Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Season Three React Video Project

NavelColt

Not gonna lie, I will have trouble with this. Especially if "candid" reactions are what we're going for. I swear a lot without thinking about it.

It will be. :) MLP Forums never was about swearing and inappropriate content, and having a bunch of that in a video of our community would really make for a bad representation of it.

We're looking for honest, good-natured fun; not a sailor-worthy cursing competition. ;)

You heard the man, Crispy xP Unfortunately you're going to have to knock the usage down a bit, if it's truly something you can't control easily.

As for everyone else, more specifications and important info regarding the videos and all specs regarding what your footage videos should be format wise, resolution, etc will all be posted a bit later on, once Feld0 and his chicken finish up one or two things.

• Brohoof 1

You heard the man, Crispy xP Unfortunately you're going to have to knock the usage down a bit,

*inhale*

Alright. .__. I'll figure it out. I'll just not swear for an hour.

Wonder how the specs'll be. Might have to borrow a friends decent camera.

Are all of us going to send in our version? Because isn't that going to be, I don't know, A LOT OF VIDEOS? D:

About swearing: I mean, swearing constantly is a problem, of course. But a simple "crap" "shit" "fuck" or similar stuff doesn't hurt, right? :T

Because 'twill get kinda boring if there are strict rules about cursing >_>

Wow this does sound interesting and its popularity shows so put me in the back up list please because i will be amazed.

I do have a webcam but watching that in secrecy from my dad is going to be a problem heh heh!

About swearing: I mean, swearing constantly is a problem, of course. But a simple "crap" "shit" "fuck" or similar stuff doesn't hurt, right?

As long as its used with moderation i see no problem with it.

Are all of us going to send in our version? Because isn't that going to be, I don't know, A LOT OF VIDEOS? D:

About swearing: I mean, swearing constantly is a problem, of course. But a simple "crap" "shit" "fuck" or similar stuff doesn't hurt, right? :T

Because 'twill get kinda boring if there are strict rules about cursing >_>

That's the entire point, yes :P Everyone sends in videos and our editors pick parts from all of them to make a single video. The video in my original post demonstrates the example video we are basing this off of.

Sorry you find the lack of vulgarity boring, but that's how it is. No, one or two things is fine, just like how swearing for emphasis on here is also fine. Just don't use them throughout the video and you should be fine.

That's the entire point, yes :P Everyone sends in videos and our editors pick parts from all of them to make a single video. The video in my original post demonstrates the example video we are basing this off of.

Sorry you find the lack of vulgarity boring, but that's how it is. No, one or two things is fine, just like how swearing for emphasis on here is also fine. Just don't use them throughout the video and you should be fine.

Over... 25 persons in a single video... sounds... great *keep a straight face Arrow, just smile and wave*... Yes, really great! *hnnggh*

Also I'm still not in OP, even though I was like, first? :huh:

Over... 25 persons in a single video... sounds... great *keep a straight face Arrow, just smile and wave*... Yes, really great! *hnnggh*

Also I'm still not in OP, even though I was like, first? :huh:

Again, if you watch the intro video, you'll get a good idea for what we're trying to do. Not all twenty five people will be in the video, I'm guessing. The editors will try to incorporate as many as possible, but they're looking for the best content, and the video can only be from five to ten minutes.

Done.

Again, if you watch the intro video, you'll get a good idea for what we're trying to do. Not all twenty five people will be in the video, I'm guessing. The editors will try to incorporate as many as possible, but they're looking for the best content, and the video can only be from five to ten minutes.

Done.

Best content huh? Posted Image

Oh, look at that, it seems that I will be taking all the credits for making this video awesome, thank you very much <3

I guess this is a bad time for me to remember that I really don't like to show my face... Anywhere. I'd love to give it a try though~

If anything, I'll be a footage-person, I guess!

Wait, so this is a prewatch reaction vid? :huh: Anyway, I'd like to do a reaction vid. Can I use something other than a webcam? Say an iPad camera?

Also, if you need some somewhat basic, but professional looking, editing, I think I can do a bit through iMovie. If you want to see some of my editing and work on iMovie, here's a YouTube video

Wait, so this is a prewatch reaction vid? :huh: Anyway, I'd like to do a reaction vid. Can I use something other than a webcam? Say an iPad camera?

