Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

I kinda like all ships, it's amazing who many relationships may actually fit :)

Appledash, TwiDash and RarityxApplejack are my favorites at the moment(also because I read some fics with those ships)

Edited by Wildcard

Personally I can't see how anyone can ship anything with Big Macintosh. He've had so little screen time and we barely know his personality and yet people pair him up with almost anyone because he's a stallion.

I see many people liking the pair of Fluttershy and Big Mac, and I simply can't see that happening. I don't mind people shipping them of course, I would just like someone to explain to my, WHY exactly they like this ship? What makes them a good pair? Why is it that you want them to be together?

I simply don't understand it. How is it he fits with Fluttershy, just to use the same example, when she's such a shy mare and he's a working pony. He seems a bit to simple and brutish, not that it's a bad thing, to be having a liking for Fluttershy. The other way around, I can't see Fluttershy having any interest in him as more than a friend because he doesn't really affect any of her major personality traits in any way, in my opinion that is.

I see many people liking the pair of Fluttershy and Big Mac, and I simply can't see that happening. I don't mind people shipping them of course, I would just like someone to explain to my, WHY exactly they like this ship? What makes them a good pair? Why is it that you want them to be together?

I think it's because they're both quiet, though while Fluttershy's is out of shyness, Big Mac's seems to be of stoicism.

There are a few fanfics that expand on his personality (Vagabond saga, Apple In The Observatory), but even then, he's usually a male Mary Sue character.

• Brohoof 1

I think people like to ship Big Mac for the same reason they like to ship or write about any pony that's only had 2 seconds of screen time, like Vinyl Scratch or Lyra or Braeburn. It's fun to find a character, look into every element of their screen time and deduce your own reasoning as to who that pony is, what their life is like and how they fit into rest of society.

I personally love to ship Big Mac with Rarity, and just as anyone who likes to ship him with Fluttershy, I've created a pretty good reasoning for this in my head other than the fact that they "look" cute together. I think if you really want to understand these reasonings you have to read more fanfiction, where these side characters are much more developed by the author, since a simple one liner explanation isn't really going to be very satisfying as you'll still have a flat representation of the character in your head.

I think it's because they're both quiet, though while Fluttershy's is out of shyness, Big Mac's seems to be of stoicism.

There are a few fanfics that expand on his personality (Vagabond saga, Apple In The Observatory), but even then, he's usually a male Mary Sue character.

TheTotalOverflow's aptly titled Macintosh expounds upon him as being the result of the untimely death of his parents, and him consequently becoming a recluse (who warms up to friendship eventually). It's a good one.

Is Lyra/Bonbon even a proper ship any more? I'd think their constant on-screen pairing (even on what looks like a date on Putting Your Hoof Down) makes them as close to cannon as we're doing to get on this show. They're my OTP at any rate.

Other than them, there's Rarity/Fluttershy (mostly off of Green Isn't Your Color), which just makes the verbal deconstruction of Rarity's all the more heart-wrenching when New Fluttershy takes assertiveness to ridiculous heights. That scene nearly broke me :(

TheTotalOverflow's aptly titled Macintosh expounds upon him as being the result of the untimely death of his parents, and him consequently becoming a recluse (who warms up to friendship eventually). It's a good one.

That does sound good. I'll have to look it up.

Personally I can't see how anyone can ship anything with Big Macintosh. He've had so little screen time and we barely know his personality and yet people pair him up with almost anyone because he's a stallion.

I simply don't understand it. How is it he fits with Fluttershy, just to use the same example, when she's such a shy mare and he's a working pony. He seems a bit to simple and brutish, not that it's a bad thing, to be having a liking for Fluttershy. The other way around, I can't see Fluttershy having any interest in him as more than a friend because he doesn't really affect any of her major personality traits in any way, in my opinion that is.

Big Mac is often seen as a gentle giant; Fluttershy is very sensitive and caring. Both of them are relatively quiet and unassuming. In terms of canonical personalities, theirs seem to blend very well.

Honestly, I don't see Fluttershy and Big Macintosh getting along romantically. Big Macintosh has showed so little personality that I'm not willing to ascribe any particular traits to him...I think it's more likely that he'd not get along romantically with any of the Mane Six. If Applejack weren't his sister, I would argue that the two of them might be able to get along as partners, but since she is, obviously they can't.

As for Kinkie Pie: I approve.

• Brohoof 2

As for Kinkie Pie: I approve.

I laughed.

I desire more Rainbow Pie (or Pinkie Dash):

Posted Image

i ship everything someone help

I like Rainbow Dash x Pinkie Pie a lot, though.

Get a job at FedEx!

Anyways, since keeping a VERY close eye on this thread, I've found that ponies hugging each other is epic and cute... So, I'm basically saying that I am a little more into this shipping thing. Just the cute innocent ships, not the overly saucy stuffs, ya know?

Why you ponies break all my rules!? D= I had Barriers, and these ponies just waltzed on in and blew them up!

Edited by Klopp
  • Brohoof 1

If Applejack weren't his sister, I would argue that the two of them might be able to get along as partners, but since she is, obviously they can't.

Challenge accepted.

*one search later*

It exists, but it's nothing I can post here.

Anyway, something else.

Is Lyra/Bonbon even a proper ship any more?

They will always be a ship.

Posted Image

RariShy... that's a rare one.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3