Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guns exist in Equestria!

I_wesley125

In Over A Barrel, I think they used pie for bullets. Granted, they were catapults, but it could of been guns. Im just saying that because it looks like the Cheif got shot when a pie went to his face.

I guess that counts?

Edited by TwilightRubix

I doubt there are guns in MLP. The reason they use phrases such as "Like a tank" and "fast as a bullet" is because they're recognizable to the viewer.

Following the logic that said phrases prove the existence of guns and tanks, then what about in the series premiere 2-parter, where Pinkie Pie "speaks to the viewer" before the screen wipe at the end? How about in "Over a Barrel" when Pinkie Pie actually prevents the screen wipe from closing on her, directly interacting with it? Does that prove that, after certain events, a black shroud covers the entire world?

Apologies for being way too serious. It's what I do best. :P

Edited by King K. Roop
  • Brohoof 1

Tanks I doubt exist since they require gasoline to operate which has yet to be shown even in simple cars or what not.

Rifles and what not (handheld weapons) likely do not exist either since only unicorns could use them

Cannons on the other hand could....

Unlike the other two, cannons have been around as long as muskets but don't have tiny triggers. Pinkie has a party cannon giving some evidence that the idea may be somewhat known of. Likewise, since they do have a military, I doubt ponies with 1800's tech wouldn't be able to fathom a military cannon.

• Brohoof 1

A gun is a very simple machine. Equestria's state of technilogical advancement is more then high enough for the simple chcmical reactions to be harnessed to propel a projectile from a smooth bore or rifled tube. Ponies could fire a rifle or hoof-gun the same way the photographer ponies trigger the shutters of their cameras.

They couldn't use them against Nightmare Moon though, because her magic was such a high order that mere bullets would never be able to compromise her natural magical sheilds.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

noun

a small metal projectile, part of a cartridge, for firing fromsmall arms.

a cartridge.

a small ball.

Printing . a heavy dot for marking paragraphs or otherwisecalling attention to or itemizing particular sections of text,especially in display advertising.

Cards . an ace.

1 & 2: Would therefore imply guns.

3: Likely also imply guns or other weapons

4 & 5: Neither a printed bullet nor a playing card are 'fast like a bullet', so that wouldn't make much sense.

My favorite explanation,

Yeah, they remember these things from the history books, from back before humans went extinct.

Oh yeah, and check out the dragon's hoard in Dragonsy.

There are swords in there.

You can't explain that!

Edited by ocalhoun

Yes, but here is my arguement again.

Why did the guards not use it on Discord, Nightmare Moon, or any other disasters?

Both were too proficient in magic to be of any use. Hard to shoot NMM when she turns into that dark blue star cloud, and Discord could just teleport out of the way.

Whenever Nightmare Moon came back, they did nothing to stop her.

Presumably crazy moon magic trumps firearms, so Celestia didn't even try.

It's definitely possible, if not probable, for Ponies to have firearms. It's already been shown a couple of times that their hooves can grip things, and they definitely have the technology.

That said, the use of the term "bullet" doesn't necessarily imply firearms, as the term was originally used for the metal or stone balls used in a sling - a very simple weapon which the Ponies most definitely have the technology for.

Both were too proficient in magic to be of any use. Hard to shoot NMM when she turns into that dark blue star cloud, and Discord could just teleport out of the way.

Discord would probably turn the bullets into jelly beans. That seems more like his style, to me.

Edited by Krall

I doubt there are guns in MLP. The reason they use phrases such as "Like a tank" and "fast as a bullet" is because they're recognizable to the viewer.

I think you're right with this.

As for the party cannon's existence, Pinkie broke the forth wall and stole a

cannon from our world and refitted it to fire decorations. Perfectly pluasible.

Also, happy birthday King.

"Rainbow won't look like a tank"

There are tanks too. They must have left out alot of facts about the "war between pony species" during that play.

"Rainbow won't look like a tank"

There are tanks too. They must have left out alot of facts about the "war between pony species" during that play.

The only "War" part was arguments... Maybe that counts? :huh:

Do guns freely exist in Equestria? No, I don't think so. Equestria is too peaceful, too kind and gentle a place to need much in the way of weaponry.

The technology for it, however, is most certainly there. When you examine all the technologies we see in the show, you can see that the general technological level of Equestria is around the turn of the 20th century, with some things a bit more advanced--we see plastic soap bottles and pill bottles, for instance, as well as X-rays. So while I doubt there are guns being toted around anywhere, I do believe they're capable of producing them if they need to. They just have no reason to do so.

Someone taking over the world is not a good reason?

I find that highly improbable.

because it's a kids show. There is death, there is sex, there is disease; you just don't see it. Things like this are inferred; a kids show would not let them be known. You think nopony ever steals or commits a crime? Ponies have guilt and have been shown doing bad things; obviously there is a lot going on that little kids shouldn't watch.

First of all, if there WERE guns, they'd obviously be invisible. Secondly, I'm sure gripping them wouldn't be a problem, seeing as they grip other things they shouldn't be able to grip all the time.