Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Season Three React Video Project

NavelColt

My roomies and I might try to shoot some footage for ya. I'll see if we can get something a little higher quality than webcam footage, too.

I wouldn't mind recording myself watching the first couple of episodes for all of bronydom to see.

Sign me up for footage, this project sounds fun :)

Great, everyone is currently added to the list. Keep in mind that even though there may appear to be a lot of you, it's vital that each and every person who says they're capable of doing this, tries their best to do it. Don't think 'oh well, they've got tons of other people, it'll be fine if I forget or just don't do it', because chances are some people aren't going to be able to do this thanks to life's unpredictability getting in their way. The vaster our pool of members sending in videos, thusly the more footage we get, the better the video will be in the end.

Thanks to everyone so far for signing up ^-^ I'm currently discussing with Tich, Flare and Feldicorn our editor front. Unless that falls through, I won't be pushing that much in here yet, so just be patient.

Great, everyone is currently added to the list. Keep in mind that even though there may appear to be a lot of you, it's vital that each and every person who says they're capable of doing this, tries their best to do it. Don't think 'oh well, they've got tons of other people, it'll be fine if I forget or just don't do it', because chances are some people aren't going to be able to do this thanks to life's unpredictability getting in their way. The vaster our pool of members sending in videos, thusly the more footage we get, the better the video will be in the end.

Thanks to everyone so far for signing up ^-^ I'm currently discussing with Tich, Flare and Feldicorn our editor front. Unless that falls through, I won't be pushing that much in here yet, so just be patient.

Y'know what... Just go ahead and slap me on there. xD I'll just have to deal with it. :D Hopefully the majority can hold back from their... Indecencies for the most part. :D
  • Brohoof 1

I have a webcam and would love to do this.

I do not know exactly when I can do the recording since I don't get the Hub, but if I find a livestream I will be watching it that way, and if not it wont be until an hour or two after the main première on youtube.

But yes I do have a webcam and will record my first reactions to watching the start of season 3.

• Brohoof 1

My webcam is not to be trusted, but I can try and do this. So we just record like 2 minutes of our thoughts on S3? And this is going to be forum wide, probably not youtube, I hope. ^_^

Nope :3 You set your webcam to run throughout the entire episode, as you watch it for the first time. That's why it's called a reaction video. And yeah, Feld0's mentioned that it doesn't need to be an internet thing, it can be just for this forum's use, since it's made by us.

Haha sign me up! I've always wanted to do a reaction video of some sort, so I'm glad that I could become a part of this! Since I get the hub, I'll probably watch and record it as it airs (and I'll cut out the commercials).

• Brohoof 2

You know, as well as reacting I would be happy to help edit if anyone isn't already planning on doing so? I like to think that I'm pretty good at editing things relatively comically, and I do go to art school for photo/video ^_^ Oh man I'm so excited!

You know, as well as reacting I would be happy to help edit if anyone isn't already planning on doing so? I like to think that I'm pretty good at editing things relatively comically, and I do go to art school for photo/video ^_^ Oh man I'm so excited!

Excellent. I'll add you onto both lists. If Tich and Flare03 are somehow unable to do the editing, you'll be someone we might go to ^^

Oh jeez I'm so excited, I should make a reaction video to me finding out we were gonna make a reaction video cause I squealed when I found this thread haha. I'M JUST SO PUMPED FOR THE NEW SEASON GUYS I CAN'T TURN CAPS LOCK OFF! OH GLOB !

I'd love to be part of this! Only problem is, I know people will be annoyed by this, but I would appreciate it if there was a "no inappropriate content" rule. You know, no swearing, that biz. if there's such a rule, I'm in! :D

TL;DR: I'd like to give reaction footage, but I am a Christian, and would like to be able to watch the video once it's done, so a no-swearing rule would be appreciated. ;)

Oh, I forgot to ask, so I can understand you're not okay with swearing, and I don't want to offend you. Do you mind if we swear the fun way? Like... in the past couple weeks I've completely replaced the f-word (one of my favorite words ever) with fluff or lump. So I'll get all mad and be like "WHAT THE FLUFF MAN" because it sounds so much funnier. So would you mind doing something like that? I doubt it would be hard for us to work something like that out, a kind of compromise I suppose for those who like to be expressive :P

Well DUUHH, I am way more awesome than everyone else here so I'm the obvious option.

A slight problem though, I haven't really used my webcam before (i.e not done these kinds of things before) so I don't really know how to handle it >_>

Well DUUHH, I am way more awesome than everyone else here so I'm the obvious option.

A slight problem though, I haven't really used my webcam before (i.e not done these kinds of things before) so I don't really know how to handle it >_>

You can experiment around with it and figure out how to run it :3 Not too hard. Just need to open your webcam program, whatever is happens to be, hit record, hit stop when you're done, then retrieve the video from wherever it saved.

