Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you're a unicorn, what is your list of magical spells?

MagicalStarRain

I don't want a list that's so long you could fit it all into a chapter book. I want a max of 5 spells, each with a description of the effects that occurs,and any consequences you wish to add. And please, don't add telekinesis to your list, since every single unicorn can use that. If your telekinesis(levitation) has some additional effect or if it's stronger or weaker than the rest, then go ahead and add it. If you want to add a spell from the show, go ahead, but I really prefer that you make up your own.

Here's my list

Color Swap- Changes an object's color

Sparkle Spell- makes an object shiny and glittery

Water Shield- Conjures loads of flower petals to act as a shield

Water Samurai- Conjures a sword made from flowers

Magical Rainfall- Causes the area to rain with drops of pure magic. The more friends in the area, the more powerful the spell gets

Edited by MagicalStarRain
  • Brohoof 2

Okay, since little miss sunshine Coco is a pegasus, here´s Melting Ice´s spellbook:

Getting 20% cooler - Cools/freezes the targeted area. Can be used in combat or to heal burned areas.

Frostfire bolt - Launches a bolt of frostfire, causing damage and slowing the target

Frost/Fire shield - Creates either frost (protection) or fire (damage) shield.

Blizzard/Firestorm - Causes nearby cloud to grow and rain either large pieces of frost or firedrops

Phoenix Heart - The caster turns into the ashes, able to reappear in different area.

• Brohoof 3

Let's start by getting this out of the way: the plural of "pegasus" is NOT "pegasi" it is actually

Common mistake.

Well, before I've gone to the brony side (assuming the whole "title" thing isn't valid), I saw this guy who made an a-pony-calypse comic and his ponysona used ice-manipulation. To counter this, I'd go for fire and heat manipulation. One of a million, I presume.

As for spellbook, fire based attacks as well as:

Fire portal: Manipulate green flame to create a portal between two locations or simply engulfing the target with it to send it elsewhere.

Fire wings: Use ambient fire or simply conjure some to create a pair of wings.

Eta Carinae: This one I've based it off of of said ponysona's Absolute-0-like spell. Except this spell actually heats things to the temperature of said star (hottest in the universe).

Edited by Xidphel
  • Brohoof 1

Awwwh yeah, unicorn powers are a go!

Telekinesis- Pretty much a necessity if I want live with a sedentary lifestyle.

Magic Barrier- Another necessity if I want to live my sedentary lifestyle, coupled with the alienation of the world. c:

That's pretty much all I need. It's not like I need to go save the world any time soon.

Edited by moT
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm probably these,

1. Able to hold or control multiple thing, like multi-tasking.

2. Yea, magic barrier

3.finnaly (if in self-defense): Mind-control,definetly

Those would be mine, mainly definsive stuff, and multi-tasking, Eyep

• Brohoof 1

Well, if I was a unicorn, these would be my spells!

Lecture of Death: Spell summons a history book, of which said lecture shall kill/KO an enemy depending on its strength.

Luck O' the Irish: Spell increases good fortune/luck for 5 minutes

Rank an' File: Spell summons a musket with attached bayonet for self defence!

Home Sweet Home: Spell teleports caster back to Kansas ;)

Faugh A Ballagh!: (old 18th century irish battle cry meaning "clear the way!") Spell puts caster under a temporary 'patriotic explosion' that will increase bravery and morale

• Brohoof 1

The ones I made up for my stories were:

Self Cloak: Personal cloaking field but the user must remain stationary to use it.

Wall Walking: Pretty self explanatory, the ability to walk up vertical walls.

Image Transmission: User can send a short term memory image to a target pony. So, stand back and view an image, close your eyes, cast the spell and think of the pony to send it to and they receive that image. (For a more powerful pony this could be used as a telepathic messaging system.)

And that's all Shadow really has. As a story unicorn. I can't over burden him with powers. Cuz Twilight is a freak when it comes to magic, most other ponies only have one or two spells that are special to them.

• Brohoof 1

Dimension Door - Similar to the level 4 Wizard spell, allowing instantaneous travel over short distances.

Invisibility - Similar to the level 2 Wizard spell, which makes the caster invisible until he attacks another creature.

