Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wasn't anybody disappointed by this in Season 3?

BronyPony

Here it is, Doctor Hooves and....not Derpy?

Posted Image

Doesn't anybody feel disappointed that they decided to not put Derpy in this scene with Dr. Hooves? I kind of was. I just want everyone's opinions.

• Brohoof 3

If that was intentional or not, it highly depends on how far the writers wanted to poke us with their subtle shipping references, like the many seen earlier in the Crystal Empire episode.

But I have no idea about it... I, myself, am not very interested in shipping anyway, though I find awesome the fact that the developers are apparently building this kind of link so-strong with the brony community~

Why should we even care it was a 4 second scene for a song, the writer and animators don't have to constantly pay attention to bronies because were not the target audience, seriously so they likely just pick to ponies at random and put them there.

because i'm rely creeped out that i saw someone called CloudKicker a s:(t for this (tho this was on 4chan so meh)

• Brohoof 5

Why should we even care it was a 4 second scene for a song, the writer and animators don't have to constantly pay attention to bronies because were not the target audience, seriously so they likely just pick to ponies at random and put them there.

because i'm rely creeped out that i saw someone called CloudKicker a s:(t for this (tho this was on 4chan so meh)

It was a 4 second scene that created Derpy in the first place. Posted Image 

It was a 4 second scene that created Derpy in the first place. Posted Image

actually it was an animation error and more then 4 seconds, along with the fact that people thought it was a fun idea to name a character Stupid 

also Ditzyx Dr is only a fan thing they don't have to cater to our needs

Edited by PonyEcho

actually it was an animation error and more then 4 seconds, along with the fact that people thought it was a fun idea to name a character Stupid 

also Ditzyx Dr is only a fan thing they don't have to cater to our needs

It was a short scene, I can tell you that. What makes it a difference with an animation error? They should have caught it before it was released. But that being beside the point.

I am still disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

It was a short scene, I can tell you that. What makes it a difference with an animation error? They should have caught it before it was released. But that being beside the point.

I am still disappointed.

again Ditzy x Dr is a fan thing they don't have to listen to use or even cater to our ideas if they did the show would suck and get canceled, so you getting all disappointing over this tiny detail is creepy

again Ditzy x Dr is a fan thing they don't have to listen to use or even cater to our ideas if they did the show would suck and get canceled, so you getting all disappointing over this tiny detail is creepy

Getting defensive, aren't we?

It is just an opinion. Posted Image

Getting defensive, aren't we?

It is just an opinion. Posted Image

sorry it is a habit of mine when i see fans over react, like i said in another post i saw people calling Cloudkicker a s:(t pony for that factor.

and i'm very defensive of Ditzy doo related stuff because, well i lived with a lazy/wall eye and i was tormented though childhood for it being call stupid (which derpy is slang for) for that reason alone, which is why I complained when the word was used in the last round up 

Its not that bad is it? D: I mean, its not exactly a shipping that they put them together.  Friends maybe.  It doesn't have to be anything x3

It isn't bad that they did this scene, all I am saying is I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting some uniqueness in such a scene like this. Posted Image

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
Removing response to removed post content.

So I wasn't the only one who thought that was a perfect place for Derpy/Ditzy. Not really disappointed, but yeah, I thought that would have been a great place for her. It would have been a great place to put a few background ponies, more that there are in that picture.

• Brohoof 1

Back to the topic, I am still asking why they replaced Derpy with Derpy's sister in that scene. Any thoughts?(even if that is Derpy's sister).

Removing response to hidden post.

Back to the topic, I am still asking why they replaced Derpy with Derpy's sister in that scene. Any thoughts?(even if that is Derpy's sister).

that Pony with Dr Hooves is Cloudkicker (no relation to Ditzy) and once again they don't have to cater to our needs of Ditzy x Dr... i bet there was even no though of it though the episode creation, if you so disappointed why not edit her over cloudkicker 

Removing response to removed post.

that Pony with Dr Hooves is Cloudkicker (no relation to Ditzy) and once again they don't have to cater to our needs of Ditzy x Dr... i bet there was even no though of it though the episode creation, if you so disappointed why not edit her over cloudkicker 

Okay, well thank you for the info(I always thought that was Derpy's sister Posted Image )

Removing response to removed post content.

There's a theory that this was an impostor Doctor, which is supported later in the episode when he dresses up as a pear for the harvest festival (the Doctor hates pears).

Doesn't really bother me, animators just needed background ponies to fill in the seats.

No one is perfect you know, and since it's made on flash there are occasional  glitches.

Like I said in my status update. I think they are slowly trying to throw her out. But that doesn't mean this season won't be good! We just have to wait and see! Like Ponyecho said, they don't need to cater to the bronies all the time. 

Edited by Dontlookmenaked

I don't think Derpy's derped appearance was an animation error. Animators like to take liberties like that with background scenes for the fun of it. That's probably what happened there.

Derpy could have been busy or he just hadn't seen Cloud Kicker in a while and wanted to hang out if she was free, so they went to the movies. Dr. Hooves can have other female friends if he wants to, nothing wrong with that.

Nope. Not bothered at all. In fact I'm pretty happy. Cloud Kicker is one of the only background ponies I care about at all, thanks to her starring role in one of the best fanfics of all time. So if anything I'm overjoyed that she's getting some screen time and getting some attention, even if it is only for the fact that she isn't Derpy.

Here it is, Doctor Hooves and....not Derpy?

Posted Image

Doesn't anybody feel disappointed that they decided to not put Derpy in this scene with Dr. Hooves? I kind of was. I just want everyone's opinions.

Not really, seeing as this pairing is purely fanon and not part of the show, and that I was never a big fan of the two to begin with.

Edit: looks like Lyra is getting competition for sitting oddly.

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 2

No.

Why? Because this doesn't mean anything to the overall development of events happening in Equestria. I love Derpy, and specially the Doctor. But I frankly do not care who the Doctor is seen with. This fandom needs to stop taking all this background filler so seriously. I'm all for the fans exploring different ideas and interpretations for this possible minor events and their characters. But taking it to the extent that people actually treat it as fact and having any little "change" done to this now pre-conceived "facts" as people (canon or fanon) possibly ruining their little ideas is ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

You seriously gotta edit that. line. I don't know what it says.