Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Season Three React Video Project

NavelColt

@@Crispy, WMM files also don't contain much of your video files, they contain references to video files and project settings. It's not very useful as we only need the files.

wmv, avi, mov mpg and mp4 are acceptable as they contain actual footage.

wmv, avi, mov mpg and mp4 are acceptable as they contain actual footage.

You should have the wmv now (you or whomever receives these things first). At least, the upload page told me it worked. So I'm hoping so!

Man this is impossible. I just can't do it when my parents are home...

Maybe I could do it after school tomorrow, but that would be to stretch it out extremely... Posted Image

The uploader page gave me some kind of error "Internal Server Error" and "True" (huh what?). I'm just going to try again, sorry if it gets sent twice.

I'll do it! In fact, I'll get recording straight away. If you need like a video soon, I can do that because I'm about to go an record! If you are looking for a variety of different fans, I'm a female brony (pegasister) and I'm much younger than most on this website.

Man this is impossible. I just can't do it when my parents are home...

Maybe I could do it after school tomorrow, but that would be to stretch it out extremely... Posted Image

Take your time if you need to. We aren't anywhere close to cutting submissions off yet. :)

The uploader page gave me some kind of error "Internal Server Error" and "True" (huh what?). I'm just going to try again, sorry if it gets sent twice.

still trying to upload, for some reason its taking a long while, it says i have 7 hours, i tried letting it download over night but i guess something happened, so im trying again

Please open a support ticket if you experience trouble with the video uploader, and we can provide personal assistance and alternative solutions (if needed) to get the video up. The project threads are not an effective way to deal with such issues.

Oh god. I don't think I'll be able to do it 'till tomorrow. BTW, when should the videos be due? I guess it will be uploaded to YT sometime tomorrow, since I'm really busy now. :(

As soon as you can. We have not put a hard deadline on submissions yet, but there will be reasonable notice when we do.

We are only accepting direct uploads to MLP Forums for this project, as previously mentioned. If you experience any problems with our own video uploader, please open a ticket. You're welcome to post your video on YouTube if you want, but we kindly ask that you also upload it here to enter it into the project.

I'll do it! In fact, I'll get recording straight away. If you need like a video soon, I can do that because I'm about to go an record! If you are looking for a variety of different fans, I'm a female brony (pegasister) and I'm much younger than most on this website.

Sounds great; you're most definitely welcome to join in! I would just advise that, at your age, you ensure that your parents are aware that you are uploading a video of yourself to the Internet. MLP Forums cannot be held responsible for an awkward "they found out" situation. :P

• Brohoof 2

Take your time if you need to. We aren't anywhere close to cutting submissions off yet. :)

Hmm... how much time do I have exactly? Posted Image

I might have some time tomorrow after school if my mom works late. Thursday would work really well, but that's kinda late... Or maybe I could just skip school altogether tomorrow! Posted Image

@@Feld0,

Question: I'm about to record now, but I'm using headphones. Should I play it out loud, so that the audio can be matched up, or use headphones and have no sound.

Also, my name isn't on the list for footage person.

(Sorry for tagging you Felds, it's just I posted this a while ago, and kinda need a reply to make sure that I actually do this right :D)

Edited by DylanKLJ

I'd do it, but being a closet brony and have already saw the S3 premier. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work out :P.

I wish the best of luck to y'all with the making of this.

And also when is this suppose to be uploaded?

I HAVE GOOD NEWS GUYS!

I have done it(and I'm really fucking happy right now)

Some minor problems though, the files is 32 GB (I think someone mentioned a wawy to lower that a bit?), and the video lags quite badly at some points... I hope that doesn't matter too much, because I spent 47 minutes and that's what counts right? Posted Image

Maybe we should try to add captions? Like PewDiePie does, because sometimes it is hard to hear what I'm saying, hahaha.

EDIT: Uhhh, why is there no activity whatsoever in this thread? Is there a new thread somewhere, or have you scrapped the project? (oh please say no to that)

Edited by Arrow

I'd do it, but being a closet brony and have already saw the S3 premier. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work out :P.

I wish the best of luck to y'all with the making of this.

And also when is this suppose to be uploaded?

We don't have a firm deadline on this yet, as people are still working out the various technicalities of getting their videos to us. We'll put a final date on it at some point, however, probably when submissions more or less stop rolling in.

I HAVE GOOD NEWS GUYS!

I have done it(and I'm really fucking happy right now)

Some minor problems though, the files is 32 GB (I think someone mentioned a wawy to lower that a bit?), and the video lags quite badly at some points... I hope that doesn't matter too much, because I spent 47 minutes and that's what counts right? Posted Image

Maybe we should try to add captions? Like PewDiePie does, because sometimes it is hard to hear what I'm saying, hahaha.