Project Image - Similar to the level 6 Wizard spell, the caster creates an illusory double of himself that mimics his actions, unless he focuses on having it do or say something else, or nothing at all. The caster shares the senses of his double at will. Useful as a decoy in dangerous situations.

Otiluke's Freezing Sphere - This 6th level Wizard spell has three forms for different purposes: Frigid Sphere projects a small sphere of ice that can freeze water or any water-based liquid up to 6 feet in depth and a surface area of 100 feet. Cold Ray causes a beam of cold to emanate from the caster's hand (horn) to cause harm to whomever it strikes. Globe of Cold creates a different type of frozen sphere that detonates upon impact when thrown, causing freezing damage to everything within a 10-foot radius.

Purify Food and Drink - Same as the Wizard cantrip that makes spoiled or contaminated food and water safe for consumption.

• Brohoof 1

Can I put all of my points into the Telekinesis so I can swing bucking trees like they were nothing but plastic toys? :wacko:

It would be damn awesome if I can simply uproot dozens of trees, fling them all to Canterlot as if they were a mortar :P

• Brohoof 2

As for me:

-Force Sensitivity: Like in Star Wars, I will be able to feel and manipulate objects with my mind.

-Cloak: As in invisibility

-Time Traveller: Be able to travel to any point and time in space.

-Ghast: Be able to go against gravity and drift around/fly.

-Hornsaber: Turn my horn into a lightsaber, whose color is the same color as my unicorn magic aura.

-Supercomputer Capabilities: Run similations and process equations with my mind and think faster than anypony around me.

-Telepaphy: Talk to other ponies with my mind.

-Instant Swag: Grab everypony's attention and become popular instantaneously.

Yeah thats about it. More then enough I think!

As for me:

-Force Sensitivity: Like in Star Wars, I will be able to feel and manipulate objects with my mind.

-Cloak: As in invisibility

-Time Traveller: Be able to travel to any point and time in space.

-Ghast: Be able to go against gravity and drift around/fly.

-Hornsaber: Turn my horn into a lightsaber, whose color is the same color as my unicorn magic aura.

-Supercomputer Capabilities: Run similations and process equations with my mind and think faster than anypony around me.

-Telepaphy: Talk to other ponies with my mind.

-Instant Swag: Grab everypony's attention and become popular instantaneously.

Yeah thats about it. More then enough I think!

• Brohoof 1

Well, since I really haven't fleshed out Blackcats magical abilities, I guess I'll list Olive Branches Skills

Olive Branch is based around the idea of mental peace. As such, his magic is focused mainly around effecting the emotions of himself and others. His powers are tied deeply to empathy.

Astral Projection: One of the only standard sort of magic things that Olive is good at. He can't teleport, but he can sure as sugar project a spirit version of himself to any location he knows about for a good while. Effective for attending meetings, or evesdropping.

Emotional Telepathty: Olive Can sense the emotions of those around him. The more disturbed and chaotic the emotions, the more he can feel it. Part of what drives him to continuously help others find peace with themselves is so that he can have some peace himself.

Peaceful Influence: Olives patented power. Discovered when he obtained his cutie mark. Summons an ethereal dove that shrouds the nearby area in an aura that soothes the mind and body. Standing in it makes ponies feel as though they've just soaked in the best, most comfortable, hot tub bubble bath ever. Makes Angry or intensely emotional ponies much easier to approach and talk to.

Musical Influence: This is an offshoot of Olives Peaceful Influence spell, only it has many more uses. Considering that music all by itself can alter the mood of a pony, Olive uses music tied in with his emotion based magic to help alter a ponies mood to whichever best suits the occassion. This is essentially the skill that all bards seem to have in video games. Play music, give others a buff.

In another's Hooves: Kind of like possession except not. With this skill Olive can essentially share a ponies body without assuming control. He will experience all of their senses, but retain his own mind. This allows him to experience a situation, without the bias of the experiences of other ponies affecting him. Allowing him to better mediate the situation.

• Brohoof 2

Rather than giving myself a set of spells, I will use two OCs instead. I don't pretend to be them, they are like characters I've created for a story. (Yes, in a complete turn around, I have started writing fanfiction, and I hate fanfiction. You did it, you maniacs. You blew it up!)

