• Twilight Sparkle
    • Princess Luna
  2. 2. Who do you wanna lose?

• Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Princess Luna

Dash has actually already been entered by DashForever back on page one, near the beginning :3 You can check out the list in the first post; it's no longer 100% up to date due to these new posts, but it's helpful for avoiding duplications. You can edit your post to be a different character, though ^^

I didn't see that post, I apologize. I'll make one for a new character, like you've recommended :)

Picture:

Posted Image

Name: Golden Harvest (Carrot Top)

Species: Earth Pony

Highlight Episode: Boast Busters

Why you think this is best pony: In the rare instances when Golden Harvest speaks, she always has a knack for saying something witty, as seen in Boast Busters. When she doesn't speak, she stands out as the first background character I see and acknowledge. Her Cutie mark is pretty cool too, and always leaves me with unanswered questions.

• Brohoof 1

post-761-0-65986900-1353535892.png

Name: Shining Armor

Species: Unicorn

Highlight Episode: Canterlot Wedding

Why you think this is best pony: Shining Armor is one of the most badass stallions in Equestria. He is the captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard and is also Twilight Sparkle's older brother. He is also married to Princess Cadance.

post-761-0-65986900-1353535892.png

• Brohoof 3

photo-822.gif

Name: Twilight Sparkle

Species: A Unicorn Pony

Highlight Episode: Every Episode! ( She's just that awesome! )

Why you think this is best pony: Her Cutie Mark is Magic! Can't top that. She has the best color scheme. She has an assistant and thus already getting started to commanding others around, she is the best nominee for the next ruling Monarch.

Can't think of anymore to add then that... let's see... I love her hair... her magic ability... her determination... her beautiful spirit... that's all i got.

Edited by TwilightCircuits

Posted Image

Name: Pound Cake

Species: Pegasus

Highlight Episode: Baby Cakes

Why he is Best Pony: Pound Cake is very strong, adventures, and one of the few male Pegasus we see in the show. The little guy is very cute and loves to fly just like another pegasus. He can fly all over the house while a pink pony is trying to get him to stop.

Posted Image

Name: Pumpkin Cake

Highlight Episode: Baby Cakes

Why She is Best Pony: Pumpkin Cake is a very cute baby pony. This pony could give Fluttershy a run for her bits in the cute department. Pumpkin maybe cute, but she can also be unpredictable. One minute she can be using her magic to make toys fly. The next minute she is floating herself into the air.

If you put these two together, they are an unstoppable force of cuteness and randomness.

Was going to make them a team, but then just decided to make them separate.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Not sure how they're not up yet, but here ya are:

Posted Image

Names: Flim and Flam

Species: Earth Ponies

Highlight Episode: Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Why you think they're best ponies: Moustaches. Amazing song. Bacon. (It feels odd for a vegetarian to say bacon, but BACON.) Also, I simply thought that they were hilarious smooth-talkin' scammers, and loved it.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Name: Spike

Species: Dragon

Highlight Episode: The Crystal Empire, part 2

Why you think they're best pony(dragon): Spike is Twilight Sparkle's assistant, always willing to help her in(almost) any situation. From sorting books in the Ponyville Library to saving an entire empire, Spike's done it all, and he's not even fully grown yet! This baby dragon deserves waaaay more attention than he gets. A vote for Spike is a vote for the #1(assistant!)! :)

• Brohoof 4

photo-822.gif

Name: Twilight Sparkle

Species: A Unicorn Pony

Highlight Episode: Every Episode! ( She's just that awesome! )

Why you think this is best pony: Her Cutie Mark is Magic! Can't top that. She has the best color scheme. She has an assistant and thus already getting started to commanding others around, she is the best nominee for the next ruling Monarch.

Can't think of anymore to add then that... let's see... I love her hair... her magic ability... her determination... her beautiful spirit... that's all i got.

Twilight's actually already been added to the topic back on the first page :3 Be sure to check through the topic, especially it's first post, to see what characters have been added already. You can add any other character that hasn't been added though, instead. The more the better.

I've noticed a few glaring omissions, and as everyone else who I like has been nominated or will be shortly by people who like them more than I do, I'll use my two remaining nominations to rectify this injustice

Picture: Posted Image

Name: Scootaloo

Species: Pegasus (Not making that joke)

Highlight Episode: Call of the Cutie (But soon she'll have one for herself, FWA HA HA!)

Why you think this is best pony: Well, she isn't, but she certainly seems to know who is, which gets her points in my book. She also founded the Rainbow Dash Fan Club, and even though I had to seize control of it partway through Season 2 she has proven a worthy second in command. Also she has shown great bravery in defending Apple Bloom from Diamond Tiara and is very good at coming up with ideas for the crusaders. She can do some mind-blowing scooter tricks, is a heck of a dancer and definitely deserves a spot in this competition.