EDIT: Uhhh, why is there no activity whatsoever in this thread? Is there a new thread somewhere, or have you scrapped the project? (oh please say no to that)

Open a support ticket, and we'll guide you through a process to get 47 GB of data uploaded in a sane manner. :)

As for activity... @~Chaotic Discord~ is officially in charge of this project, so something must have happened if he isn't keeping up with the thread. Sorry about that - the project has most definitely not been scrapped!

Am I too late to send in footage? I recorded it but have been very busy with school lately and assumed I missed the deadline. If you're still accepting video I would love to send mine in though! :D

We're still accepting footage! Please upload it as soon as you can; and if you run into any problems, open a ticket. Thanks!

I fucking laughed my ass off at that S2 finally xD Those bronies... Oh how my sides hurt xD I have never seen that before! How long has this bronies react thing been going on? I'd love to be in the S3 closer edition.

Correction: MLP Forums Reacts, not Bronies React. This is a little project within our own little chunk of the brony community. :)

We're trying it for the first time with the S3 premiere. There are no plans at this time to do it again, but we may consider an encore for the S3 finale if this one works out. :)

• Brohoof 2

Correction: MLP Forums Reacts, not Bronies React. This is a little project within our own little chunk of the brony community. :)

We're trying it for the first time with the S3 premiere. There are no plans at this time to do it again, but we may consider an encore for the S3 finale if this one works out. :)

Ohh okay okay. And if the S3 Premiere is as good/funny as the S2Ep25-26 edition, which I'm sure it will be, you should definitely make a *MLP Forum Reacts to S3 Finale. And I am totally all in for that! I would make some footage for the S3 opener, but I've already seen it and I can guarantee my reaction wouldn't be as funny.

Edited by Australianfries

We don't have a firm deadline on this yet, as people are still working out the various technicalities of getting their videos to us. We'll put a final date on it at some point, however, probably when submissions more or less stop rolling in.

Open a support ticket, and we'll guide you through a process to get 47 GB of data uploaded in a sane manner. :)

As for activity... @~Chaotic Discord~ is officially in charge of this project, so something must have happened if he isn't keeping up with the thread. Sorry about that - the project has most definitely not been scrapped!

We're still accepting footage! Please upload it as soon as you can; and if you run into any problems, open a ticket. Thanks!

Ok well in that case I shall wait eagerly for its release :) Thank you Feld0! This is gonna be a really cool project to see how it turns out, so I'm quite excited for the results :)

Hello everyone, we now have a completely bulletproof solution for file uploads. My apologies for the delay in getting this finished, large file uploads are a sometimes tricky problem to deal with online.

Basically, the file uploader that we had at first was, due to some hidden technological inefficiencies not really suited for extremely large file sizes. The solution to this is to use a completely different file upload solution. We are going to use FTP. The FTP protocol is probably the single most reliable file transfer protocol on the Internet today, so this should make things seamlessly easy to work with.

If you have used the old uploader in the past without receiving an error, then you should be fine. If it gave you problems, then use this new method - it is basically guaranteed to work. Without further ado, here are the new instructions:

First of all, make sure that your file or files have your username in them. This will let us easily figure out which video belongs to which user. Second, follow one of these sets of instructions (and open a trouble ticket to let me know if something doesn't work, I will be standing by):

I recommend using a dedicated FTP client

1. Download and install FileZilla http://filezilla-pro...php?type=client

2. Enter ftp.mlpforums.com as the address

3. Double click the "incoming" folder

4. Drag your file(s) into the window

5. Wait for them to upload

6. Mission complete

Failing that, these instructions are good for IE 8

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Go to ftp://ftp.mlpforums.com/incoming/

3. Press the alt key

4. Click "view" in the menu

5. Click "Open FTP Site in File Explorer"

6. Drag your file(s) into the window

7. Wait for them to upload

8. Mission complete

Let's get this show on the road! :D

• Brohoof 2

Chicken fixin'.

Does this run in the background when a computer hits it's screen saver? I've lost a few upload attempts with this problem, but that was on the old uploader.

• Brohoof 1

Does this run in the background when a computer hits it's screen saver? I've lost a few upload attempts with this problem, but that was on the old uploader.

Hmm, is it only a screensaver (puts an image on the screen) or does it actually suspend the computer for power savings (everything fades to black)?

Hmm, is it only a screensaver (puts an image on the screen) or does it actually suspend the computer for power savings (everything fades to black)?

It's the second one and I'm an idiot for not realizing that.

Welp, time to dick with the laptop settings and make her not do that. Thanks, Chicken.

• Brohoof 1

It's the second one and I'm an idiot for not realizing that.

Man, don't feel like an idiot... You should have seen me burn 10 hours straight trying to figure out why my computer was shutting off constantly... Only to realize that it was suspending and the darn light for showing that it was suspended was totally unplugged. Then, there was the other time, when.... Oh man, I'd better stop... Let's just say that you aren't alone with that. :lol:

Welp, time to dick with the laptop settings and make her not do that. Thanks, Chicken.

No problem, can of semi-controlled substance. :)

• Brohoof 2