Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Warning* Trixie Episode Approaching

Spectre2343

Hopefully this episodes lacks the 2 annoying things of the original episode, both beginning with S!

Looking forward to it. Its a decent, if predictable, plot and should be made well.

I honestly never thought I'd see Trixie in another episode again. It'll be interesting to see if she's any different than she was in episode 7 or whatever episode it was. I really can't wait!

She will most likely challenge Twilight to a duel, whoever loses leaves town. And when Trixie uses her necklace thingy... you know what I'm talking about Posted Image

Hmm. I didn't think of it in this aspect.

Perhaps that medallion is exactly how Trixie won.

Now I'm curious on how Twilight makes a comeback.

To say that I am angry about this supposed Trixie episode is putting it mildly. I do not like Trixie. I do not like the fandom obsession with her. I do not like how she is consistently turned into some kind of woobie whom everyone adores, even though she was a more or less flat antagonist character in her one and only episode. I hate how the fandom gives her so much magical power when she was naught but a two-bit illusionist. I especially dislike how stupidly popular shipping her with Twilight is, when that makes about as much sense as shipping Twilight with Spike! (No, I take that back--at least we actually see Spike and Twilight relating to each other in canon!)

Primarily, though, I am reacting based upon the fandom. Because this fandom is so prolific with its ideas, it's only natural that the writers would eventually start doing things the fandom has already done in one way or another. Trixie's return was probably inevitable--although frankly I remain convinced it was the influence of the fandom that resulted in the writers deciding to bring her back, something I dislike intensely.

We shall see what will happen with the episode itself. I know these writers are good--they've made me love concepts I thought I'd hate in the past, plenty of times--but I'm going to be scritinizing this episode very carefully. It's going to have to do a lot to make me approve of it at all, because right now, as it stands, especially with that synopsis...this has a chance of being my least favorite episode in the entire series. (And considering how much I disliked Mysterious Mare Do Well, that's a pretty huge thing to accomplish.)

• Brohoof 2

Aweh yeahhhh go Trixie go Trixie. I felt bad for her last time. Yeah she was showing off but guess what ponies? I you didn't have to watch her. And then we had to see naive twilight be wall naive again. I mean yeah I like twilight but I can't wait to see Trixie one up her

Go Trixie go trixie

Also to the comment above me. Come on now yea she was arrogant but even rainbow is at times....Well actually most of the time.

Oh and just one more thing. I'm down with twilight being more powerful than Trixie. But omg I would love it if Trixie was almost as powerful if not just as powerful as twilight!

Edited by ajacks

I saw an image from one of the people working on the show that shows Trixie wearing some kind of necklace. I think it will play a big part in Twilight's defeat!. y

Note how the necklace faintly resembles Sombra. Perhaps he is more than We thought. Lol, this season must be chock full of dark magic.

Posted Image

Applejack is missing some of her freckles from when she was a filly here...

As the Heavy would say: LOOK AT THE LITTLE TINY BABY MARES.

That's all I got to say.

P.S: I wonder if Snips and Snails will return in this episode...?

I would think Princess Celestia would have something to say about Trixie banning Twilight from Ponyville, but I guess we'll see.

I think Trixie could like after she brutally defeats Twily, she sends her to some alternate universe.

Also I don't think Celestia would give any cares about Trixie taking over Twily's role in Ponyville

Edited by Danger Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

To say that I am angry about this supposed Trixie episode is putting it mildly. I do not like Trixie. I do not like the fandom obsession with her. I do not like how she is consistently turned into some kind of woobie whom everyone adores, even though she was a more or less flat antagonist character in her one and only episode. I hate how the fandom gives her so much magical power when she was naught but a two-bit illusionist. I especially dislike how stupidly popular shipping her with Twilight is, when that makes about as much sense as shipping Twilight with Spike! (No, I take that back--at least we actually see Spike and Twilight relating to each other in canon!)

Primarily, though, I am reacting based upon the fandom. Because this fandom is so prolific with its ideas, it's only natural that the writers would eventually start doing things the fandom has already done in one way or another. Trixie's return was probably inevitable--although frankly I remain convinced it was the influence of the fandom that resulted in the writers deciding to bring her back, something I dislike intensely.

We shall see what will happen with the episode itself. I know these writers are good--they've made me love concepts I thought I'd hate in the past, plenty of times--but I'm going to be scritinizing this episode very carefully. It's going to have to do a lot to make me approve of it at all, because right now, as it stands, especially with that synopsis...this has a chance of being my least favorite episode in the entire series. (And considering how much I disliked Mysterious Mare Do Well, that's a pretty huge thing to accomplish.)

Wow... It's like you read my mind and posted my thoughts for me, although nothing will ever take Mare Do Well's "Crown" from it (I hope)
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Trixie apparently flips her lid and decides to become dictator-for-life of Ponyville. That is some serious fascist imagery. She had better organize her own personal goon squad led by Snips and Snails, or I will be terribly disappointed.

@@Kyronea

I have the distinct impression that Trixie will gain the upperhoof through illicit means, whether through old fashioned cheating or relying on a powerful artifact/being as her crutch. That the writers would suddenly grant her tremendous powers on par with Twilight seems doubtful---especially given how serious they are about the story. In whatever competition Trixie and Twilight have, I bank on Trixie basically dishonoring the sanctity of Wizard Battle. Then the fact Trixie wins is all the more appropriate because she could only do so through fraud.

