Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Season Three React Video Project

NavelColt

As most people have probably read in this topic, there's now an idea that Feld0, myself and other staff think would be a terrific community project for our board to create. And that's a forum member reaction video to the premiere of season 3, on November 10th. If you somehow have no idea what that is or what the video we're basing this idea off of is, you can either look at the sixth post in that linked topic, or check out the video again, here:

http-~~-//youtu.be/uY0lPWmKyXY

This is the official 'I have a webcam, and I'd love to do a reaction video footage on November Tenth for this project!' thread. Anyone who would like to do this, please say so in this topic. How things are going to work is going to be along these lines:

By far the easiest way to do things would be to set your computer's webcam to record video shortly before watching the premiere for the first time, then sending the recording in (which we can provide facilities for, or YouTube can be used). It would then be edited and stitched together into a single 5- to 10-minute video.

~The Almighty Feldicorn

Editors would also be required for this, in addition to all those people seeking to do reaction footage. I've contacted two forum members partially known for their video editing, Tick and Flare03, but they're not an absolute definite. So, if you're good at video editing, signing up to be someone who waits on standby for footage to be passed to you once it's all done, so that you can pick, crop and place the best reaction clips into a 5 to ten minute video, then by all means, do that :D

Please specify in your post if you'd like to be a footage person or a potential editor person.

Footage List:

• Crispy/'Not Crispy' - Working
  • The Pyro
  • Urdnot Shephard
  • Shankveld - Done
  • Artemis
  • AegisReflector - Done
  • GameRectangle - Done
  • Prof. Yana
  • Steamgamer27
  • Charming Knight
  • SongBrony - Done
  • NRL Information Minister
  • SorteKanin - Done
  • Shadow Stalker - Done
  • CoasterCrutchfield
  • Brooklyn Dash - Working
  • Skullbuster - Done
  • HauntingHour
  • Galaxyzqt
  • Page Turner - Done
  • ThatBronyGirl
  • Arrow - Working
  • morethanicecream
  • Feld0's Overlord - Done
Possible 'Back-up' Editor List:

• Brooklyn Dash
  • Maxos
  • Fox
  • Nosferatu/Jokuc
  • Delta Tangent
  • ~Chaotic Harmony~
(^ There is no fixated minimum or maximum for either of these sections) Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 14

Well, you know I'm down for it. Glad you guys thought it was a cool idea, I'm stoked to see the funny shenanigans and how everything tuns out.

Edit: For footage, yes. I don't know much of anything about editing video.

Edited by Not Crispy

Well, you know I'm down for it. Glad you guys thought it was a cool idea, I'm stoked to see the funny shenanigans and how everything tuns out.

Silly me, forgetting to specify responses of which type people want to be, in the OP. Just to humor me, you're thinking of doing footage, right?

• Brohoof 1

Unless something goes horribly wrong, count me in! I've always wanted to do something like this!

(If Sandy knocks my power out until then, I'm gonna have to kill someone)

I'd like to be recorded for footage. I'm not too great at editting.

Man, I am waaaay to excited for this season, aren't I? xD

EDIT: I hope it's a great premiere. Some episodes I don't move a muscle or say anything but other I'm actually d'awwwwing or gasping and stuff :P

Edited by Harbinger
  • Brohoof 2

I've got a camera and I don't mind recording my reaction, people can laugh at my overreacting Rarityness ;D

(should I curl my hair or leave it straight?) ~

Maybe curl it, that way you can embody Rarity a little bit more? :3 Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even seen you with curly hair, only straight o.o

I hope it's a great premiere. Some episodes I don't move a muscle or say anything but other I'm actually d'awwwwing or gasping and stuff :P

The first episode is going to be amazing :D I'm sure you'll be able to react interestingly.

• Brohoof 1

*snip*

I'd love to be part of this! Only problem is, I know people will be annoyed by this, but I would appreciate it if there was a "no inappropriate content" rule. You know, no swearing, that biz. if there's such a rule, I'm in! :D

TL;DR: I'd like to give reaction footage, but I am a Christian, and would like to be able to watch the video once it's done, so a no-swearing rule would be appreciated. ;)

(edited)

I'd love to be part of this! Only problem is, I know people will be annoyed by this, but I would appreciate it if there was a "no inappropriate content" rule. You know, no swearing, that biz. if there's such a rule, I'm in! :D

TL;DR: I'd like to give reaction footage, but I am a Christian, and would like to be able to watch the video once it's done, so a no-swearing rule would be appreciated. ;)

I can't imagine it'd have much if any swearing even if there wasn't a rule implemented specifically banning it, but just out of curiosity, would bleep outs work for you? I'm not saying that's what we'd do, I'm not going to be the guy editing the videos, but I'm curious if that makes a difference or not.

