Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM Comic Book Series Discussion

lardbobobo

It was kind of annoying for me actually. Immediately after buying vol. 1 on Comixology, I went on EqD to find that it was free on Itunes. My face:

img-2312574-1-mlfw1392_Angry_fluttershy_

That's sad bro

I went to a comic book store in Orlando a few days back, I bought from issue 10 through 16, plus The anniversary EG and Spikey wykey. Damn, I really wanted the whole Nightmare Rarity arc, but I got plenty of comics at least. Anyone knows if they sell whole volumes at Barnes and nobles?

• Brohoof 1

Got the Friends Forever #2, and man is this an amazing improvement over the lackluster first issue!

(Spoilers, duh)

I love how the plot played out. Discord is trying to help the CMC, and as usual it's left ambiguous whether Discord is actually trying to help them or just messing with them. I love the ending where the CMC thank Discord very heartfully, and they legitimately made a connection with him about not belonging anywhere in the world. It's really sweet, I wish this could have been an actual episode.

IIRC, this is the first time we've seen Celestia and Discord interact with each other. I really hope they get an issue together, I've always been curious about what kind of history the two have.

Also got to love the Star Trek refreence ^_^

(edited)

I've only read a couple of pages, but from what I've heard the newest Friends Forever beats the shit out of the last one.

Speaking of Friends Forever, I noticed that Rarity and Rainbow Dash hasn't had one announced yet. I'm hoping to god they get their's together

Edited by Megas75

I love having a sister that is in the target audience. :) Today I came home to find out that my sister got issue two of the comic. She pretty much skimmed through and looked at the pictures, but I actually went through and read it.

Howdy all!

Caught up on my MLP Comics Collection and man the Bookworm arc was nuts :lol:

It was pretty good.

As far as the Friends Forever Comics Pinkie & AJ were pretty good.

(Shoulda added the chefs from the MLP Episode MMMystery On The Friendship Express but thats me I liked it)

CMC's/Discord was freaking brilliant! :yay: 

Glad Discord was giving the crusaders a run fer their bits in trying to get their cutie marks :lol:

Cant wait for vol 3 of FF (Featuring Princess Celestia/Spike)

And the main comics as they start the Starswirl The Bearded arc.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

I just read the Friends Forever issue of Discord and the CMC.

This was probably my favorite issue yet of all the comics. My only complaint is maybe the way Discord is drawn. His design and his actions don't suggest a sneaking, mischievous prankster. But I loved the numerous pop-culture references cuz they didn't distract from the story. The Star Trek reference was BRILLIANT! Some of the CMC drawings were so cute, I just wanted to take the CMC home and hug them all day long. And the sweet, kind hearted moral towards the end was thought out very well without betraying Discord's character. Some of my favorite MLP stories are the ones with the most surprises, and I'll admit that I did not predict where the story was going. Very nice  :D .

• Brohoof 1

Finally caught up on the comics. 16 was pretty good until the ending, I've always hated it when the antagonist just wanted to be good or have friends and was going about it the wrong way. (Keep Calm and Flutter On was an exception to this though, it was a great episode.)

And Friends Forever 2 was great! Fleecs finally got a good issue, and his comic art improved a lot too. Hopefully he keeps up the good work and he doesn't get handed more bad stories to draw for.

Also, I'm so hyped for the Reflections arc that's coming up. From the previews I've read it sounds like it'll be the best arc we've gotten by far. I'm so excited! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Sorry for the double post, but the third issue of Friends Forever came out today and I loved it! Even though it was light on action and humor, it gave both Celestia and Spike some of their best characterization of all time. It's easily one of the best comics we've gotten yet.

• Brohoof 1

Looks like the next Friends Forever comic is gonna be based on Rainbow Dash and Trixie

64kuad.jpg

16atufk.jpg

Publisher: IDW PUBLISHING
(W) Thomas F. Zahler (A) Agnes Garbowska (CA) Amy Mebberson
The newest Friends Forever features Trixie & Rainbow Dash! Trixie finds herself the queen of a new kingdom and calls on Rainbow Dash to wow her subjects with some amazing flying stunts. However Trixie has a hidden agenda. When Rainbow discovers the truth, just how much of a friend will she want to be?

I was hoping for Rainbow Dash and Rarity instead, but this pair sounds too different for me to pass up

• Brohoof 1

Just read the new Reflections issue online.

Please tell me they're not shipping who I think they're shipping.

I think they are......I am not sure how to feel about this

Also Star Swirl reminds me of Tobirama

They are, now I'm just praying they don't ruin Celestia's character because of what was revealed in the comic.

Edited by Nuke87654

post-22950-0-46277900-1395265328.gif

Oh man I can't wait to see how they handle the next few issues. The shipping does make me a little skeptical, but I doubt it'd ruin the story.

Also, you guys should see how mad /mlp/ is that EqG is canon to the comicverse. It's popcorn worthy.

Oh man I can't wait to see how they handle the next few issues. The shipping does make me a little skeptical, but I doubt it'd ruin the story.

Also, you guys should see how mad /mlp/ is that EqG is canon to the comicverse. It's popcorn worthy.

Do you think we'll ever see Luna falling In love with Discord? Edited by Pinkie Perry

Do you think we'll ever see Luna falling In love with Discord?

Nah. And since the other covers hint that this alternate universe is pretty much the opposite of Equestria, the whole Sombra-Celestia shipping doesn't bother me that much. Take a look at these if you haven't seen them already and don't mind the spoilers.

post-22950-0-51715700-1395274283_thumb.jpgpost-22950-0-06723300-1395274295_thumb.png

The covers from the earlier issues didn't have much to do with the plot, but that's changed as fewer retailers get exclusive covers made.

Looks like the next Friends Forever comic is gonna be based on Rainbow Dash and Trixie

img-2422369-1-64kuad.jpg

img-2422369-2-16atufk.jpg

Publisher: IDW PUBLISHING

(W) Thomas F. Zahler (A) Agnes Garbowska (CA) Amy Mebberson

The newest Friends Forever features Trixie & Rainbow Dash! Trixie finds herself the queen of a new kingdom and calls on Rainbow Dash to wow her subjects with some amazing flying stunts. However Trixie has a hidden agenda. When Rainbow discovers the truth, just how much of a friend will she want to be?

I was hoping for Rainbow Dash and Rarity instead, but this pair sounds too different for me to pass up

So much great, so much powerful, so much Trixie, such wow

So much great, so much powerful, so much Trixie, such wow

I can't wait to see the two biggest egos on the show clash against each other as I believe it will be hilarious :D

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

Last week I went to the comic store issue 17 of Mlp fim comic they didn't have so I completed my Transformers Prime 4 part issue of Rage of the Dinobots one is autographed by Greg Breger voice of Grimlock !

The last comics I got was Friends forever series 2and 3 and Discord is still mischief and funny as he should be !

• Brohoof 2

Howdy all!

Picked up The comics with reflections arc and the Friends Forever with Spike & Celestia.

Gotta say I liked it :yay:

Spike & the princess adventure is pretty good.

While the new arc I was like ooooh boy :lol:

This gonna be good!! ;)

Cant wait for next volume of the mane comic and next up in the FF is Twiley & Her BBBFF Shining Armor.

Should be a doozy!

See ya!

• Brohoof 1