Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Season Three React Video Project

NavelColt

@@~Chaotic Discord~,

Quick thing. How late can the reaction videos be sent in. Because I want be able to actually watch the episode until late Saturday till Sunday. So if I send it in then is still alright.

A day or two wait is fine. Someone else already asked this in PM and Feld0 says a little delay is okay. Just try and not take too too long.

• Brohoof 2

Who am I sending it to? Where can I upload it? Is a laptops webcam fine? When is the episode released? Does it matter if I accidently tape unnecessary stuff, like starting/stopping the video? Will you edit stuff like that out?

GRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Okay. I've made up my mind. :/ I'm not gonna be part of this. I can only do it with a clear conscience if I know nothing bad is gonna be in it. So, yeah. Unless you can guarantee that, I'm out...

Sorry about my fickleness. :P

(edited)

Who am I sending it to? Where can I upload it? Is a laptops webcam fine? When is the episode released? Does it matter if I accidently tape unnecessary stuff, like starting/stopping the video? Will you edit stuff like that out?

You're uploading it here once it's made possible later on.

Yup.

Dunno, we'll see.

It'd be better if you not do those things, yeah.

Can I? Can I? Can I, Can I Please? I WANT TO DO THIS SO MUCH. I'd love to be in a reaction video!

This is so cool! yay. I never thought I'd get the chance to be in a reaction video because I'm not big on Youtube.

Feel free. I'm posting details relatively soon and then everyone will be doing this at ten AM tomorrow morning when the show premieres.

GRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Okay. I've made up my mind. :/ I'm not gonna be part of this. I can only do it with a clear conscience if I know nothing bad is gonna be in it. So, yeah. Unless you can guarantee that, I'm out...

Sorry about my fickleness. :P

I thought you already said that earlier :P

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

I'm gonna drop. One of my bros doesn't wanna be on the Internet, so I won't be filming video of us in order to respect his wishes. You can take me off the list.

I'm gonna drop. One of my bros doesn't wanna be on the Internet, so I won't be filming video of us in order to respect his wishes. You can take me off the list.

Eh, why don't you film only yourself then? I mean, he doesn't HAVE to be in it for you to be in it.

Also, my webcam can only save in .avi and .wmv, will this be a problem?

Eh, why don't you film only yourself then? I mean, he doesn't HAVE to be in it for you to be in it.

Also, my webcam can only save in .avi and .wmv, will this be a problem?

If it's all you have, it's going to have to suffice. The chicken says .avi is preferred to .wmv.

I'm going to be posting a huge-ass response with all the final info and such regarding this for everyone, shortly.

Alright. .__. I'll figure it out. I'll just not swear for an hour.

Wonder how the specs'll be. Might have to borrow a friends decent camera.

Break stuff in a violent rage. I'll assure you it's the next best thing~

If you're going to borrow a friend's camera... Don't break that in a violent rage for obvious reasons. >_>

We're all throwing this sort of season premier party though (all the cool kids are gonna be there, and by "cool kids" I mean "roomies"), so he's gonna be there. I can't exactly duck out on that.

Ignore this spoiler and read below, I'm just getting everyone's attention :D

Well, you know I'm down for it. Glad you guys thought it was a cool idea, I'm stoked to see the funny shenanigans and how everything tuns out.

Edit: For footage, yes. I don't know much of anything about editing video.

Im in I have a cam so I'll join this lol.

I know you probably want people with a bit more bro-hoofs than myself but I'm still here > :D

'I have a webcam, and I'd love to do a reaction video footage on November Tenth for this project!'

I think it is a great idea! I have a webcam, and I would love to show you beautiful people my beautiful face.

I've got a camera and I don't mind recording my reaction, people can laugh at my overreacting Rarityness ;D

(should I curl my hair or leave it straight?) ~

Unless something goes horribly wrong, count me in! I've always wanted to do something like this!

(If Sandy knocks my power out until then, I'm gonna have to kill someone)

I'd like to be recorded for footage. I'm not too great at editting.

Man, I am waaaay to excited for this season, aren't I? xD

EDIT: I hope it's a great premiere. Some episodes I don't move a muscle or say anything but other I'm actually d'awwwwing or gasping and stuff :P

Now I personally plan on watching the first episode with some friends of mine. That doesn't cancel me out does it? they aren't forum members.