Also, if you need some somewhat basic, but professional looking, editing, I think I can do a bit through iMovie. If you want to see some of my editing and work on iMovie, here's a YouTube video

Nope, it's a pure reaction vid. Your very first time watching the premiere on November Tenth. And I suppose, the file type we're looking for is H.264. if you can get that through your camera then awesome. And as for editing, I can add you to the back up list.

You know, after thinking about it a while, I don't think I'll record myself. This is for two reasons, 1: My brother doesn't know I'm a Brony, and 2: My parents know, they just don't know how active I am in the community. They'll be able to hear me through the walls, and then they'll ask what I'm doing, and then there'll be an awkward conversation... It's just too much work.

Is ok if i record my reaction on my phone instead of a webcam. Problem is my dad usually hogs the computer on early weekend so i wont be able to use a webcam. Instead i want to use my phone as i can just upload the video to my computer from there.

Then again im on the back-up list so chances are i wont even get approved anyway lol.

Nope, it's a pure reaction vid. Your very first time watching the premiere on November Tenth. And I suppose, the file type we're looking for is H.264. if you can get that through your camera then awesome. And as for editing, I can add you to the back up list.

Not sure what type of file that is, but it should be fine as long as I can upload it to YouTube, right? As for editing, I can only do basic editing (until they decide to make iMovie better), but I can make it seamless. Honestly, I'd consider myself a last resort when it comes to that sort of thing.

Edited by Feld0's Overlord

Not sure what type of file that is, but it should be fine as long as I can upload it to YouTube, right? As for editing, I can only do basic editing (until they decide to make iMovie better), but I can make it seamless. Honestly, I'd consider myself a last resort when it comes to that sort of thing.

No one's using Youtube. The reason I'm holding off on giving the final details on this is because the tech admins are working on a way for members to directly upload videos here.

Is here where I sign up? Well, I'm signing up, wherever the sign up is. Can somepony give me a link? Can I also edit some video? I'm kinda good at it.

Yes. We probably don't need so many back up editors, but we'll keep you in mind ^^

• Brohoof 1

I suppose I'll just say "no Applejack" in a really annoyed way or something, lol.

But...it doesn't air in my country, so...can I just record it on my laptop or something?

Whether TV or laptop doesn't matter, do either one. Like the OP's video shows, most people were actually watching it via laptop.

• Brohoof 1

Are we watching both episodes? Does it matter if I have headphones? Do you need to hear the show? Do I have to film the actual show? And how do I change the webcams video output? Currently it is on .avi

No one's using Youtube. The reason I'm holding off on giving the final details on this is because the tech admins are working on a way for members to directly upload videos here.

Yes. We probably don't need so many back up editors, but we'll keep you in mind ^^

Okay! so how exactly will I record? Well, via video, but do I have to watch it on the Hub or can I do it on Livestream/Youtube when it comes out? I know we have a synchtube, but recently, it stopped responding...

Are we watching both episodes? Does it matter if I have headphones? Do you need to hear the show? Do I have to film the actual show? And how do I change the webcams video output? Currently it is on .avi

I assume so, yes. No. Eh, no, the goal was to put a box in the corner with the episode after, like the OP's video. I'm not sure, I'd ask Feld0 or Scoots about it.

Okay! so how exactly will I record? Well, via video, but do I have to watch it on the Hub or can I do it on Livestream/Youtube when it comes out? I know we have a synchtube, but recently, it stopped responding...

Webcam via the livestream works fine. All Synchtube is down right now but it shouldn't last too long, hopefully.

I assume so, yes. No. Eh, no, the goal was to put a box in the corner with the episode after, like the OP's video. I'm not sure, I'd ask Feld0 or Scoots about it.

Webcam via the livestream works fine. All Synchtube is down right now but it shouldn't last too long, hopefully.

Um, problem. My webcam isn't working well, so can I record myself with my camera and give the footage to you somehow? If my face is shown, may you black/blur out my face?

Um, problem. My webcam isn't working well, so can I record myself with my camera and give the footage to you somehow? If my face is shown, may you black/blur out my face?

What's the point of a reaction video if your face isn't shown? xD This isn't showing the screen and just you talking in the background, the goal of this is exactly what the video in this topic's first post shows. You talking, and the episode in a corner, overlapping.