defense and mobility

3. Enhanced physical capabilities

4. CAR. Just car. SUUUPAAAAA DOOOORIFTOOOO

5. Teleportation

6. Time manipulation.

7. Dimensional travel, combined with #1, #3, sometimes #4, and #6.

The rest, I'll just make up on the spot.