Count me in. I've never used the webcam on that machine before so I'm not sure about its quality or whether the driver is even present. I should be able to get it working though and even if it's a bit grainy it should be good enough for what we're doing. Put me on the list.

This could be good for me too. Or at least an interesting experience. When I'm alone, I tend to holler at the TV, jump out of my seat, and react to exciting things like this:

post-6104-0-40305000-1351694421.jpg

When I'm with groups of people I tend to be extremely reserved and observe silently while still doing those things inside. Maybe I can loosen up with this format.

As long as we know who you are I don't see why it would. An even better question: y u no tell them to join the forum?!

Sign me up, brah! I'll most certainly do the footage.

Hopefully this turns out to be a fun experience! Let us all have a wonderful adventure through the Crystal Empire!

i shall certainly join as long as being 13 isn't a big issue, i'm sure it shouldn't be but you know just in case will it be an issue?

I'll see what I can do, I can't guarantee how good the quality will be though. My web-cam sucks a lot. Maybe I'll where a mask as a gimmick or something... Would that be acceptable? I don't have to, I don't mind showing my face on the internet.

I watched that video a while back and was deeply entertained by all the reactions to the finale. This sounds really exiting, in fact, what the hell, SIGN ME UP for part of footage list!

Laptop web camera will suffice right ;)

I would like to be in the reaction side of it, im not good with editing never really done anything but yea id like to do something even if its recording my self for the entertainment of others!

I'd like to be in it. I saw first 8 minutes, but I'd love to show the rest of my reaction!! This is going to be "So AWESOME!" Just have to let the other brony I'm watching it with be ok with it since we watching it at his house.

Sign me up for footage. If I was the last Brony on Earth, I could probably cobble together a video from the various parts, but it's really unlikely I would have the time or skill to be an editor.

Count me in! I've got a camera, and I'll certainly be able to get some footage. I'll get my over-reactive face ready. I honestly think this will be awesome!

I wouldn't mind recording myself watching the first couple of episodes for all of bronydom to see.

Sign me up for footage, this project sounds fun :)

I have a webcam and would love to do this.

I do not know exactly when I can do the recording since I don't get the Hub, but if I find a livestream I will be watching it that way, and if not it wont be until an hour or two after the main première on youtube.

But yes I do have a webcam and will record my first reactions to watching the start of season 3.

My webcam is not to be trusted, but I can try and do this. So we just record like 2 minutes of our thoughts on S3? And this is going to be forum wide, probably not youtube, I hope. ^_^

Haha sign me up! I've always wanted to do a reaction video of some sort, so I'm glad that I could become a part of this! Since I get the hub, I'll probably watch and record it as it airs (and I'll cut out the commercials).

You know, as well as reacting I would be happy to help edit if anyone isn't already planning on doing so? I like to think that I'm pretty good at editing things relatively comically, and I do go to art school for photo/video ^_^ Oh man I'm so excited!

i would most definantly be willing to do this, sign me up in the footage list, i would love to be a part of this, its always good to be apart of a community project

Well DUUHH, I am way more awesome than everyone else here so I'm the obvious option.

A slight problem though, I haven't really used my webcam before (i.e not done these kinds of things before) so I don't really know how to handle it >_>

Well, I find this interesting and would like to partake in it. I am 17 years old male, if that information is of any importance. Now I'm new to the forums and probably don't have any right to take the/a position as Video Editor, as I believe I have to earn my way into a community before I can do anything, I doubt that anyone would trust me with the responsibility. I do believe I can do it. As I am a Youtuber (Not popular). I would give the finished video to a much more suitable channel.

These are the things I would use for editing: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11, Sound Forge Audio Studio. Any other software would be for things like music (Magix Music Maker) and art (Gimp) I prefer though that music and art be suggested or given, as this isn't my project, other then bringing it all together.

Hopefully I'm not the only editor. I saw no one in the list for editors. Thats why I am willing to help as there doesn't seem to be anyone who will edit. Hopefully more people help editing, as another person's view always brings the best in everything.

- Maxos

Are you kidding? I'd love to do this! I love reacting to stuff in front of a Worldwide audience! I've been looking forward to Season 3 for a long time and looking forward to this.