Edited by ~Bubble Berry~

Maybe curl it, that way you can embody Rarity a little bit more? :3 Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even seen you with curly hair, only straight o.o

I thought I posted more curly hair picks than straight on here but since you need to know;

Posted Image

and yes I love Rarity, but She's got like two giant curls and I do a bunch ;D ~

Sometimes I wish I was a cartoon so I could pull off her style :3

I can't imagine it'd have much if any swearing even if there wasn't a rule implemented specifically banning it, but just out of curiosity, would bleep outs work for you? I'm not saying that's what we'd do, I'm not going to be the guy editing the videos, but I'm curious if that makes a difference or not.

They'd "work", but not as well as just... Well, not swearing! :P Your brain can fill in the blanks pretty fast if it hears a bleep. xD

I just think it would be nice (and not that hard :P) for my fellow MLPForumites to kindly not swear, if possible. :D

I thought I posted more curly hair picks than straight on here but since you need to know;

and yes I love Rarity, but She's got like two giant curls and I do a bunch ;D ~

Sometimes I wish I was a cartoon so I could pull off her style :3

I see ^^ I like the curls personally, so -I'd- say go with that, but it's all up to you :3

They'd "work", but not as well as just... Well, not swearing! :P Your brain can fill in the blanks pretty fast if it hears a bleep. xD

I just think it would be nice (and not that hard :P) for my fellow MLPForumites to kindly not swear, if possible. :D

Well, once Feldicorn get's back here later today he can give his input on putting in a no swearing rule or not :3 I don't think it'd be a big deal, seeing as, like I said I don't think most members would swear intentionally anyway, but eh, you never know.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think it'd be a big deal, seeing as, like I said I don't think most members would swear intentionally anyway, but eh, you never know.

I'd totally never ever swear intentionally or anything...

In all seriousness, thar means I should keep that to a minimum? I have a tendency to cuss a little more than I'd like to :3

I'd totally never ever swear intentionally or anything...

In all seriousness, thar means I should keep that to a minimum? I have a tendency to cuss a little more than I'd like to :3

Like I said, I'm going to leave the decision of implementing a restriction on the video content to Feldy :3 His site after all, his initial 'hey, we as a staff should actually support and create this!'...plus I'm too tired to think </3

• Brohoof 1

Count me in. I've never used the webcam on that machine before so I'm not sure about its quality or whether the driver is even present. I should be able to get it working though and even if it's a bit grainy it should be good enough for what we're doing. Put me on the list.

This could be good for me too. Or at least an interesting experience. When I'm alone, I tend to holler at the TV, jump out of my seat, and react to exciting things like this:

post-6104-0-40305000-1351694421.jpg

When I'm with groups of people I tend to be extremely reserved and observe silently while still doing those things inside. Maybe I can loosen up with this format.

Now I personally plan on watching the first episode with some friends of mine. That doesn't cancel me out does it? they aren't forum members.

As long as we know who you are I don't see why it would. An even better question: y u no tell them to join the forum?!

post-6104-0-40305000-1351694421.jpg

i shall certainly join as long as being 13 isn't a big issue, i'm sure it shouldn't be but you know just in case will it be an issue?

I'll see what I can do, I can't guarantee how good the quality will be though. My web-cam sucks a lot. Maybe I'll where a mask as a gimmick or something... Would that be acceptable? I don't have to, I don't mind showing my face on the internet.

I watched that video a while back and was deeply entertained by all the reactions to the finale. This sounds really exiting, in fact, what the hell, SIGN ME UP for part of footage list!

Laptop web camera will suffice right ;)

I'd like to be in it. I saw first 8 minutes, but I'd love to show the rest of my reaction!! This is going to be "So AWESOME!" Just have to let the other brony I'm watching it with be ok with it since we watching it at his house.

Edited by SongBrony

Sign me up for footage. If I was the last Brony on Earth, I could probably cobble together a video from the various parts, but it's really unlikely I would have the time or skill to be an editor.

Count me in! I've got a camera, and I'll certainly be able to get some footage. I'll get my over-reactive face ready. I honestly think this will be awesome!