Name: Soarin'

Highlight Episode: The Best Night Ever

Why you think this is best pony: Again, he isn't, but as a Wonderbolt, Soarin' is one of the most talented fliers in Equestria. He also shows admirable dedication to Apple Pie, the best dessert of all time. He even got to dance with Rainbow Dash at the Royal Wedding (Lucky @$$^$@^$@$). He will be a welcome addition to the contest and will certainly do his best!

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 7

Picture:Posted Image

Name: Octavia

Species: Earth pony

Why you think she's best pony: Aside from the knowledge that she plays the cello almost nothing is known about her, so what's not to like? It's also assumed that she's a rather good cellist, otherwise she wouldn't be playing for one of the most popular and well known events in Equestria. She also wears a bowtie, which clearly makes her superior to other non-bowtie wearing ponies.

EDIT: curses, I forgot to put the rank, didn't I? Um, well I'm not sure who participated last year, but I know that she's been popular since her debut, so I'll just assume she's a veteran. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ANOTHER EDIT: found the link to the previous pony-off and corrected the rank. I also realized that two more sentences were required for the best pony category and fixed that. Note to self: actually read stuff before posting...

Edited by antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 3

Even if it doesn't, that's fine by me :P It'll have at least served it's initial purpose to poke fun at Clarity's post <3

Alright, so it was decided that we're not allowing alt. forms of ponies, since it would get very confusing, and we'd have to much to deal with. Plus, we don't need 50 billion Fluttershys, ya know?

Not sure how they're not up yet, but here ya are:

Posted Image

Names: Flim and Flam

Species: Earth Ponies

Highlight Episode: Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Why you think they're best ponies: Moustaches. Amazing song. Bacon. (It feels odd for a vegetarian to say bacon, but BACON.) Also, I simply thought that they were hilarious smooth-talkin' scammers, and loved it.

Sorry, but Flim and Flam can't be entered together, you'd have to enter them separately to get them in. Sorry!

In other news, congrats guys! We've made 32 nominations, exactly the same as the old one! Let's see how many more we can get before the nominations stage ends! (Forgot to mention, but this stage lasts one week.) So it'll end next Tuesday!

The filly seems interesting so far, so why not.

EDIT: I put this in a spoiler just in case. Includes One Bad Apple spoilers.

Posted Image

Name: Babs Seed

Highlight Episode: One Bad Apple

Why you think she's best pony: Babs came from Manehatten, the city of arts. She is quite insecure and would rather go with the crowd instead of doing what she would think was best for her. She dislikes being teased.

...well, I did my best to infer Babs's personality from what we've seen so far. Will edit this later when the episode comes out.

Edited by Clarity

Posted Image

Name: Spitfire

Why you think this is best pony: Captain of the talented Wonderbolts, Spitfire is a pony who's mane, coat and eyes resemble the flickering flames of fire. Despite how little we've seen of her, we know she's a laid-back and mature individual who almost resembles what Rainbow Dash might look like if she were a bit more mature and less of a hot-head. In possession of a terrific voice actor as well, Spitfire has garnished a lot of fan attention, despite basically being a background pony with only a handful of lines so far.

• Brohoof 3

Posted Image

Name: Apple Bloom

Species: Earth Pony of unusual cuteness

Highlight Episode: The Cutie Pox (if I had to pick one from a half dozen awesome candidates)

Why you think this is best pony: Season 2 showed us that Apple Bloom is more than just one of three troublemaking fillies now; she is conflicted like few other ponies her age, and has emerged from that struggle as a stronger character than any of them. On one hoof she yearns to find herself by obtaining her mark, on the other hoof she enjoys just running around with her friends. She is the de facto leader of the CMC and stands out the most as an individual, and I think we will see that reflected in this year's voting.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Gonna use my last two nominations to resurrect some other background ponies.

Name: DJ Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch

Species: unicorn

Highlight Episode: Canterlot Wedding Part 2

Why you think this is best pony: She DJs a royal wedding, so she must be good at her job. She's also the inspiration for a rather large quantity of brony music. Also, while it's technically not canon, I can't help but mention MAH BASS CANNON!

Name: Time Turner/Doctor Hooves

Species: time lord varies between episodes, but is usually an earth pony

Highlight Episode: Call of the Cutie

Why you think this is best pony: Very few other ponies can say that they're potentially a time lord. Also, if he IS a reincarnation of the Doctor, that would make him one of the few ponies that possess an English accent. Sticking closer to canon though, everything in Ponyville would fall into complete chaos if he weren't there to keep track of time. Seriously, who else would keep that windmill clock running?