Me! I'll just record me watching it, file might be a bit too big so I'll just do record bits and parts of me watching the full ep. This sounds hella good doee.

you know, if you guys wanted, i could promote this on various websites that i go on such as my youtube account and the like or will we just keep it to the forums? dont really want to promote it until i get say to

I love this Idea, Count me in! will we also need to answer a series of questions like in other react videos? That would be super fun.

I'll have to mess around with my webcam to make sure it's functional, but yeah, I think I can totally participate in this, if I am welcome to do so. (I dunno if anyone really wants to see my fat face.)

You can put me on the editors list. I have soooo much free time no it'd be no problem to edit. I really want to edit it though I think I can do the whole thing easily. : - )

PS I wub editing

Oh this sounds really cool! I'm a bit on the fence if I should sign up or not but eh, whatever.

Who doesn't want to see a 16 years old kid who just stares at the screen and doesn't move at all?

Haha well I'd have to watch it on livestream and then it's pretty sure I'll get annyoing ads and connection problems sometimes..

I can do editing if it is required and I hope I can record myself too :P

Even though I've been hella inactive lately, I guess I could try to sign up for this event, so add me on there. I'll try my best to get the footage cuz I've been busy lately.

Oh my gosh this sounds like fun :D Oh I want to help! Ooh! This is great :lol: Sign me up! Mine might be a bit late, the computer with the webcam is out of town for a while.. Just checked the calendar, I should be able to do it. Mind if I invite a friend to watch with me? Where do you want us to link the videos, and when is the due date?

I'd like to volunteer to be a backup editor, like to do my part for the community.

Also, what formats will the footage be in? I cannot accept .wmv.

I just found my webcam, so count me in for footage! This project will allow people to get a glimpse of the maniac behind the grumpy Tails avatar, plus I get to be a part of something hilarious and special with you guys.

It will be. :) MLP Forums never was about swearing and inappropriate content, and having a bunch of that in a video of our community would really make for a bad representation of it.

We're looking for honest, good-natured fun; not a sailor-worthy cursing competition. ;)

Wow this does sound interesting and its popularity shows so put me in the back up list please because i will be amazed.

I do have a webcam but watching that in secrecy from my dad is going to be a problem heh heh!

As long as its used with moderation i see no problem with it.

I guess this is a bad time for me to remember that I really don't like to show my face... Anywhere. I'd love to give it a try though~

If anything, I'll be a footage-person, I guess!

Wait, so this is a prewatch reaction vid? :huh: Anyway, I'd like to do a reaction vid. Can I use something other than a webcam? Say an iPad camera?

Also, if you need some somewhat basic, but professional looking, editing, I think I can do a bit through iMovie. If you want to see some of my editing and work on iMovie, here's a YouTube video

Hey guys,

not really a well known brony,

but I'd certainly sign up, have an excellent quality webcam, so I'll be able to get some footage!

thanks guys! :D

Is here where I sign up? Well, I'm signing up, wherever the sign up is. Can somepony give me a link? Can I also edit some video? I'm kinda good at it.

I suppose I'll just say "no Applejack" in a really annoyed way or something, lol.

But...it doesn't air in my country, so...can I just record it on my laptop or something?

Can I? Can I? Can I, Can I Please? I WANT TO DO THIS SO MUCH. I'd love to be in a reaction video!

This is so cool! yay. I never thought I'd get the chance to be in a reaction video because I'm not big on Youtube.

You can count me in. I'd love doing some sort of reaction to the season 3

premiere. I do have a webcam, but quality is crappy. I'll just use my flip camera instead.

Everyone who has signed up for this in one way shape or form needs to read this.

It is now about nine or so hours or so until the season three premiere airs. I'm now going to be getting into listing every last detail, specification and info you'll need before you will be all set to go and record your footage tommorow morning.

Q: "Where can I find season three? I don't have the HUB."

A: For those who can't get it on the HUB, our forum has our Synchtube party which will be airing it upon it's premiere at 10 AM EST. we have two seperate Synchtube rooms, because the rooms can only hold so many people. If you can't get into the first one, use the second one.

First Room: http://www.synchtube.com/r/mlpforums

Second Room: http://www.synchtube.com/r/mlpforums2

Q: "When is the footage due?"