Should Trixie emerge victorious by legitimate means, then there will be some serious red flags. But I'm going to go out on a limb and predict we are going to have a vast swath of the fandom trolled from beginning to end. The title, synopsis, and leaked images are shaping up to be red meat for bronies---whether they are fans of Trixie or not.

• Brohoof 2

Posted Image

Trixie apparently flips her lid and decides to become dictator-for-life of Ponyville. That is some serious fascist imagery. She had better organize her own personal goon squad led by Snips and Snails, or I will be terribly disappointed.

@@Kyronea

I have the distinct impression that Trixie will gain the upperhoof through illicit means, whether through old fashioned cheating or relying on a powerful artifact/being as her crutch. That the writers would suddenly grant her tremendous powers on par with Twilight seems doubtful---especially given how serious they are about the story. In whatever competition Trixie and Twilight have, I bank on Trixie basically dishonoring the sanctity of Wizard Battle. Then the fact Trixie wins is all the more appropriate because she could only do so through fraud.

Should Trixie emerge victorious by legitimate means, then there will be some serious red flags. But I'm going to go out on a limb and predict we are going to have a vast swath of the fandom trolled from beginning to end. The title, synopsis, and leaked images are shaping up to be red meat for bronies---whether they are fans of Trixie or not.

I am hoping you are correct. It's my fondest hope, actually, that the whole episode is going to end up being one of the most massive trolls on the fandom ever. If it actually ends up being that way, I will be laughing my head off, cackling with glee. I shall be like the oneest of dimensional villains with my evil laughter at the fanon I so despise being so brutally crushed.

Also to the comment above me. Come on now yea she was arrogant but even rainbow is at times....Well actually most of the time.

Oh and just one more thing. I'm down with twilight being more powerful than Trixie. But omg I would love it if Trixie was almost as powerful if not just as powerful as twilight!

It's not about Trixie's arrogance per se. I was fine with her canon character as she was. The problem is with the fanon surrounding her. One of the most common elements is Trixie having an absurd amount of magical power relative to what she actually displayed in canon. After all, her life was in danger, and yet she used the same two illusion spells she'd used in her magic show--if she had any real power, she would have used it when facing against the Ursa Minor.

So frankly, I dislike her as a result of what the fandom has turned her into.

Edited by Kyronea
  • Brohoof 2

I think I'll go ahead and settle that it's impossible to avoid ruining everything for myself before I actually watch the episode.

I really liked Trixie as a character, and would love to see her come back. I remember in the commercial seeing Trixie banners and statues while Rarity and Applejack were turned into fillies by Twilight. I'm gonna assume that's part their plan to get Ponyville back. I have high hopes for the episodes of S3. With the wait they put us on just for 13 episodes they will have to be pretty awesome.

To be honest... I'm kinda excited to see Trixie, but I'm also kinda dreading it.... i mean, it seems like hasn't learned anything since Boast Busters..... You'd think that after Twilight caught her lie about the Ursa major/Minor that she would try to get ponies to like her for herself.....

@, @,

Here's an idea: we generally assume, based upon that leaked image of Trixie wearing a necklace, that she is using some kind of power boosting magical artifact to allow her to cheat, yes? But we don't know where that came from.

What if she got it from Princess Luna?

Not directly, mind. Not necessarily being handed it by Princess Luna personally, but just having her discovery of the artifact being engineered by Luna. Why?

A test. Another test, for Twilight Sparkle, just like King Sombra and the Crystal Empire. We already know that Celestia and Luna are trying to test Twilight for some unknown purpose. So perhaps that's why Trixie is returning: because Trixie is someone Twilight knows from her past, someone whom the Princesses know has a vendetta against Twilight and would have reason to want to cheat and make Twilight both look like a buffoon and toss her out on her pony rump, and whom could then be an opponent that Twilight could rise up against again and take down.

It gives Trixie's return much more meaning, and makes the episode far more interesting in my eyes, if all of this was just engineered by Luna.

Edited by Kyronea
  • Brohoof 2

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Trixie: "Draw your last pathetic card, so I can end this, Twilight."

Twilight: "My brother's deck HAS no pathetic cards, Trixie. But it does contain... the unstoppable Celestia!"

Trixie: "NO! IMPOSSIBLE!"

Twilight: "I've assembled all five special cards; all five pieces of the puzzle!"

Trixie: "C-Celestia! It-it's not possible! Nopony's ever been able to call HER!"

Twilight: "Celestia... OBLITERATE!"

Trixie: "NO!

AHHH!"

• Brohoof 4

So I was excited at first, I wanted an episode where Trixie came back and dueled Twilight...

But just HOW exactly can Trixie BEAT Twilight? O_o

It must be something to do with that necklace.

It's not about Trixie's arrogance per se. I was fine with her canon character as she was. The problem is with the fanon surrounding her. One of the most common elements is Trixie having an absurd amount of magical power relative to what she actually displayed in canon. After all, her life was in danger, and yet she used the same two illusion spells she'd used in her magic show--if she had any real power, she would have used it when facing against the Ursa Minor.

So frankly, I dislike her as a result of what the fandom has turned her into.

Fair enough, I definitely can relate to this though. Fans can make things you never really cared about unbearable. And I agree she didn't really do much when the Ursa came. I guess a main point I like Trixie is because out of the main 6 it kinda seems like the fandom paints twilight as all powerful and meh I'm not feeling that. So seeing someone like trixie come and give her a run for her money is satisfying.

• Brohoof 1