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Name: Silver Spoon

Highlight Episode: Call of the Cutie

Why you think this is best pony: It is a prevailing sentiment among the fandom that Silver Spoon is not as mean-spirited or stuck up as her best friend Diamond Tiara. She simply takes her cue from Diamond on how to behave, because we've never seen her be cruel to another pony on her own and she applauded Granny Smith's story with delight when Diamond Tiara would not. In addition to being more special than she lets on, Silver also looks special: what other pony on the show has a design like that? :wub:

I know we're not supposed to use alternate, barely-canon versions of ponies like Applelie, but I was hoping Tom could make an exception in this case. She was the first major villain of the show and arguably a very different being from Princess Luna...

Posted Image

Name: Nightmare Moon

Species: Dark Alicorn

Highlight Episode: Friendship is Magic 1+2

Why you think this is best pony: Nightmare Moon was basically the dark side of Princess Luna given form, a jealous and vengeful being who made for a threatening first antagonist. Like King Sombra and Discord, she spread her evil indirectly by confronting the Mane 6 with illusions and mind games, but like Chrysalis she wasn't afraid to throw down with them either. She has the best design of the equine villains and was the first being since Discord to challenge her sister's authority. (I suspect Celestia's history of Equestria was only one side of the story...)

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

y no pony do fluttershy yet?

Posted Image

Names: Fluttershy

Highlight Episode: Dragonshy

Why you think they're best ponies: HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Posted Image

Names: Diamond Tiara

Species: Earth Pony

Highlight Episode: Ponyville Confidential

Why you think they're best ponies: Sassafrazz and it's hard being an earth pony in an alicorn's world.

~

Edited by Tom The Rock
Added spoiler to huge image that can lag older computers.
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Name: Spitfire

Why you think this is best pony: Captain of the talented Wonderbolts, Spitfire is a pony who's mane, coat and eyes resemble the flickering flames of fire. Despite how little we've seen of her, we know she's a laid-back and mature individual who almost resembles what Rainbow Dash might look like if she were a bit more mature and less of a hot-head. In possession of a terrific voice actor as well, Spitfire has garnished a lot of fan attention, despite basically being a background pony with only a handful of lines so far.

Any particular reason you copy-pasted my post from page one? If you're trying to nominate a pony, they can only be done once in this round.

• Brohoof 1

Any particular reason you copy-pasted my post from page one? If you're trying to nominate a pony, they can only be done once in this round.

My apologies. I didn't realize. However my nominee would have been Spitfire nonetheless and you nailed it in your post. I guess just don't include my earlier post.

post-10016-0-12058100-1353714495.jpeg

Name:Vinyl Scratch/ DJ PON-3

Highlight Episode: A Canterlot Wedding Part 2

Why She's the Best Pony: She is an insanely AWESOME dj pony!! Also, I LOVE the youtube video: Epic Wub Time: Musicians Of Ponyville

post-10016-0-12058100-1353714495.jpeg

Name:Vinyl Scratch/ DJ PON-3

Highlight Episode: A Canterlot Wedding Part 2

Why She's the Best Pony: She is an insanely AWESOME dj pony!! Also, I LOVE the youtube video: Epic Wub Time: Musicians Of Ponyville

Vinyl Scratch was already nominated on page 2. It's probably wise to take a little time and look through the last few pages to see who was nominated already before you nominate another character. :huh:
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Er...any particular reason why the new character from the next episode that I nominated isn't included? Is it because it's too much of a spoiler or something?

The filly seems interesting so far, so why not.

EDIT: I put this in a spoiler just in case. Includes One Bad Apple spoilers.

Posted Image

Name: Babs Seed

Highlight Episode: One Bad Apple

Why you think she's best pony: Babs came from Manehatten, the city of arts. She is quite insecure and would rather go with the crowd instead of doing what she would think was best for her. She dislikes being teased.

...well, I did my best to infer Babs's personality from what we've seen so far. Will edit this later when the episode comes out.

Name: Daring Do

Highlight Episode: Read It and Weep

Why you think this is best pony: The main character of her own book series. She is the reason Rainbow Dash, a pony who once thought reading was merely for eggheads, is now an egghead herself. Her high athleticism and intelligence significantly aided her in escaping the many traps of the temple and Ahuizotl in her quest for the sapphire statue, proving that she is undeniably, unquestionably, unstoppable!

• Brohoof 5

I'll just do a new one:

post-10016-0-72298200-1353717859.jpeg

Name: Berry Punch

Species:Earth

Highlight Episode: The Crystal Empire Part 2

Why you think this is the best Pony: Well, i never really cared for her until i saw her along side with all of the crystal ponies, where she did NOT belong, but she is pretty adorable!

• Brohoof 1

OOPS!!! I'm so so so sorry antismurf9001 and SBB64!!! I just scrolled too fast and i apologize!!! i won't do it again ever!!!!! :(:blink: I pinkie pie promise!!!!!!

No worries. I won't hunt you down, seeking vengeance and to regain my honor at all costs.... THIS TIME!

Seriously though, it's all good. You are forgiven.

• Brohoof 1