A: Honestly, most of you guys should be able to make the footage and give to us relatively immediately. However, if you can't, we can wait a day or so for you to give it to us. Don't take that as an excuse to not give it to us immediately if you are capable of doing so, though :P

Q: "How should I edit my footage?"

A: You don't. The footage you all should be giving us is 100% raw. The editors who will be working on this project are the ones who are doing the only editing.

Q: "Video and audio formats? Resolution? Other Technical stuff?"

A: Video should be H.264, audio would be preferable as PCM. If that's not possible, then the highest-quality AAC you can get. If AAC is not possible, then the highest-quality MP3 you can get. Audio sample rate should preferably be 48 KHz; bit depth 24 if possible, otherwise 16. Resolution should be the highest your camera can record. If your camera cannot record in H.264, do not convert the video. Video quality should be set simply to the highest setting the camera has.

Q: "Are there any questions or topics I should talk about? I don't know what to talk about!"

A: First and foremost, don't rush. This is not something you need to feel like you need to tackle full force. Relax, watch the episodes, laugh or comment when appropriate. Aside from your reactions and casual verbal commentary to the episode, you can talk about any of these topics as they pop up, or when you feel like you can give them answers.

1) Was this a good episode?

2) Was it worth the long wait?

3) What was your favorite part?

4) What could have been done better?

5) What are your thoughts about this new villain?

Also feel free to talk about other things yourself, as well. Always remember to look at the video in the first post of this topic to get an idea for what might be good.

Q: "The OP video has a little episode screen. What does that entail for our footage?"

A: To make things easier with our editors, it'd be great if everyone could try and maintain a consistent position. If you could be more-ish on the right side (which means on the video you'll appear more on the left side. Your right is the video's left.) that'd be awesome. So for example, if this image was a Youtube video, this is what it'd look like:

Posted Image

Q: "How do I upload videos? Do I use Youtube?"

A: Nope. We will not be relying on Youtube, a third-party service, for our purposes. This entire project will probably a be a forum-only thing. Feld0 and the chicken have worked out a way for users to upload videos to the forum itself, where the editors will go and retrieve them all for editing later on.

If you have signed up to provide footage, then this is the form that you will use to upload your video:

To add your video file, use the green 'Add Files' button. Then press the blue upload button.

Upload videos through this page: http://mlpforums.com...eaction-project

Good luck everyone. If you have questions that aren't answered above or need clarification, we'd rather you submit a Support Ticket to the Tech Admins. Please use that instead of posting in here. God knows I can't help you with techy stuff :P

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 10

Ignore this spoiler and read below, I'm just getting everyone's attention :D

Everyone who has signed up for this in one way shape or form needs to read this.

It is now about nine or so hours or so until the season three premiere airs. I'm now going to be getting into listing every last detail, specification and info you'll need before you will be all set to go and record your footage tommorow morning.

Q: "Where can I find season three? I don't have the HUB."

A: For those who can't get it on the HUB, our forum has our Synchtube party which will be airing it upon it's premiere at 10 AM EST. we have two seperate Synchtube rooms, because the rooms can only hold so many people. If you can't get into the first one, use the second one.

First Room: http://www.synchtube.com/r/mlpforums

Second Room: http://www.synchtube.com/r/mlpforums2

Q: "When is the footage due?"

A: Honestly, most of you guys should be able to make the footage and give to us relatively immediately. However, if you can't, we can wait a day or so for you to give it to us. Don't take that as an excuse to not give it to us immediately if you are capable of doing so, though :P

Q: "How should I edit my footage?"

A: You don't. The footage you all should be giving us is 100% raw. The editors who will be working on this project are the ones who are doing the only editing.

Q: "Video and audio formats? Resolution? Other Technical stuff?"

A: Video should be H.264, audio would be preferable as PCM. If that's not possible, then the highest-quality AAC you can get. If AAC is not possible, then the highest-quality MP3 you can get. Audio sample rate should preferably be 48 KHz; bit depth 24 if possible, otherwise 16. Resolution should be the highest your camera can record. If your camera cannot record in H.264, do not convert the video. Video quality should be set simply to the highest setting the camera has.

Q: "Are there any questions or topics I should talk about? I don't know what to talk about!"

A: First and foremost, don't rush. This is not something you need to feel like you need to tackle full force. Relax, watch the episodes, laugh or comment when appropriate. Aside from your reactions and casual verbal commentary to the episode, you can talk about any of these topics as they pop up, or when you feel like you can give them answers.

