Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you forgive Trixie?

Silverhoof

Should Trixie be forgiven?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Should Trixie be forgiven?

• NO! Amulet or not, she belongs in jail.
    • Yes. I'm willing to overlook multiple violations of law.

She's reminding me of Porky/Pokey Minch from the Earthbound/Mother series.  She's showing signs of Mother 2 Porky.  What starts out as a weasel of a neighbor, grows to become one of the most sick and twisted villains in the history of RPGs.  Don't read below if you haven't played Earthbound or Mother 3 yet.

His list of crimes in Earthbound include kidnapping, hostage taking, using evil artifacts, and conspiring with an alien to take over the world.  Basically, he gets progressively worse as time wears on.

But it gets worse.

In Mother 3, he turns a peaceful world into a nightmarish hell where warped monsters that he created run amok.  His exploits result in the death of Lucas' mother, the transformation of Tazmily into a corrupt society addicted to technology, and the transformation of Lucas' brother into a mindless slave, who upon realizing what he had done over the course of the game, literally committs child suicide.

And the worst thing about it by far, is his motivation for it.  He did all this, because he was bored.  No grudge against anyone, no tragic past, no Empire making him crazy from experiments.  Nope, he was simply bored.

Oh, and by this point, he's essentially immortal and will live forever.  When your character puts his body in danger, he enters the Absolute Safety Capsule, which protects him from every form of attack.  He is safe, but he is also trapped inside the capsule, unable to leave for all eternity.

I could be wrong, but Trixie is showing signs of acting like early Earthbound Porky.

As I've said before though, she's still an awesome character.

Oh Porky!! I love Porky, as far as villains go. Well, mainly I love the Mother series, but all in all it has the same message! Ah well, you catch my point. Great character progression indeed. I can definitely see Trixie having the same characteristics.

Do I forgive trixie? Yes, despite her past crimes she apoligized for everything she done, and actually meant it. plus it was the amulet messing with her mind to begin with, I do not think she would ever mean to treat anypony as bad as she did with the amulet on, ( shes a better pony on the inside than we think.  I hope she gets to be in another episode ( not one where she is bad. )

Edited by Dashicorn

Don't get me wrong, I garuntee anybody who gets their hooves/hands on one of these amulets will eventually go crazy with power. You know that cliche where someone gets infinite power and they start to abuse it to the point where they're corrupt, psychotic monsters, even if they used it for good, such as fighting crime, finding cures for fatal diseases and whatnot? Trixie is no exception. 

She was probably hell-bent on revenge after how Twilight humiliated her, destroying her reputation altogether on top of that. She was looking for any kind of amulet, spellbook, or enchantment that would help her.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Trixie heard somewhere that the amulet could give her amazing powers, but not that it would make you evil. Trixie was just bitter, not evil. When she preformed all the horrifying spells and took over the town, she was doing it completely out of her free will. Once she realized what had happened, she apologized and should be forgiven.

• 3 weeks later...

Awwwww, i'm going to have to say yes... Even though it was her decision to seek out the amulet, but i don't really think she would have used it to such an extent on purpose.

I think she understood her lesson in the end, and that is what matters.

By the way, who could say no to the face she made before dissapearing again? :wub:

I don't think being possessed by a magical amulet makes you exempt from the law, I don't even see why that'd be a poll question. Rule of law clarifies on this, in any sensible situation, her acts wouldn't go unpunished.

On another note, the apologizing scene was so out of character that it negated the whole episode not breaking Trixie`s character, and keeping continuity with Boast Busters. I would have much prefered if she just stayed hated by everyone.

I'd agree with that. The apology scene just seemed really ham-fisted to me. It was more like Trixie all of a sudden changing mindsets and breaking out fireworks for a while, then Twilight forgiving her without any second thought. Uh, makes sense.

Look, I believe in redemption. I feel that if Trixie took the steps to really redeem herself, then I would forgive her.

With that said, I did not see any sincerity out of Trixie.

Some say she "helped" with the dumb animal magic show, which I tore apart in another topic. That show was an excuse for her to show off again, so I think that is a horrible thing to hold up as an act of contrition.

Some say the amulet made her do what she did. BULLS**T. She BOUGHT THE AMULET KNOWINGLY! Plus, the last episode she was in, she didn't have the amulet.

AND SHE TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS! In her "apology," she blames the amulet for everything, not herself, not even in the SLIGHTEST. So the amulet excuse is such crap it hurts.

And...

SHE RAN AWAY! She ran without paying any reparations to the townsponies that she oppressed dictator style. No jail time, no apologies to every single pony. NOTHING. She ran like the cowardly s**t that she is and thinks nothing of the ponies that she affected with her putrid actions.

She can fix herself, but until that day comes she is at Gilda status in my book! (shudders)

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure. Its my policy to give everyone a second chance, but she had hers. She can't blame her behavior on the amulet. She chose to wear it despite a warning and continued acting hostile when it was removed. Her swift apology didn't win her many pity points either. Maybe I can forgive her, but she'd have to pay for her numerous crimes first.

• Brohoof 2