Well, I find this interesting and would like to partake in it. I am 17 years old male, if that information is of any importance. Now I'm new to the forums and probably don't have any right to take the/a position as Video Editor, as I believe I have to earn my way into a community before I can do anything, I doubt that anyone would trust me with the responsibility. I do believe I can do it. As I am a Youtuber (Not popular). I would give the finished video to a much more suitable channel.

These are the things I would use for editing: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11, Sound Forge Audio Studio. Any other software would be for things like music (Magix Music Maker) and art (Gimp) I prefer though that music and art be suggested or given, as this isn't my project, other then bringing it all together.

Hopefully I'm not the only editor. I saw no one in the list for editors. Thats why I am willing to help as there doesn't seem to be anyone who will edit. Hopefully more people help editing, as another person's view always brings the best in everything.

- Maxos

Edited by Maxos
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I find this interesting and would like to partake in it. I am 17 years old male, if that information is of any importance. Now I'm new to the forums and probably don't have any right to take the/a position as Video Editor, as I believe I have to earn my way into a community before I can do anything, I doubt that anyone would trust me with the responsibility. I do believe I can do it. As I am a Youtuber (Not popular). I would give the finished video to a much more suitable channel.

These are the things I would use for editing: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11, Sound Forge Audio Studio. Any other software would be for things like music (Magix Music Maker) and art (Gimp) I prefer though that music and art be suggested or given, as this isn't my project, other then bringing it all together.

Hopefully I'm not the only editor, as another person's view always brings the best in everything.

- Maxos

New or not, if you have the tools and ability to edit, I'll gladly add you to our potential editors list for reference, in case we need you ^^

You can experiment around with it and figure out how to run it :3 Not too hard. Just need to open your webcam program, whatever is happens to be, hit record, hit stop when you're done, then retrieve the video from wherever it saved.

I don't even know what I have T_T

Can't I just download some random program? There must be several available (free or paid, doesn't matter really).

I don't even know what I have T_T

Can't I just download some random program? There must be several available (free or paid, doesn't matter really).

Google is your best friend :3 You can search for any number of downloadable webcam programs, yes. I can't name any off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 1

I succeeded in finding a program for me to use. Going to toy around with it a bit tomorrow.

now, to create the perfect plan to get rid of all the other applicants in order to secure my spot

Alright, thank you for the honor. Just let me know when or if you need me. If I may ask, how would one be able to receive the videos? Got any plans on what everyone should use?

- Maxos

Edited by Maxos

Alright, thank you for the honor. Just let me know when or if you need me. If I may ask, how would one be able to receive the videos? Got any plans on what everyone should use?

- Maxos

Like the initial post says, using Youtube might be a good idea since it's simple for everyone. People can make their videos unlisted, ergo only viewable via the URL link which the owner of the video gives out.

• Brohoof 1

Oh jeez I'm so excited, I should make a reaction video to me finding out we were gonna make a reaction video cause I squealed when I found this thread haha. I'M JUST SO PUMPED FOR THE NEW SEASON GUYS I CAN'T TURN CAPS LOCK OFF! OH GLOB !

Oh, I forgot to ask, so I can understand you're not okay with swearing, and I don't want to offend you. Do you mind if we swear the fun way? Like... in the past couple weeks I've completely replaced the f-word (one of my favorite words ever) with fluff or lump. So I'll get all mad and be like "WHAT THE FLUFF MAN" because it sounds so much funnier. So would you mind doing something like that? I doubt it would be hard for us to work something like that out, a kind of compromise I suppose for those who like to be expressive :P

That would be bearable, but like with bleep-outs, your brain knows exactly what word to replace it with. :P However, I can stand shows like Adventure Time, so I guess that would be fine. :P

EDIT: I'm still not on the footage list? :( Bubble Berry, y u hate me???

Edited by MatrixChicken

(edited)

Note: For convenience, I've added the video we're basing this idea off of in the OP to this topic, so people can get an idea for what we're trying to create, without venturing to any other topics. I imagine all of you have obviously seen it by now, but now it's there for anyone who hasn't.

EDIT: I'm still not on the footage list? :( Bubble Berry, y u hate me???

Like said below, I'm super busy right now </3 Added. I think I didn't add you right off to begin with because you seemed unsure due to not knowing if there were going to be swears or not, and I forgot to add you when you said you'd participate regardless.

Edited by ~Bubble Berry~

Oh yay ^_^ I'm glad that works for you, cause I feel like that way everyone will be happy you know? And yeah, I totally stole that idea from Adventure Time, I love Adventure Time.

But I think Bubble Berry is just busy, I'm sure you will be added to the list, don't worry my little pony ^_^