1) Was this a good episode?

2) Was it worth the long wait?

3) What was your favorite part?

4) What could have been done better?

5) What are your thoughts about this new villain?

Also feel free to talk about other things yourself, as well. Always remember to look at the video in the first post of this topic to get an idea for what might be good.

Q: "The OP video has a little episode screen. What does that entail for our footage?"

A: To make things easier with our editors, it'd be great if everyone could try and maintain a consistent position. If you could be more-ish on the right side (which means on the video you'll appear more on the left side. Your right is the video's left.) that'd be awesome. So for example, if this image was a Youtube video, this is what it'd look like:

Posted Image

Q: "How do I upload videos? Do I use Youtube?"

A: Nope. We will not be relying on Youtube, a third-party service, for our purposes. This entire project will probably a be a forum-only thing. Feld0 and the chicken have worked out a way for users to upload videos to the forum itself, where the editors will go and retrieve them all for editing later on.

If you have signed up to provide footage, then this is the form that you will use to upload your video:

To add your video file, use the green 'Add Files' button. Then press the blue upload button.

Upload videos through this page: http://mlpforums.com...eaction-project

Good luck everyone. If you have questions that aren't answered above or need clarification, please comment and say so.

Is it ok if I upload the audio and video separately?

Windows Movie maker only records video, so I have to record the audio from Audacity, which will create 2 files. One with the video and one with the audio.

• Brohoof 1

I'll try to stay to that side. It'll depend on how I have to set things up here. Should I be forced to sit on the opposite side, I'll try to flip the video before sending it in.

I'm going to look more terrible than usual, thanks to no sleep and all this cider. You're going to get the raw, unrefined me. You've been warned.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

Is it ok if I upload the audio and video separately?

Windows Movie maker only records video, so I have to record the audio from Audacity, which will create 2 files. One with the video and one with the audio.

I think that will work just fine. The trick, in this case, will definitely be for the editors to merge the two files. Offhand, do you know what type of media files you will be uploading?

-snip-

So I cleaned my room for this ;)

I can't decide what to do for my hair, so can I film my react three times (mighty morphin' hairstyle)

Also I'll defiantly have it submitted before the end of the day. I'm a girl and I'm bat-crap crazy.

So I'm going to film myself 10000 times before I think it worthy of submission.

D:

but don't worry, something will go in before the end of the day :) thanks for your understanding ^.^ ~

• Brohoof 2

I think that will work just fine. The trick, in this case, will definitely be for the editors to merge the two files. Offhand, do you know what type of media files you will be uploading?

It would be a .wmv file for the video and and .mp3 for the audio, but they can both be converted to another format fairly easily. Either I can convert it, or the editors can convert it.

I can also merge the audio and video into one file, but if I do either one of those things, the footage I submit will not be raw.

Edited by Urdnot Shepard

Hey guys, I've edited my post; if you have a question it's probably something technical related. Please make Support Tickets in the technical category for those, instead of posting them in here. I can't really help you with tech stuff, and it's easier for Feldicorn and Chicken to help you if you use that instead of posting out of their way, in here.

Thanks~

• Brohoof 1

It would be a .wmv file for the video and and .mp3 for the audio, but they can both be converted to another format fairly easily. Either I can convert it, or the editors can convert it.

I can also merge the audio and video into one file, but if I do either one of those things, the footage I submit will not be raw.

Hmm, just make certain that the quality setting is cranked to maximum for both the video and the audio. The uploader will work for large files, so don't worry about file size.

Hey guys.

I really hate to do this but a sudden change of plans has occured and I will not be able to do this. I really hate to back out but I can't. I'm sorry.

Also, I still don't have cable or internet from Sandy, so I wouldn't be able to anyway :/

I gaud!!! I'm so excited I'm dying to see Crispy, Shankveld, Skullbuster, Kyronea and Galaxyzqt reactions.

I want to see thick thighs and crutch guy in a split screen for some odd reason XD

• Brohoof 1

I will record my reaction footage. Sorry so late. Can I be in it. I have been on YouTube for a long time and have been making videos. Hope I can help

Of course! Everyone who is able to record a reaction video during their first time watching the premiere is welcome to join this project. :)

I've added you to the list.

• Brohoof 2