OC 1 Name: Last Line

Spells:

Cloak of Shadows - Become invisible to sight, and sound from hoof-steps is nullified. It can also be extended slightly, so that perhaps two ponies close by on either side could be inside the cloak, and share its effects.

Sympathetic Tracking - Using a focus that is connected in some way to the target, the user will know the direction in which the target lies. (For example, a lock of hair from a pony's mane could be used to track that pony.)

Both of these ideas are inspired by Jim Butcher's series The Dresden Files. (Veils and Tracking spells specifically).

OC 2 Name: Silver Bell

Spells:

Enchant instrument - Can "program" a musical instrument to play a particular melody known to the user. Once programmed, the instrument can be triggered, and will play itself. Several instruments can be enchanted at once, but the more instruments, the more tiring the spell.

Auto-amplify - A spell that can be used to amplify a pony's voice.

Feedback Attack - A spell that generated a high pitched squeal, just like audio feedback. It is sufficiently loud to seriously hamper any attacker, and the user and allies are not affected. How does it distinguish enemies and allies? Duh, it's magic.

That's my five, split among two OCs. :D

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

Well, if I WAS a unicorn, instead of a pegasus, I suppose my spells would be the following:

Guardian of the Night - gives me the power and skills necessary to be a defender of justice and muffin lovers everywhere (and saves me the trouble of having to have years of training, cause let me tell ya, that @hit was hard!!! :ph34r: )

Suit-Up Spell - for when I need to suit-up on the go, this spell instantly changes my current wardrobe into my Derp Knight suit! Let me tell ya, it's awesome, and way more convenient than having to find some random phone booth (suck it Supermare!!!!! :angry:).

Muffin-Button Spell - undoubtedly the greatest spell in my arsenal, this spell allows me to manifest a muffin out of thin air whenever I want to!!!!! I don't really need to explain why that's awesome, do I? B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

Mine would be:

Instant repair - A spell to repair any damaged item.

Healing - A spell to heal wounds (not big ones).

Barrier - A protective barrier to defend from spells and physical harm.

Telekinesis - A spell to move items and, if necessary, attack.

• Brohoof 1

Aw yeah!

Soul warmth: this spell will alow be to hug anyone, telepathically. Yep, you read me! Only the one I'm 'hugging' will be able to feel the...err YAY :D

Icing rise: I would be able to produce as much icing as I want (mmmmm, Icing. Drool)

Melody remedy: My on-command band, back up singers (Sweetie Belle would really help me with this spell) and crazy, over-the-top props.

• Brohoof 1

Invisibility spells. I'd like to prank people by making their things invisible, or making myself invisible.

Ice spells. It'd be fun to turn my surroundings into a winter wonderland when I feel like it.

Telekinesis spells. Moving things with my mind? Hell yeah.

Manipulation spells. Toying with people's emotions and making them feel what I want them to.

• Brohoof 1

Any five Spells, huh? Ok, if you say so...

Delayed Blast Fireball - This would be my main damage-dealing spell if I was a Unicorn studying magic. Being able to cast a fireball and control when it detonates would definitely be great for crowd control.

Wall of Iron - This is both a defensive and offensive spell. It can provide protection from being attacked, while at the same time, be pushed over to damage enemies.

Energy Drain - The spell I'd use to deal with opponents stronger than myself. Pretty self-explanatory.

Summon Monster IX - All the benefits of lower tier monster summoning, along with the ability to summon a higher tier monster. Who can say no to that? Extra allies means extra defenses.

Wish - Finally, the big gun in my arsenal. If all else fails, I could use this in an emergency to get out of most situations, or turn a situation in my favor. Really, it can do anything you can think of. Of course, it can only be used once a week and it costs alot of gems to use, so it would need to be used sparingly.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

My OC, Wits End, studies Metamagic, so he has an incredible diversity of Magic. However, until he gets really good, he doesn't have ridiculous amounts of power, so his magic is more subtle.

-Temporal Manipulation

Without an external power source, outright temporal displacement (time travel) is nigh impossible. However, he can speed up or slow down time, detect its facets, and isolate errors in temporal flow.

- Multiversal Awareness/Prophesy

This one is largely unique to Wits. He acts as an antenna for dimensional static, which allows him to see other possible timelines. With sufficient practice (perfected at age approx. 20-21) he can scan the alternate timelines for possible futures and decide which is most likely.

- Magical Energy Control

Since all spells require energy of some form, Wits' study of magic via magic would have neccesitated learning this vital skill. He can look at the flow of a magical spell, isolate the energy derived therefrom, and mess with it to his hearts content. He can use a counterspell for simple spells or if he aware of the nature of a spell (usually requires a time component, 15-30 seconds depending on the spell). Also, he can draw upon alternate sources of energy for a spell, such as leylines or other ponies if they grant him the energy he needs.

-Aura Detection/Manipulation

All ponies are inevitably linked to magic, which creates an aura. Wits' specialty studies into this area to determine why he is a beacon for dimension static has given him a unique knowledge in this field. As a result, he can study other ponies' auras and detect flaws or wounds, as well as basic patterns and layouts. Using this knowledge, he can heal or maim to his hearts content.

-Dimension Magic

Wits' favorite field, because it involves 5th-dimension architecture. Put broadly, he knows about dimensions, be it spacetime, the multiverse, or (in humorous cases) the 4th wall. It gives him an incredible ability to deal with them, though it is VERY energy consuming and requires an external power source at all times, lest Wits collapse from exhaustion and potentially die.

All in all, his greatest skills lie with subtle magics, and using powers sources for more difficult ones.

The use of DnD spells is interesting, but does MLP:FiM follow a Vancian system? Magic is greatly effected and controlled by motive and emotion, so it seems like they would change the spells to a degree than the Vancian framework would not allow, thus making such "formal spells" not possible. I would argue that the magic in this world is developed into a "school" system, with each school (Teleportation, Levitation, Fashion, Beard-making) being learned all at once, and that "spells" are a single application of each individual school.
  • Brohoof 1

Awkward haze.

Causes all people affected to suddenly become quiet and shiftily look at their shoes, avoiding each other's gaze.

QWOPpers Gonna QWOP

Causes the afflicted to lose all control of their limbs and other appendages.

Medical Attention

Can heal most minor, and some major injuries.

Ninja

Can teleport short distances, turn invisible, mute hoofsteps, etc.

Critical Mass

Can self destruct, or catch fire.

• Brohoof 1

The use of DnD spells is interesting, but does MLP:FiM follow a Vancian system?

Not necessarily, though it would be quite easy to make a D20 system based on ponies. I just used those spells, because the topic said we could list any five spells.

• Brohoof 1

My OC Data would have these:

Build!: Makes a set of tools to build anything

Levitate: Levitate things (duh)

Motor: Use the mechanics he builds

Invisibility: He turns invisible

Shield: A magical orb to shield whoever and whatever he wants

Gatling Gun: Shoots powerful attack orbs at hostiles

Medic: Heals anything

There are more but I'm too lazy to put them up...

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 1

My own list of spells:

LIKE A BOSS - When using the spell, a voice yells ''LIKE A BOSS!''

YOU. ARE. DEAD. - Spell name pretty much sums it up. :P

Useless Spell - Does nothing.

Chair! - Turns you're best friends into a nice, fluffy, chair.

Bow Chicka Bow Wow! - Love Spell! :L

And.. I got nothing.

• Brohoof 1

Here are some of my OC's spells

My OC Pony, Thunder-Dash, has been studying magic, even though he is not a unicorn. He can use his magic through his electricity.

1. Remover Spell - If sompony or someone is under en evil foe's mind control, this spell completely wipes out the mind control and returns them to normal. If used on the foe itself, wipes out their memory and turns them into good

2. Extras remover/giver Spell - Can remove any extra parts of anypony (ie. wings, horns) and give them back, or can give these extras to any earth pony.

3. Restoration Spell - If two ponies are arguing destructively, this spell wipes their memory of the argument and makes the two agree with each other.

4. Sparkle Spell - This spell clothes Thunder-Dash in bright sparkles. This is only used in flight competitions and performances.

5. See-though Spell - This spell allows Thunder-Dash to see through walls, buildings and other structures. It can also allow him to see though evil foes disguised as good characters (ie. seeing though a changeling)

These are just five of the spells Thunder-Dash knows. He also taught himself the jewel spell (The one Rarity uses to look for jewels). He also has the basic levitation spell.

Edited by Thunder-Dash
  • Brohoof 1